FiiO E10 Picky about USB Port on MacBook Pro?
Dec 25, 2011 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

benv

New Head-Fier
Santa brought me a FiiO E10 today, and I'm very pleased so far. However, I've noticed that my early 2008 MacBook Pro doesn't recognize the E10 on one of the USB ports. This is strange because the USB port on which the E10 doesn't work now did work earlier. I've heard some people talk about the E10 have a problem with some USB hubs; however, does the E10 have an issue with certain USB ports?
benv

Dec 25, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 3
I think it is your PC that has the problem. As for USB hub, it happens when it is underpowered (as most USB hub do).

Dec 25, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 3
I cannot remember the key sequence. but you should try both an SMC Reset and P-RAM Reset.  I had a problem with one of the ports on my MBA not being able to adequately power my UCube speakers.  In my case, unfortunately, the aforementioned power management resets did not solve the problem so mine is going back to Apple to (presumably) fix a voltage output problem on that USB port.  The other works fine, as do both on my 2008 MBP.   The bad port works fine for data purposes.  It happens sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back