Fiio E11 vs JDS Labs CMoyBB v2.03 (Taking suggestions)
Jan 23, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #31 of 52

Quote:
For example, I really don't hear much of a difference amped or unamped with the e11, on either 770s or 880s.

Hello,

You speak about the beyerdynamic DT770 and DT880 250 OHM ? So for you with the E11, no really difference ?
And for the FIIO E11, i read on a french review that when you plug an iPhone with a FIIO E11, you have big pertubations (bip bip bip) when you take for example the underground and your iphone change to 3G to WLAN to Edge to 3G, etc... Do you have this problem ?

Thanks.

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #32 of 52
Well, I just got the E11 today.  First impressions:

I can barely notice a difference.  Granted the battery is half charged, I can't tell the difference between amped and unamped.  The only difference is when I turn on the bass boost, which is really nice and doesn't seem to pollute the other sounds too much.  Overall, I'm a bit disappointed.  I guess it was wrong for me to assume a night or day difference for a beginner level amp.  I'll let it charge and burn in, then decide whether or not to return it.  I guess the DT 770s aren't the bass monsters I thought they would be.  Thanks for all of your help, guys.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #33 of 52
h

Quote:
Well, I just got the E11 today.  First impressions:

I can barely notice a difference.  Granted the battery is half charged, I can't tell the difference between amped and unamped.  The only difference is when I turn on the bass boost, which is really nice and doesn't seem to pollute the other sounds too much.  Overall, I'm a bit disappointed.  I guess it was wrong for me to assume a night or day difference for a beginner level amp.  I'll let it charge and burn in, then decide whether or not to return it.  I guess the DT 770s aren't the bass monsters I thought they would be.  Thanks for all of your help, guys.

that's what i thought when i first got my amp too. i couldn't tell.it's only when u use it with the E11 for a week and LOD. and then go back to unamped. that you realize the difference of sound. you will realize soon. Well from my and general head fi opinion.

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #34 of 52
i have the e11 being used on my SRH440 and XB500.. but for me the bass is not enough (i know a lot of you guys will be reacting) ;D

but i want to have more and more and more bass! i was having my options between an e17 and a cmoybb, but as i saw this thread.. where "i think" the e11 won.. i guess i'll be leaning more to e17 now :)

comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated ;D

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #35 of 52
i have the e11 being used on my SRH440 and XB500.. but for me the bass is not enough (i know a lot of you guys will be reacting) ;D

but i want to have more and more and more bass! i was having my options between an e17 and a cmoybb, but as i saw this thread.. where "i think" the e11 won.. i guess i'll be leaning more to e17 now :)

comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated ;D

Hahaha, I've used XB500 with E11 so I know how much bass you have there. Have a look at something like a Zo2 for your application. I used to be a basshead, there was never enough bass no matter what I did. Then my tastes changed over coming months I now prefer an almost flat balanced sound. Remember our preferences are always changing. Now bass in the amounts you have with XB500 and E11 makes me cringe. Have a look at the Zo2 amplifier.

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #36 of 52
Quote:

yeah i have seen ZO and it's reviews.. but unfortunately its out of my budget :frowning2: so my options ended on CmoyBB and E17.. but as of now i'm leaning and planning to go for the E17..

ZO is way TOO far compared to E17?..

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #37 of 52
Quote:

yeah i have seen ZO and it's reviews.. but unfortunately its out of my budget :frowning2: so my options ended on CmoyBB and E17.. but as of now i'm leaning and planning to go for the E17..

ZO is way TOO far compared to E17?..

I haven't heard Zo2 or E17. However, we have a For Sale section here on Head-fi, ZO pops up all the time for around $100 US.

Keep your eye out.

Here's the amp section.

http://www.head-fi.org/f/6551/amplification-for-sale-trade

And a Zo2 I found in 45 seconds. :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/615234/fs-digizoid-zo-v2-3

Jul 29, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #38 of 52
Quote:
I haven't heard Zo2 or E17. However, we have a For Sale section here on Head-fi, ZO pops up all the time for around $100 US.
Keep your eye out.
Here's the amp section.
http://www.head-fi.org/f/6551/amplification-for-sale-trade
And a Zo2 I found in 45 seconds.
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/615234/fs-digizoid-zo-v2-3

i'd love to order but i'm from RP.. shipping cost will kill me :frowning2:

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #39 of 52
While I have both a BB2.02 and a 3 day old E11, the only advantage I can see to either would be the opamp rolling capability of the JDSLabs cMoy and the compact design of the E11. Both are sweet, clean-sounding amps and will drive a buttload of phones. There is something to be said for synergy between certain combinations of amps and phones, too. But no matter what the technical specs of the combination actually are, the human ear is the final component and may make what "on-paper" should be a disaster into something nearly divine... take the Indeed G2 for instance.

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #41 of 52
Quote:
I like my JDS Cmoy and use it with the bass boost set to off.  I prefer a neutral sound.

Every once in a while I like flipping on the bass boost switch and blowing my brains out on the low end.

I love the sound it when off, slightly warm and livens up my music but I also love flipping the switch and listening to some of my heavier or hard hitting albums with it. New way to "hear" it and really pushes Cliff Burton's bass playing on some of Kill em' all.

Thats the beauty of the cmoyBB, options. :)

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #42 of 52
Wow, what a great thread. I just got the E11 delivered from Amazon to compare to my beloved JDS cmoy with BB. Everything posted here makes a lot of sense and I agree with many of the observations. However, when I want to sit back and enjoy my music (hard rock/metal) the cmoy with BB on is tough to beat. I just don't hear the bass with the E11 imo. I vote for the JDS cmoy.

I'll be returning the fiio tomorrow. I just wish I could swap out the enclosure. The Altoids tin is pretty dented up.

Thanks for listening. etys rule

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #43 of 52
Quote:
Wow, what a great thread. I just got the E11 delivered from Amazon to compare to my beloved JDS cmoy with BB. Everything posted here makes a lot of sense and I agree with many of the observations. However, when I want to sit back and enjoy my music (hard rock/metal) the cmoy with BB on is tough to beat. I just don't hear the bass with the E11 imo. I vote for the JDS cmoy.

I'll be returning the fiio tomorrow. I just wish I could swap out the enclosure. The Altoids tin is pretty dented up.

Thanks for listening. etys rule

You can easily switch out the case, you just need a clean mint tin and a way to punch/drill/cut holes for the inputs and outputs. You can even buy a tin from JDS labs (might have the holes punched out already, probably does or they can do it for you).

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #44 of 52
I am about to order the JDS cmoy with BB.

I am going to be pairing it with my RS1i and a Sandisk clip zip

I am uncertain if I should get the version with two 9 volt batteries or just one.

Also debating if I should get the rechargeable batteries....does it recharge when an ac adapter is plugged into the wall?

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #45 of 52
ill post here so as not to litter the forum with quick question threads: say i have a cmoy with 2 9V batteries in it. can i take one out and have a less powerful amp, or would it not work? i dont want to kill the amp by accident...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back