FiiO E11K &A3 Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early Impressions)
Jul 23, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #32 of 718
I'm guessing the E11K would be the same size as the original? Was originally planning on getting an E11 to stack with my Sansa Fuze, but now that I've seen this thread, I think I'll hold off on the E11...especially if the E11K could be used while charging

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #33 of 718
I'm guessing the E11K would be the same size as the original? Was originally planning on getting an E11 to stack with my Sansa Fuze, but now that I've seen this thread, I think I'll hold off on the E11...especially if the E11K could be used while charging
good idea. I'm thinking of selling my E11 here soon before the E11K comes out and e11 prices drop...

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #34 of 718
good idea. I'm thinking of selling my E11 here soon before the E11K comes out and e11 prices drop...

If you are going to do it. You better do it quick.

This thread is a few days old 
rolleyes.gif
 People are learning about the new E11K from PAnda and the others who have it! 
gs1000.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #35 of 718
If you are going to do it. You better do it quick.

This thread is a few days old :rolleyes:  People are learning about the new E11K from PAnda and the others who have it! :gs1000smile:
doesn't mean amazon will know about it... Prices will not drop until the E11K comes out since, even you said that the E11K will already be out by the time they release all the info etc on it. Isn't it coming out in few months? I'm waiting until the last moment.

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #36 of 718
doesn't mean amazon will know about it... Prices will not drop until the E11K comes out since, even you said that the E11K will already be out by the time they release all the info etc on it. Isn't it coming out in few months? I'm waiting until the last moment.

Maybe sooner. Who knows. FiiO doesn't give actual ETAs until its actually close. 

I would recommend you check their FB page. I haven't been using FB recently often. 

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #40 of 718
One more thing, are the using the AD8397 as the main op amp again? Did they say how the implemantation is?

If I am not mistaken, AD8397 is used only as a buffer this time. That gain stage should be OPA1642. It should also run on bipolar power instead of E11's 3 channels topology. To put in simple, it is a completely different amp from E11, except for having AD9397.

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #45 of 718
  Just ordered one can't wait to compare it to the E11 that i also have....I am going to give it to a girlfriend of mine who was blown away with the sound this tiny thing gives haha

Yeah, I like it as a mix between old style warm and new style accurate that FiiO is bringing. 

The bronzy/copper shine of the actual 3.5mm plugs on the real E11K is NOWHERE near as noticeable and shinny/visible as the graphic image looks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back