FIIO E12 bass boost failure?
Dec 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lsamod

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I have ordered an e12 and waiting for that to arrive.In the meantime i checked some reviews and found some negative comments.
A problem in the bass boost!!!! few users had experienced a distorted bass when they use it regularly.Does anyone have the same problem? i'm planning to use the bass boost all the time.fiio e12 users please help me!
confused.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 5
I think you should start worry if the bass is actually distorted on your E12, but not before you actually have the chance of using it. There are people choking on their food all the time, but that's not going to stop you from eating, right? Don't worry too much. Distortion can come from many other places: EQ or clipping on the source, overall boosting beyond the capability of the headphone itself, etc. It is not necessary the fault of the amp nor does it mean it will apply to you.

Dec 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 5
You're asking for help with something that you haven't even heard yet? The E12 gets overall very positive reviews, literally 100's of pages within the threads on this site alone. I wouldn't worry so much. Plz update when you DO hear it, I'd like to hear your impressions!

Dec 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 5
You're asking for help with something that you haven't even heard yet? The E12 gets overall very positive reviews, literally 100's of pages within the threads on this site alone. I wouldn't worry so much. Plz update when you DO hear it, I'd like to hear your impressions!
i got my e12,and it's really great!
Great built
Soundstage got bigger
Bass is well defined than highs
Slightly more detail. May be l should let them burnin few hours.

I haven't tested the bass boost yet, and i use the 3.5-3.5 given cable. Waiting for my LOD cable and Q701's.i haven't tested the 16db gain setting yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back