Fiio E1 Review Thread
Dec 13, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #17 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo-cortex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying them out right now! I bought one from dealextreme, and they sent me a pack of 10 haha!

I'd be glad to take one off of your hands! Lemme know how much you want.

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #18 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo-cortex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying them out right now! I bought one from dealextreme, and they sent me a pack of 10 haha!

What?

May 10, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #21 of 56
Just my two cents regarding the Fiio E1.

Carrying this thing in the back pocket of your jeans will make the cable look like crap.
Also, the 1 meter long cable is just too god damn long. I so wish Fiio gets inspired by my mod and puts out a shorter version into the market.

Get a soldering iron, cut off most of the crappy long cable, resolder it back. Now you can carry it inside your pocket, avoiding a mess of tangled wires. It's better to rewire the plug itself, instead of the controls. You would not be able to open the controls and get to the wires without damaging it.

May 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #26 of 56
Me too...

Step by step guide?

Only really wondering one thing... if you cut the wire short at the LOD end, taking some out, and soldering wire to wire would create a weak point? Or did you cut off at the LOD itself, and resolder to the pins, cause I struggle with soldering them :frowning2:

Plus I can't even seem to pry the LOD casing open anywhere?!

I need mine that short, just out of the top of my pocket like yours would be perfect, just below my shirt line... Perfect remote length for me.

Please please please? :)

Matt

May 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #27 of 56
Oh sorry guys, I wasn't following the thread.
Opening the plug was actually easy, just get a tiny and flat screwdriver.
Here is the pic:

I guess you get the idea, you have to stick the screwdriver between the big white enclosing and the top part which holds the plug together. The plastic is not that flexible, but with careful pressure you'll be able to get the screwdriver in-between. Look at the plug, you'll see that the top part was put onto the white enclosing, you'll see the edge where you'll have to push your screwdriver in. Be careful, the top part is glued to the pcb, but you'll be able to get it off easily. You will have to bend the top part a bit, just to get it out, don't overdo it.
Soldering the thing will be a pain in the... prepare a magnifying glass.

May 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #28 of 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

if you cut the wire short at the LOD end, taking some out, and soldering wire to wire would create a weak point?  

Or did you cut off at the LOD itself, and resolder to the pins, cause I struggle with soldering them :frowning2:

As shown in my previous post (NOTE: The "previous post" wasn't approved yet, just wait for it, a photo will be included), I resoldered the pins. I am no expert in soldering, i just prepared carefully and checked every step with a magnifying glass. I also used a small block of wood, which i taped the pcb onto, just to stabilize it (in case you've got shaky hands, like mine).

Also i don't think i created a weak point, I kept the cable strain relief, it was glued to the cable, but i was able to pull it off the cable and put it later on.

May 17, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #30 of 56
How did you get the LOD section open? 

Quote:

As shown in my previous post (NOTE: The "previous post" wasn't approved yet, just wait for it, a photo will be included), I resoldered the pins. I am no expert in soldering, i just prepared carefully and checked every step with a magnifying glass. I also used a small block of wood, which i taped the pcb onto, just to stabilize it (in case you've got shaky hands, like mine).

Also i don't think i created a weak point, I kept the cable strain relief, it was glued to the cable, but i was able to pull it off the cable and put it later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back