Fiio E11 For RE-262?
Dec 15, 2011 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JiB2011

New Head-Fier
After reading |joker|'s thread on IEMs specifically the RE262, when I got them I foud them to be, well I don't quite know how to put it but its not what i expected.  As I was looking around earlier I saw a few people mention impedence and higher impedence headphones need amplification to produce great sound. So I was wondering if getting a Fiio E11 would remedy this probelm.  I am using a creative xen touch 2 which does not have an equalizer so the other avenue is to scrap the xen and get (i hate to say this) an iPod.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 16, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 7
There is no true line out for the creative xen touch 2 that I know of so in my opinion it would make little difference to even sounding worse.

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 7
There is no true line out for the creative xen touch 2 that I know of so in my opinion it would make little difference to even sounding worse.

Not necessary true. Plenty of user amp their sansa Clip with good result. The key is to be sure the HO of the DAP is clean / undistorted at high volume. This way you can avoid any ill effect from double amping as you set the volume on the DAP high and use the amp to control the volume.

Dec 16, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #4 of 7
Its still not a clean signal.

Sent from my Htc Thunderbolt using Tapatalk pro.

Dec 16, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #5 of 7
Perhaps, but some time one must make do with what (s)he has.

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
I think I'm going to grab an E11 and I will save up for an HM-601.  Could this amp power a set of HD-650s?

I use my E11-Fuze/Clip+/iPod Video combo with both my HD580s (poor man's HD600, virtually identical) as well as with my RE262s. It sounds excellent with both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back