FiiO E09K Question
Dec 4, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #16 of 35
ok i had an idea!!!
I just want a cheap solution til like march next year and i will spend up to $500 (taxes!!) on an amp.
So i need the best amp for around $100 now
And a great $500 amp for later
Thanks for putting up with my newb-ness btw

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #18 of 35
I will still prefer warmer amp for your AKG... They do benefit from it otherwise, you should go full neutral sound! Try not to pick amp with spike at upper frequency :)

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #20 of 35
What would you recommend? 

I personally prefer warmer sound than the AKG X7xx series is originally, and since they don't get affected by damping factor, I will stick with FiiO E09K. If you like how the Q701 sound now, you can go for something neutral like O2?

Billson :)

Dec 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #23 of 35
Wow my Q701's came in today and even though i dont have my amp yet (i ordered the e09k for now) im using my sound cards gain amping and they are killing mt ath-m50's.
Im in love

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #25 of 35
I made a discovery just now..
It seems that my iphone 5 sounds just as good unamped as my pc and e09k steup..
I might just be tired and im going to look more into this tomorrow... Maybe i just got a super easy pair of q701's to drive?
That would be awesome
Updates tomorrow :)

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #27 of 35
Instead of opening a new thread, I decided to ask my question here. I hope that is okay.

I'm buying a used FiiO E09k, and since I'm going to use it with FiiO E7, I noticed that the older versions of the amplifier don't go well with the mentioned DAC.

I asked the seller about the packaging and to identify whether it's the new or old version. The seller responded that his package had the security code on it (I referenced them to the FiiO website that explains how to see whether the amplifier is the new version or old), but that there is no blue sticker on it.

So does this mean that the Amp is the newer version and can be used with E7, or should I not get it?

Jan 15, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #28 of 35
I bought E17 few months ago. The package (carton box) came along with security code. It was covered in black and I had to scratch it to see the security code.
You can also contact Fiio support in this regard. They respond quickly.

Jan 15, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #29 of 35
Instead of opening a new thread, I decided to ask my question here. I hope that is okay.

I'm buying a used FiiO E09k, and since I'm going to use it with FiiO E7, I noticed that the older versions of the amplifier don't go well with the mentioned DAC.

I asked the seller about the packaging and to identify whether it's the new or old version. The seller responded that his package had the security code on it (I referenced them to the FiiO website that explains how to see whether the amplifier is the new version or old), but that there is no blue sticker on it.

So does this mean that the Amp is the newer version and can be used with E7, or should I not get it?

Hello,

FiiO E7 will only dock with E9. E09K with the "K" means the new version. The new E09K back panel look like this:

Hope it helps,
Billson :)

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #30 of 35
Thank you for your reply.

If that is the case, then why does fiio.net claims that, I quote:

"E09K in old version (sent out from our factory before Aug, 2012) cannot support E7 well, since there would be some noises when using together.
While the new version of E09K (sent out from our factory from Sep, 2012) which has been improved can work perfectly with the E7."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back