FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Dec 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #1,456 of 1,676

That's one of the reasons I almost bought the E10K.  It only uses power drawn from the USB port.  

I wonder if they can implement something in the E07K's firmware so that allows the user to manuall stop it from drawing power from the battery.  (when plugged into a PC or Macbook USB port)

Why would you want that? The battery always provides much cleaner power than the noisy power from a main board.

Cheers,
K

Dec 9, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #1,458 of 1,676
Good point!   

Wait... are you saying that the E10K has this problem? (since it draws power directly from the PC's USB oprt)

Not really. Just most PC's USB port has that issue. Some don't. I find that my upgraded Dell Inspiron i3647 has much cleaner power. Mac's USB port are pretty clean too. :)

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #1,459 of 1,676
I have the E07K.  Happy with the sound.  Not so happy with the battery life when using it with my HTC Desire 816 android phone.
Has anyone figured out a way to run the E07K with a phone so that it charges like it can when connected to a PC via USB? (setting the "USB Charge" menu to "On")

I'm thinking that maybe I can use a USB y-type cable or adapter to both feed the E07K power from an external battery or AC charger while it's connected to the phone.  If this is either not due-able or not cost effective then I guess I can dump the E07K and pickup up an E18 for that extra hour of battery run time.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #1,460 of 1,676
I just found this on USB Audio Recorder Pro's website.  I guess this will power the whole circuit and thus both charge the phone and the EO7K?

if you need to give your audio device extra power, you can either use a powered USB hub or this OTG-Y cable:
This cable is similar to a standard USB OTG cable with a full sized female USB connector on the end that connects to the audio interface, but it branches off into 2 connectors on the other end. One is a standard male micro USB connector for connecting to the android device and the other is a female micro USB connector. The female micro USB connector allows the ability to plug in a standard male micro USB wall charger to inject power into the circuit. http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #1,461 of 1,676
Not really. Just most PC's USB port has that issue. Some don't. I find that my upgraded Dell Inspiron i3647 has much cleaner power. Mac's USB port are pretty clean too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Since I will only be using it on the Macbook Air, should I keep the E07K or try the E10K?

Just wondering which one has the better sound. Or is it too close to call?

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #1,463 of 1,676
I got an E07k and it is only outputting audio to the left channel. I only hear static on the right. Even if I unplug the audio source there is still a significant amount of static in the right channel. I have tried V-Moda M-80s and Sennheiser HD380 pros in both headphone outputs and nothing has an effect.

Is this a problem I can fix or should I exchange it?

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #1,464 of 1,676
I got an E07k and it is only outputting audio to the left channel. I only hear static on the right. Even if I unplug the audio source there is still a significant amount of static in the right channel. I have tried V-Moda M-80s and Sennheiser HD380 pros in both headphone outputs and nothing has an effect.

Is this a problem I can fix or should I exchange it?

Theres an aux 3.5mm jack which is technically a line in.

For headphone, the jacks are at the top of the device.

Otherwise, best to contact FiiO regarding it :)

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #1,466 of 1,676
All of sudden I'm getting skipping in the audio when connected to my Asus laptop with Win 8. Not sure if its the Audio driver, Not always there but it does happen frequently. Doesn't matter if laptop is charging or not. Laptop only a year old. 

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #1,467 of 1,676
  I was using the proper jacks!

I guess this means there is definitely something wrong with it so I will just return it to the place I got it.

hmm sorry to hear that you have such issue... Never have it when I had the E07K. 
  All of sudden I'm getting skipping in the audio when connected to my Asus laptop with Win 8. Not sure if its the Audio driver, Not always there but it does happen frequently. Doesn't matter if laptop is charging or not. Laptop only a year old. 

Try plugging into different USB port. Or, forget this device on your lappy and then plug in again ur E07K. That fixed mine last time. 

Jan 22, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #1,468 of 1,676
The Fiio E07K is on special for $80AU with free shipping in the Australian Ebay store. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fiio-E07K-Andes-USB-DAC-and-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Black-/111575505467?pt=AU_Electronics_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item19fa6b1a3b

I couldn't walk past the bargain :wink: Thought I would share in case anyone else is interested.

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #1,469 of 1,676
Head Fi-ers, I need your advice!

A good friend of mine is selling his Fiio E07K, since we meet almost daily I know for a fact that his Fiio is almost never used. He bought it under the false assumption that it would improve his earphone's SQ and shelved the amp after he did not notice any difference. Now he badly needs money and wants to sell me his E07K.

My home setup is a Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm connected to my mobo (has Realtek ALC662).
On the road I connect the DT 770 to HTC One M7.

Would I notice any difference if I were to use this amp ? I realize my onboard soundcard is considered crap by most reviewers.
What would be a fair price for a year old E07K ?
I am somewhat concerned with the fact that the amp hasnt been used for at least 6 months, just sitting in the shelf. I had to recharge it for half an hour before being able to turn it on. Does it use an internal lithium battery ? 'cos I'm pretty sure that it would have much a reduced capacity by now

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #1,470 of 1,676
You are correct in stating that battery sitting around half charged is going to deaden, but probably not THAT much in 6 months. With Lithium ION batteries (which the E07K has) it's best to store them totally flat. It's in better state then a continual recharge cycle, or being permanently fully charged (a great way to kill iPhone/iPad batteries).

That said it's still barely used. I'd offer him $50 and see what response he gives you. Since he is a friend, surely he would let you try it first and see if it fits your needs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back