Fiio E11k or E07K for Beyerdynamic T90?
Nov 5, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #61 of 68

I picked up the E12 as an amplifier to provide additional headroom for the DT800's and my orthos...

Everybody does not take the bus to use headphones as MOBILE... These are enjoyed out on the back deck all summer and fall.

A smartphone, that's just what I want, Facebook/Twitter/Text's beeping and squawking while I listen to some tunes...
So what DAP do you use daily?

Also good points, I love using my Grados when I'm visiting with friends and what not, spending time away from my house  

for my mobile use is anything 10 feet away from my Desktop PC, if I want to sit out in my living room with my room mates, enjoy a cocktail with them an listen to some tunes I have a portable rig. Heck some times I like to take a walk around my neighbor hood with cousins, I've got a nice peir too and I like to fish from time to time, in between the bits it's nice to have a portable rig,

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #62 of 68
  Also good points, I love using my Grados when I'm visiting with friends and what not, spending time away from my house  

for my mobile use is anything 10 feet away from my Desktop PC, if I want to sit out in my living room with my room mates, enjoy a cocktail with them an listen to some tunes I have a portable rig. Heck some times I like to take a walk around my neighbor hood with cousins, I've got a nice peir too and I like to fish from time to time, in between the bits it's nice to have a portable rig,

Exactly!

Some users here just get too caught up in the details and can't see the forest for the trees.
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #64 of 68
You might want to try the C&C BH too...

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #65 of 68
  So ok with the Fiio e11-k I can manage to pump up the T990 but do you think I will deteriorate the quality of the sound with this amp of 60 dollars?

You might want to try the C&C BH too...

Good idea ^ I've heardgood things about it as well

No the $60 amp won't deterioate the sound rather it's going to utilize the cleaner line out of the DAP and give you an overall better sound in addition to better battery life. You are of course welcome to try the DT 990 out of the Fiio X3 without an amp, an with regards to open headphones an portability 

That would be me, sitting in a library, full of people listening to my Open Back Grado Headphone. Granted I'm listening at a modest volume [not abig fan of LOUD anything]

But open backs work well in public I think, additionally, a Grado headphone might work for you as well! THey do not need an amp like the Beyerdynamics do, but offer a simmilar level of clarity. As some one who LOVES beyer and Grado, I can suggest the Grado SR 60i or the Allesandro MS1i to you, both are like $100 ish dollars, How ever the Graods are not as comfortable as the Beyerdyanmics, but they also don't need an amp

additionally, I have no issue with grado Comfort my self. I find the MS1i espically to be rather comfy, how ever your results may vary

but an Open Back Grado or Beyerdyanmic can work well in public situations and in traveling [I walk around my campus with my Grados on, I slap the cord in my belt loop and onward I go or some times I shove it in my pocket with my DAP] how ever the CLosed backs will allow you to listen to your music louder as they offer isolation, from in bound and outward bound sounds 

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #66 of 68

No the $60 amp won't deterioate the sound rather it's going to utilize the cleaner line out of the DAP and give you an overall better sound in addition to better battery life. You are of course welcome to try the DT 990 out of the Fiio X3 without an amp, an with regards to open headphones an portability 

Personally in don't think the E11K would offer anything extra as it is not designed for headphones above 150Ω.

Now there is talk of a DT990 I thought this was centered on the DT90's?

You can always get an amp down the road if you need one. I upgraded from the Colorfly C3 which has a very low output, so when I ordered my X3 I just naturally added the E12 in the cart to go with it. Also if I didn't use it on the X3, I could use in on my iPods or the C3 etc...

Try the X3 first with your headphones and see how it turns out. You can always add a E12, Cayin C5, C&C BH2 etc down the road.
beerchug.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #67 of 68

usually I use my phone with Motorola s11 flex by Bluetooth to be honest I hate wires when I go around. I wanted a good setup for home and for work. Since I don't have any home devices I was looking for good sounding without waking up my 7 months baby and not annoying my wife. Today I was looking around and I found for a good prize a set of Hifiman he-400 and read good comment about them but also I heared that they leak a lot of sound so I was abit concerned ordering them without knowing how much they amount they leak honestly. Im not looking for a perfect isolation but they seem to leak a lot but I was impressed of the quality of there sound

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #68 of 68
  Personally in don't think the E11K would offer anything extra as it is not designed for headphones above 150Ω.

Now there is talk of a DT990 I thought this was centered on the DT90's?

You can always get an amp down the road if you need one. I upgraded from the Colorfly C3 which has a very low output, so when I ordered my X3 I just naturally added the E12 in the cart to go with it. Also if I didn't use it on the X3, I could use in on my iPods or the C3 etc...

Try the X3 first with your headphones and see how it turns out. You can always add a E12, Cayin C5, C&C BH2 etc down the road.
beerchug.gif

You see that face, is the face I made when reading your comment, the face of "I r disapoint" 

ehm but yea get the X3 first then an amp if you feel you need it

and Troll this thread was bout the Beyer T90 which is like the love child of the DT 880 an DT 990, I think if your looking at the T 90 and it's out of ur price range the DT 990 is the next best thing 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back