Fiio E11k or E07K for Beyerdynamic T90?
Oct 24, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #31 of 68
The only direct competitor to the Vali I can think of is the Little Dot 1+. Have you had a chance to compare the two?

Both are hybrids with solid-state output stages, rather than pure tube designs.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #32 of 68
The only direct competitor to the Vali I can think of is the Little Dot 1+. Have you had a chance to compare the two?

Both are hybrids with solid-state output stages, rather than pure tube designs.

I have not heard the Little Dot 1+ have you heard the Vali? I suppose it's not right of my to assume the Little Dot 1+ is going to sound the same as the Indeed and BRavos I heard, I even had a Millet Starving Student Hybrid tube amp [$150] and of the three sub $200 Hybrid Tubes I heard, non of them where on par with the Vali 

I did get a chance to listen to a Indeed G3 and Brave V2, both of Which I rolled NOS Mullard tubes and some RCA Clear Tops into, and neither sounded as good as the Vali

though I did hear a lot of positive about the Little Dot 1+ 

THough my Vali sounded better than my old Matrix M Stage, the matrix sounded better than the Tubes I had at the time. Either way, the Vali or Little Dot 1+ should be good recommendations, I've heard the vali first hand and know that, where as I've heard a lot of good about the Little Dot 1+ 

Oct 25, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #33 of 68
With me it's the other way around: I've heard the Little Dot, but not the Vali. The LD is, however, a class above amps such as the Bravo and Indeed (having a proper power supply and decent quality components).

Schiit gear is, alas, almost impossible to find here in China.

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #38 of 68
  Note that someone has got hiss with the T90 + Vali, even when no music is being played. Vali is not a good idea.

Uh yea it's a tube amp welcome to TUBE amps lol

a 600 ohm won't have any hiss, but I'd imagine the LD is going to have a touch a hiss to, it also depends on how loudly your listening to

butat $130 you'll b hard pressed to find a Hybrid Tube that has a black  background and an overall balanced sound 

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #39 of 68

a 600 ohm won't have any hiss, but I'd imagine the LD is going to have a touch a hiss to, it also depends on how loudly your listening to

butat $130 you'll b hard pressed to find a Hybrid Tube that has a black  background and an overall balanced sound 

Yeah that's the slight problem. I listen at Low to moderate levels. 
If I just used it straight with the Mac would I experience any sound issues. I know it won't be extremely loud but as long as The quality is preserved, I'll be stoked. 

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #40 of 68

Thanks. Do you know about the crack with the T90? I'm guessing there's no hiss since their so often recommended.

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #41 of 68
  Thanks. Do you know about the crack with the T90? I'm guessing there's no hiss since their so often recommended.

I've not heard the Crack, but I hear it's pretty black [as in the back ground] I'd say if your good with a soddering iron go for it! 

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #42 of 68
I just bought earphones DUNU DN-1000 and I was going to drive them with my smartphone, Then I was reading about these amps and I was curious. Since my earphones are with low OHMS do you think it make a big difference if I drive them with an Cayin c5? not just for more power but more for more quality. Have you any idea pls?

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #43 of 68
  I just bought earphones DUNU DN-1000 and I was going to drive them with my smartphone, Then I was reading about these amps and I was curious. Since my earphones are with low OHMS do you think it make a big difference if I drive them with an Cayin c5? not just for more power but more for more quality. Have you any idea pls?

TO get better quality with the C5 you need to use a Line out from your Phone, which runs out of your Phones DAC and skips the Amp, to do that... well the methods vary depending on your phone? U got an iPhone or an Android 

Oct 31, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #44 of 68

Thanks for you help. I just bought a Nokia Lumia 1520 and also as a cable I bought a BestSound BS-1301 Line Out LO cable I thought to match them with earphones Dunu DN 1000 and the only thing that I didn't bought yet is the amp and I was thinking to buy the Cayin c5. Do you think will be a good match all together?

Oct 31, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #45 of 68
No what is the phones Operating system, you should not have gotten the Cable,

I would recommend you start to reaserach what phones [Manufactor and Operating Systems] can support Audio Line Out Natively or through software, unlike a DAP, a cell phone has to be told you run LINE out of the DAC. There for, you  need to find the right phone and Software to use on that phone to get the Line Out to work properly. I can only hope the Phone and cable you purchased are compatiable, in addition you may need to reaserach what software to use on your phone to achive the Line Out Singal from the Dac 

Or maybe the Cable will work all alone, but I have my doubts 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back