Fiio E17 Paired With HE-400 Or D600
Dec 10, 2012 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

payj

Head-Fier
Still figuring out which one to buy.....

Anywhos I am pretty set on that amp. I will be using it with an ipod on the go and my macbook.

Question is: What cords do I need to buy seperalty?

If you can link them from Amazon that would be greatly appreciated. That is where I will be buying all this stuff from.

THANKS

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi,

I got the HE-400 a few days back and i have the Fiio E17. In general, i am happy with the purchase, and i would definitly do it agian if placed in the same spot again.
I do not own the D600, so i cannot comment there.

From my personal expirience, the Fiio E17 drives the HE-400 very well (i had the chance to try the fiio E17 and then the Icon HDP desktop amp to compare, and i did not notice any quality diffrence in 20 minutes of testing, but do note that my previous setup was far worse, so there is a chance that, overtime, i would see the diffrence),

From my laptop, the HE-400 were untolerable to listen to at Gain 6, volume over 45, but this was from a CD and with Jetaudio maxed (and its the loudest program i have in my laptop).

Jul 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hi,

I got the HE-400 a few days back and i have the Fiio E17. In general, i am happy with the purchase, and i would definitly do it agian if placed in the same spot again.
I do not own the D600, so i cannot comment there.

From my personal expirience, the Fiio E17 drives the HE-400 very well (i had the chance to try the fiio E17 and then the Icon HDP desktop amp to compare, and i did not notice any quality diffrence in 20 minutes of testing, but do note that my previous setup was far worse, so there is a chance that, overtime, i would see the diffrence),

From my laptop, the HE-400 were untolerable to listen to at Gain 6, volume over 45, but this was from a CD and with Jetaudio maxed (and its the loudest program i have in my laptop).

What would be the next step up from the E17 as an amp/DAC (separate or combined) for the HE-400? Trying to figure out what the sweet spot in this investment would be. Thanks!

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 4
Schiit Magni Modi Combo is popular.

I too am trying to solve this. I like the portability, but also know that HE400i are harder to drive due to inefficiencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back