FiiO E12 Review
Jul 25, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #376 of 418
  Hello,

As a noob, I just bought these. They sound wonderful but I am wondering about the gain-switch. When you turn on gain, doesn't it affect the audio quality?

Theoretically low gain should give you better SQ, provided you get enough volume out of it. But in reality, just use whatever gain setting you want is fine.

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #377 of 418
Hi there,

Just got a pair of these a couple of weeks ago, and I've mostly been using them on the go with a Xiaomi smartphone and a pair of Soundmagic E30s. While I do feel that sound quality has improved significantly over straight up plugging the E30s into the phone, an issue that I have is hissing. Even if the original review was written over 2 years ago with a sample unit, what bowei006 says about IEM noise is right: there is some hissing that grows as you turn the volume knob. At times it is unnoticeable, but when playing softer music it can interfere significantly (e.g. Miles Davis' Blue in Green, hissing can obscure percussion and piano). When I tried them with my larger cans (AKG Q701s), the hissing disappeared.

Aside from that I can agree with most of the good things said here about them. Great performance for the price.

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #378 of 418
Thanks, great review!
I've been using the E12 about a year now, and for the price its perfect.
I'm limited from using it's full potential as daily I hook my iPod up to it and am obviously at the mercy of the iPod's playback capabilities. (IE. mp3 etc as opposed to a healthy .FLAC file).
I did notice the Mont Blanc open up a little more when loading up through JRiver on my PC though... but I recon it is more appropriate for on-the-go people than being utilised in a PC environment as it's mobile, light, affordable and just does sound good.
A great little unit $4$... and no issues with it at all so far.

Aug 14, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #379 of 418
Would this amp be advisable for my Marshall Monitor cans with 42 Ohm impedance, if I would like to listen on the go from my iPod Classic (5.5th gen)?

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #380 of 418
I am wondering if anyone can compare the amp portion of the E12 to the Q1. I have an E11, but I am looking to upgrade to the E12 (possibly IEM edition) or the Q1 (don't really need the DAC since i usually listen through an ipod, but it's nice to have just in case).

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #381 of 418
Eh, i didn't want to spend so much money, and get a dac too, so i gave up with e12, got rid of it : <

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #382 of 418
I recently bought this AMP. Using it with M50X & Galaxy Note 4 / Fiio X1. As mentioned in the reveiw I can hear some noise / disturbance when I use this with IEM's. But With larger cans the noise just vanishes. But nothing can beat this at the price point. Great value for money. Enjoying my music.

Jan 14, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #385 of 418
First time post and looking for some advice please.

I have the X3II and a pair of Westone UM-2 IEM's. Would there be any sonic benefits in getting an E12/E12A to use in between the two? 

Thanks in advance.

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #386 of 418
  First time post and looking for some advice please.

I have the X3II and a pair of Westone UM-2 IEM's. Would there be any sonic benefits in getting an E12/E12A to use in between the two? 

Thanks in advance.

if your iem is sensitive and/or you also had sensitive ear I suggest you to get e12a, e12 has a lot of noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back