Fiio E11k or E07K for Beyerdynamic T90?
Nov 1, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #47 of 68

The cable is male to male (3.5mm to 3.5mm) to use it from the phone to the Cayin and then the earphones connected directly to the Cayin. I thought with this method im getting the best of them but its like I was wrong

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #48 of 68

The cable is male to male (3.5mm to 3.5mm) to use it from the phone to the Cayin and then the earphones connected directly to the Cayin. I thought with this method im getting the best of them but its like I was wrong

you know what, that's an excellent place to start :3

just use that set up without anything other than a music player. When your not happy with that when let us know xD 

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #49 of 68

Thanks again for your help.Just last question before I buy it. If it was you,you would do this or you would buy a fiio x3 audio player and just connect the IEM earphones in it? Maybe the signal of the fiio x3 will sound better and the sound quality for the music would be better?

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #50 of 68

Thanks again for your help.Just last question before I buy it. If it was you,you would do this or you would buy a fiio x3 audio player and just connect the IEM earphones in it? Maybe the signal of the fiio x3 will sound better and the sound quality for the music would be better?

I'd go Fiio X3 into Fiio E12 into T90 and call it a day :3 

u can use the Cayain c5 you already have as well. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #51 of 68
  I'd go Fiio X3 into Fiio E12 into T90 and call it a day :3 

u can use the Cayain c5 you already have as well. 

Tbh, that would be a stupid idea.
For what exactly do you ened a Fiio E12, when you already have a X3? Thats not just a DAC; but also an Amplifier. And it has by far more than enough power, to drive a T90.
And regarding to any in-ears.. Its there also enough. The X3 has already near 0 Ohm output impedance. Any additional Amp like the E12 would be NOTHING but a pure 130 dollar decoration without any purpose. It will not sound better and the output impedance isnt lower = useless.

An additional Amplifier is worth buying if you have one or both of these issues:
- Its not loud enough / output power is too low
- Output impedance is too high, and desturbing the frequency response of Multi BA-inears.

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #52 of 68

For what exactly do you ened a Fiio E12, when you already have a X3? Thats not just a DAC; but also an Amplifier. And it has by far more than enough power, to drive a T90.
And regarding to any in-ears.. Its there also enough. The X3 has already near 0 Ohm output impedance. Any additional Amp like the E12 would be NOTHING but a pure 130 dollar decoration without any purpose. It will not sound better and the output impedance isnt lower = useless.

An additional Amplifier is worth buying if you have one or both of these issues:
- Output impedance is too high, and desturbing the frequency response of Multi BA-inears.

Oh I'm sorry, when I had the DT 880 I felt the X5 alone was not enough power to drive even my DT 880 sufficently, not to mention I feel the on board amp for the Fiio players is a little sub par. I think they sound better and cleaner with a Line out into an amp 

Oh and Loud does not = good. I have always found the line of any player to be cleaner than it's headphone out, thus to get the best sound Run line out into an amplifier. But what makes head fi great is we can all have a different opinion. I would appreciate if you shared your opinion without insulting me 

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #53 of 68

Wow seriously...

How about "An additional Amplifier is worth buying if you..."

Want a nice analog volume control like the E12 provides.
Want to reduce the power consumption of the X3 by not having to switch it into high gain battery eater mode to drive high Z cans properly. (DT880's for example)
Want a little Bass boost at the flick of a switch, because we all know how amazing the UI is on the X3 ever since they took out the tone controls from the quick menu.

So maybe just a "stupid idea" for you. 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #54 of 68

Wow seriously...

Want to reduce the power consumption of the X3 by not having to switch it into high gain battery eater mode to drive high Z cans properly. (DT880's for example)
Want a little Bass boost at the flick of a switch, because we all know how amazing the UI is on the X3 ever since they took out the tone controls from the quick menu.

Indeed, an external amp prolongs battery life, gives you a nice smooth volume control and has a very quick bass boost at your fingers, I prefer a little "color" with my Techno, my Dub Step and the like. 

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #55 of 68

So definetily I made my choice and ordered the fiio x3. im sure the sound will be nicer and cleaner instead of playing it on my nokia lumia 1520 plus amp. im sorry but I cant afford to  buy the fiio x3+fiioe12+T90 they worth 160+130+630 so means nearly one thousand dollars.my budget is 400 dollars. I spend 140 on fiio x3 and now remains me around 220 dollars to buy a good pair of headphones. Any suggestions so I don't waist my money?. I bought few years ago the pioneer hdj 2000 from ebay only to find out few weeks ago that are fake :frowning2:.I was undiceded between ath-m50x, AKG-K551 or Beyerdynamics DT 1350. What do you think will sound better with Fiio x3?

Nov 5, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #56 of 68

Don't be offended Mshenay I don't think he  wanted to offend you. He just strongly believe I don't need a Fiio e12 on the Fiio x3 to work out the headphones properly. Thanks both of you for your own opinion and suggestions

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #57 of 68

So definetily I made my choice and ordered the fiio x3. im sure the sound will be nicer and cleaner instead of playing it on my nokia lumia 1520 plus amp. im sorry but I cant afford to  buy the fiio x3+fiioe12+T90 they worth 160+130+630 so means nearly one thousand dollars.my budget is 400 dollars. I spend 140 on fiio x3 and now remains me around 220 dollars to buy a good pair of headphones. Any suggestions so I don't waist my money?. I bought few years ago the pioneer hdj 2000 from ebay only to find out few weeks ago that are fake :frowning2:.I was undiceded between ath-m50x, AKG-K551 or Beyerdynamics DT 1350. What do you think will sound better with Fiio x3?

