FiiO E10 Olympus vs Audioengine D1
Jul 2, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #16 of 19
Bump!
Gonna get my first dac\amp for headphones (at this moment cheap Takstar Pro80, but i gonna get few more expensive)
Choosing between Fiio E10K and Audioengine D1, and maybe there's more choises in 100-150$ category?

Jan 17, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #18 of 19
  I'd have to recommend the O2+ODAC combo for a little under $300.  I got Tyler at Mayflower to customize mine to how it wanted it for $281USD shipped to Canada.  It'd prolly be a little less for you since you live in the US.  Definitely worth the price though.  They sounded great with my Beyer DT770 Pro 250 cans, but I use it at work with some Audio-Technica ATH-M30 cans, and they actually brought some life to them.  I'm hoping the DM+ will sound better.

WG

hey, since i see you've owned both the Audioengine D1 and o2+odac, which one wold you say is better? I'm trying to find out everywhere about the two of them but i just cant figure out, everyones saying good things. I was planning to buy either one of them for my AKG k7xx's that I'm going to buy later today. I also live in Canada and especially now the dollar really went down, what its it? like 0.65 = 1 american. Thanks for you input

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #19 of 19
  hey, since i see you've owned both the Audioengine D1 and o2+odac, which one wold you say is better? I'm trying to find out everywhere about the two of them but i just cant figure out, everyones saying good things. I was planning to buy either one of them for my AKG k7xx's that I'm going to buy later today. I also live in Canada and especially now the dollar really went down, what its it? like 0.65 = 1 american. Thanks for you input

I actually never used the D1.  I sold it to a buddy before opening it.  The O2+ODAC is really good, but IMO it's more a hack job unit.  You can either get all the parts and build it yourself, or buy a finished unit from one of many online audio stores.  It's a good unit and very portable, but if you only need something for home use, then consider the Schiit Magni/Modi stack.  It's around the same price, and definitely more polished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back