fiio e11 or e17? for beyr 770 pro80
Nov 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

divinestrike

New Head-Fier
Hello, I've been needing to get an amp for my headphones. I will be primarily using them with my asus transformer tf700 and ipod gen7 nano. With the occasional use with my laptop and ps3 when i get back to the states.

I was wondering which one would work best. I understand he e11 is better for the ipod but was unsure about use with my tablet. Which is where t they will mostly be used. Also, portability is key with these two.

Just a little head fi background of myself. These are my first set of o/ear headphones. And don't know alot. But enough to realize i would like the mids to be better and a little more clarity. The beyrs are my second in headphone choices. I tried on the akg550s and they sounded great but they lacked too much bass and were way to big. Had they fit better i would have gotten them. They really did sound amazing, But I am happy with the beyrs so no regrets, i would just like to improve them the best I can.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Justin

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #3 of 3
I would say to just get the Fiio E17, the E17's digital inputs (USB, optical, coaxial) & built in DAC, should help with over all sound quality with those devices with digital (USB, optical, coaxial) outputs.
And the iPod can just use a Fiio L cable for use with the E17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back