FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
May 3, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #1,321 of 1,676
Never. I let my friends try it they don't seem to have the problem either
smily_headphones1.gif

Alright, thanks for the help!! I might consider getting it for my Andes someday!

May 4, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #1,323 of 1,676
So, I've noticed that the E07K (Which I use with my DT990 and a Macbook Air or my custom built PC) has 3 gain levels. 0db, 6db, 12 db. How does gain work and how do I know where to set it? I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere else before in this thread but I've searched around the forums and the internet already and haven't found definitive information. I notice that if I set it to 0db gain, my macbook on 100% volume + the amp at 100% (60 volume) sounds rather comfortable (and I tend to listen to my music on the quieter side). Whereas on 6 db gain (the way it came at stock) I settle around 35-45 on the amp volume. I have the 250 Ohm DT990s. Does raising gain create distortion on lower impedances?

May 5, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #1,324 of 1,676
i would set on 0 and buy me E12
Gain Boost has negative effect for sure

it doesnt really put more energy in signal
it puts amplitude higher...pulls signal high and that cannot be without problems
of course we talk about minimum difference in that case

loud and loud are not the same thing actually
you think your HP ist loud with E07K but with E12 it will be lot better loud on the same loudness :)

i also tried that combo and E12 gives just another dimension opened

May 5, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,326 of 1,676
So no one here knows anything about Fiio warranty support? You would think people would care when a unit stops functioning properly (in a way that seems like it would damage headphones) and the company that claims to offer a 1 year warranty does nothing to respond...

May 5, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #1,327 of 1,676
I currently own the FiiO E7 (the old model, not the E07K) and have purchased the L7 line-out adapter.  To my dismay, when I plug in the L7 adapter to use with my powered speakers I am unable to use the headphone jacks of the E7.  The E7 with the L7 attached appears to function solely as a DAC with the headphone outs disabled.  Keep in mind that the E7 does NOT have a LO-bypass switch on it.  I have a couple questions regarding my issue:

1. Is it possible to use the L7 as my line-out to my powered speakers AND my headphone jack for my headphones at the same time without a LO-bypass switch?

2. I am aware that connecting my powered speakers to my E7 headphone jack is undesirable as it leads to double amping.  However, my ear cannot detect any differences in sound quality when compared to using the L7 line-out.  Will my powered speakers be damaged when double amping in this way?

Thanks! 

May 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #1,328 of 1,676
  I currently own the FiiO E7 (the old model, not the E07K) and have purchased the L7 line-out adapter.  To my dismay, when I plug in the L7 adapter to use with my powered speakers I am unable to use the headphone jacks of the E7.  The E7 with the L7 attached appears to function solely as a DAC with the headphone outs disabled.  Keep in the mind that the E7 does NOT have a LO-bypass switch on it.  I have a couple questions regarding my issue:

1. Is it possible to use the L7 as my line-out to my powered speakers AND my headphone jack for my headphones at the same time without a LO-bypass switch?

2. I am aware that connecting my powered speakers to my E7 headphone jack is undesirable as it leads to double amping.  However, my ear cannot detect any differences in sound quality when compared to using the L7 line-out.  Will my powered speakers be damaged when double amping in this way?

Thanks! 

Hi!

hope I can help here:

1) no

2) no, your speaker won't be damaged, put the output to a normal level and you should be fine. If it's good to your ears that's all that counts. 

Cheers and enjoy your music,
K

May 5, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #1,329 of 1,676

Hi!

hope I can help here:

1) no

2) no, your speaker won't be damaged, put the output to a normal level and you should be fine. If it's good to your ears that's all that counts. 

Cheers and enjoy your music,
K

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll just use the headphone jack on the E7 then for my powered speakers.  Saves me a big headache from all that wire switching from headphone to speakers and vice-versa.

May 7, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #1,330 of 1,676
I'm new here, please be gentle. :)

I am thinking of buying FiiO E07K as my first DAC/AMP.  My question is, are HTC M8 and Xperia Z2 able to output digital sound via USB and feed that input to FiiO E07K's DAC. I want to use FiiO E07K's DAC instead of phone's inbuilt one. Is it possible? Will I be able to use poweramp to play music and use it's eq?

Thanks in advance. :)

PS: Sorry for my poor english, it's not my 1st language.

May 7, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #1,332 of 1,676
  These two phones are pretty new and I doubt anyone have tried it, but if anything, you may have better luck with E18 

Hope it helps
Billson 

Thanks Billson. :)

I think both the phones have almost same internals as their predecesors i.e. HTC One and Xperia Z1. Does USB audio work with these 2? If yes, then it should be working with M8 and Z2 as well.

EDIT: e18 is well above my budget. :frowning2:

May 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #1,333 of 1,676
  I'm new here, please be gentle. :)

I am thinking of buying FiiO E07K as my first DAC/AMP.  My question is, are HTC M8 and Xperia Z2 able to output digital sound via USB and feed that input to FiiO E07K's DAC. I want to use FiiO E07K's DAC instead of phone's inbuilt one. Is it possible? Will I be able to use poweramp to play music and use it's eq?

Thanks in advance. :)

PS: Sorry for my poor english, it's not my 1st language.

I don't know about those phones, but for what it is worth my galaxy S3 works 100% with the E07K, so it is at least compatible with some android phones. I can use it to output sound in any program that outputs sound (it seems to view it as a speaker dock).

May 8, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #1,334 of 1,676
  I don't know about those phones, but for what it is worth my galaxy S3 works 100% with the E07K, so it is at least compatible with some android phones. I can use it to output sound in any program that outputs sound (it seems to view it as a speaker dock).

+1 :)

May 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #1,335 of 1,676
Ordered my E07 today with L9, pairing with SE215LTD, any suggestions on power setting for this IEMs?

Mostly listening to EDM Trances, occasionally piano classicals!

Thanks in advance for the tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back