Don't be offended Mshenay I don't think he  wanted to offend you. He just strongly believe I don't need a Fiio e12 on the Fiio x3 to work out the headphones properly. Thanks both of you for your own opinion and suggestions

Oh I'm not offended :3 I just bothers me how rude some of our members can be. Hmm if you need a headphone that sounds great without an amp and you were thinking about the T90... the Beyer 1350 is a good option, 

how ever you could try this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0011UB9CQ/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all a refurbished Beyerdyanmic DT 990 Pro for $179, I have a refurbished Audio Technica W1000x that I've enjoyed with no problems for like two years now , so don't let the refurbished tag scare you. It's pretty much a new headphone at a used price

But it needs an amp, how ever the Fiio E11k will do the Trick just fine, at $59 it should squeeze right into your budget. It's a lot like the E12 with out as much power. I used the E11 and the Dt 990 Pro back in the day my self and I enjoyed it, Plus the DT 990 is simmilar in terms of sound to the T90, granted it's not as refined but it has the same flavor

if your not comfortable with refurbished or gettin the E11k then I'd go with the DT 1350

Nov 5, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #58 of 68

Wow seriously...

So maybe just a "stupid idea" for you. 
rolleyes.gif

And, to be honest, These small gimicks are worth an extra 130 bucks for you? Maybe you thought about that there arent many people to throw hundreds of dollars/euro around like its nothing, when its just small gimmicks you get.
As if 130 bucks extra just for a volume knob + faster bass-boost switch doesnt sound a bit worthless / "not smart way to spend money"

If you get the E12 anyway, then you can just use your smartphone as source. Its not like the X3 sounds better than some smartphones (for example htc one m7 / m8 are on a similar level, Tested with 400 bucks in-ears.).
Since most people have their smartphone anyway, why carry 3 devices?
Except of course, you dont own a smartphone / have a 10+ year old nokia brick.

And inears aside, for what purpose exactly do you need a MOBILE music player for headphones, that are not useable for any mobile purpose because they are open cans? DT 880, T90 might sound great, but they suck for mobile usage because they leak sound. And their cable is too long.

@ kops05: well, which sound better depends on YOUR personal opinion. One might prefer the dt 1350, others the m50. They sound different, are all a good suggestion. But which YOU like most, you will have to try on your own. If you have any chance, try all / order all, and send the others back.
If you want to use them mobile (train, bus etc), they just have to be closed cans.

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #59 of 68

And, to be honest, These small gimicks are worth an extra 130 bucks for you? Maybe you thought about that there arent many people to throw hundreds of dollars/euro around like its nothing, when its just small gimmicks you get.
As if 130 bucks extra just for a volume knob + faster bass-boost switch doesnt sound a bit worthless / "not smart way to spend money"

If you get the E12 anyway, then you can just use your smartphone as source. Its not like the X3 sounds better than some smartphones (for example htc one m7 / m8 are on a similar level, Tested with 400 bucks in-ears.).

And inears aside, for what purpose exactly do you need a MOBILE music player for headphones, that are not useable for any mobile purpose because they are open cans? DT 880, T90 might sound great, but they suck for mobile usage because they leak sound. And their cable is too long.

@ kops05: well, which sound better depends on YOUR personal opinion. One might prefer the dt 1350, others the m50. They sound different, are all a good suggestion. But which YOU like most, you will have to try on your own. If you have any chance, try all / order all, and send the others back.
If you want to use them mobile (train, bus etc), they just have to be closed cans.

again all comes down to preferance, I used my DT 880 portable for like a year, used them at my Schools Library, used them in my car. As a matter of Fact I have a pair of Grados that I ADORE for portable use, so using open backs portable isn't a waste, I prefer not to be isolated when walking around

in addiition, the price you paid does not reflect the quality of sound of your in ear, in addition Troll and I have been here long enough to know that Phones in general don't have the quality of sound that a DAP does, then we get into Battery Life, not to mention a phone will always have more noise than a DAP simply because it's a celluar phone, you have those waves constantly bombarding the device creating a rather large amount of noise in the circuit, Tested this with my 3 HTC Android Phones. Yea they might have sounded "good" but they were noisy, and let's not forget about battery life

I got about 8-9 hours out of my HM601 and Fiio E11 back in the day, my cell phone would die in about 3 hours if I attempted to play music. If I attempted to play Lossless quality music I might lose like half n Hour. An that's assuming my Dim is on LOW and I'm not making any calls, 

Though the Long Cable is a valid point, though a twist tie does WONDERS for long cables, it magically makes a 8 foot cable... only 3 feet long, want it shorter add another loop and you have an even shorter Cable. In fact I often run my Cables through my Belt loop and I have no issues with them what so ever

I think that OP will in the long run Benifit from having a Fiio X3 [maybe even an X1] with a Fiio E12 or E11k. The Fiio DAPS are going to have a better battery life and will play a large quanity of files natively, without the noise that a celluarphone will have in it's headphone out

but it's all a matter of preferance, with regards to headphones both the ATH M50X and DT 1350 are good otpions 

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #60 of 68

I picked up the E12 as an amplifier to provide additional headroom for the DT800's and my orthos...

Everybody does not take the bus to use headphones as MOBILE... These are enjoyed out on the back deck all summer and fall.

A smartphone, that's just what I want, Facebook/Twitter/Text's beeping and squawking while I listen to some tunes...
So what DAP do you use daily?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back