FiiO E1 + E7 (speculation-no-more) *now guest-starring: E9
Sep 2, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #106 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was not the main purpose of my argument, but its ok to just read snippets of what people write. I am done, this is when a discussion becomes non objective.

"Nothing wrong with waiting for an unreleased product with anticipation" because there are those who like that kind of products and think it might be useful to them, even if you are not.

That's the subject of discussion, I presume?
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #107 of 622
The E7 is sexy...like...awesomely good looking...if that is what it's going to look like...i wonder how many they are going to sell...

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #108 of 622
OK, how many categories of people are there (I am sure you can add more to this list):
- Those that have the resources and are willing to spend whatever it takes to get the best sound.
- Those that want to spend a limited amount on the best sound for a limited amount of money (and may not think there is a good return for additional money spent).
- Those that want the best sound within their budget.
- Those that like trying out new things.

If the E7 fills a need for some of those groups, it should be a good seller. If it is as good as the Icon Mobile or T4, it will possibly sell as such. But if it is a step up from those two (which I am sure most are hoping for), it will not only represent a great value, but it will also push other manufacturers to compete.

Besides, how many people have an E5? I know many people that have an E5, and even if it is at a higher price point, an E7 with equivalent value could be a mass market product. Plus, aesthetics sell!

I am not sure I will get one now that I have the AMP3, which IMO is an exceptional value, but I just might get one if it is a step up from the T4 and IM.

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #109 of 622
I am excited, simply because my e5 is the most convenient little amp ever, and though it may not sound the best, it is really nice for the $15 I spent on it. This makes me wonder what a company like FiiO can do with an item that is significantly more expensive, and something that most people don't even know about. How many people know what a dac is? In my humble opinion, all arguments against the product are moot until it comes out is properly used, tested, and reviewed.

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #110 of 622
i cant wait to get my hands on the E1 and possibly the E7 but i kinda wanna try out the icon mobile cause that ones looks solid. i wanna see some stat match ups for the E7 and icon mobile. that would be cool

Sep 2, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #111 of 622
E7 may fill a niche for me. Firstly, I owned the E3 and I'm gonna pick up an E5 soon - IMO the E3/5 serves two purposes, a boost in sheer power for higher impedance 'phones (I felt my old KSC75s appreciated the boost) or a subtle bass boost when you don't wanna use an EQ.

The E3/5 never, IMO, actually improved the sound per se. My Cmoy I feel does genuinely improve the sound, opens the soundstage, improves detail and tightens up some areas of the sound. The Fiios don't do this (although a bass boost can improve the sound in a sense) - but they serve a legitimate purpose. I don't think of them as sound quality improvers (like my Cmoy, or other higher-end budget amps) but a pragmatic and affordable way to solve certain issues (low powered Mp3-Player outputs, lack of bass)

The E7 looks like it could also fill a niche for me, since I've been looking for an affordable DAC for pair with my laptop. My Samsung P3 MP3 player is my main source for music, as my laptops onboard sound sucks, so the E7 may provide a good, affordable way to improve my laptops sound on the fairly rare occasions I use it for music, or watch movies and DVDs too. My point is I don't wanna spend a lot on a USB DAC (either with or without an inbuilt amp) for my laptop since its only a secondary source for music, and I don't watch that many movies etc on it. E7 could fit quite nicely in that niche.

Well, just my $0.02

Sep 3, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #112 of 622
How does your Computer sound compared to your DAP? if it sounds simular, then you may not want to buy one. I haven't heard the E7 of course, but I have heard the NuForce Icon and it really sounds about as good as my Zune 120 with IEM's

Sep 3, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #113 of 622
Some people listen to music from their laptops which in 90% of the case sound bad so in this case a dac even a cheap one is better than nothing.
Its not everybody that has a 400$ dac + 800$ amp.
I'm saving to get a desktop amp and a pair of top of mid fi cans.
But for when i'm in the train/ library/ ... a nuforce or E7 would be well appreciated to go with my hd25.
So why should I buy a 200$+ dac / amp when i dont intend to use it as my main source?

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #115 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wanna see how the E7 compares to the nuforce icon mobile.

x2.

Sep 13, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #117 of 622
The F7 fit's my need and I'm anxiously waiting for it's release and reviews. The only thing giving me doubts is the "below $100" price. I'm hoping it's a lot "below" maybe $50. I'm exited regardless.

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #118 of 622
found on google:

E1: Price target around US$30

Output power: 120mW

THD+Noise: 0.0080%

S/N ratio: 100dB

Frequency response: 20-40kHz

Playtime: Depend on the ipod/iphone

Power: Powered by iPod/iPhone

----------------------------------

E7: Price target around US$80

Output power: 150mW