Fiio E1 ?
Jan 3, 2014 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

alex110394

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have an iPod Classic (the last generation), and the Sony XBA-4.

The iPod's sound is correct, but that's all. So, I was wondering if it could be enhanced...

Besides, the iPod classic has an output impedance around 5 Ohms. My earphones, the Sony XBA-4 have an impedance around 8 Ohms.

As you may have noticed, the combination iPod Classic + XBA-4 is... flawed. The output impedance of an earphone should be 8 times beyond the output impedance of the source ( Am I right ? ). So, the output impedance of my source should be around 1 Ohms.

So, I thought of the Fiio E1. It's really small, and is supposed to enhance the sound. 

Has anybody tried it ? Does it really enhance the sound ?

And what is the output impedance of the Fiio E1 ?

Thanks for advance :)

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 7
E1 is fine, but it is also limited in power. E6 might be a better choice, both in SQ and power. You might need to get a LOD though. If you don't mind double amping, there is also the E02i.

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 7
Thank you for your Answer

I would really like a very small thing, not somerthing too heavy, as the iPod Classic is already quite heavy.

And what about the output impedance of the E1 ? And the E6 ? Would it be better for my xba-4 ?

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 7
Output impedance on almost all the FiiO amps are very low (less than 1ohm), except for E9 / E09K (10ohm)

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #6 of 7
Ok thanks !

So this would be a very good thing for my xba-4...

Well, thank you for you answers, I think I'll go with the E6 :)

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #7 of 7
I have the E1 and I like it for the clean sound (no hiss) and the little extra added bass elements. And it works if you need a little extra cord for your rig. It powers Triple Fi 10's well enough to use on a daily basis.

I have no idea if it's "correct" but it functions well - except for the buttons - they get bumped once and you are on to the next song.

The product itself is decent in quality - had mine for a year with no complaints. Just beware when buying online because there are fakes aplenty.
image.tiff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back