FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Nov 22, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #1,621 of 1,676
Nov 28, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #1,623 of 1,676
Yeah, kind of. I was wondering if you could bypass the USB 2.0 Male/Female step of the cable. 
I have been using my e07k for last 6 months with my xiaomi mi3 as external Dac using a otg cable and the mini usb cable which came with fiio..but the overall setup is so cumbersome that i can't go out with all these dangling wires.need a short micro to mini usb cable which i can't find in my country. :frowning2:

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #1,624 of 1,676
I have been using my e07k for last 6 months with my xiaomi mi3 as external Dac using a otg cable and the mini usb cable which came with fiio..but the overall setup is so cumbersome that i can't go out with all these dangling wires.need a short micro to mini usb cable which i can't find in my country.
frown.gif

Sell them all and buy an X3ii used?

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #1,626 of 1,676
Hi folks. This is probably addressed somewhere in this thread, but I will ask anyway.
My E07k will power on, or at least the blue led lights up. The display does not turn on.
I am guessing this a battery issue as this thing went unused  for a fairly long time.
Can the battery be replaced? Or could it be something else? It actually worked fine
the other day, tho I had this issue with the display when I tried to use it before that.
After I turned it off, the display did not work again. Any help would be appreciated.
BTW it is  long out of warranty, and if there is no fix that I can do myself it would
likely be cheaper to replace it I presume? Thanks!

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #1,628 of 1,676
Hi.

I'm having a LOW VOLUME problem.

Was got a FiiO E07K from buddy who was changing to a different DAC.
Have read lots of great things about this device, so was really excited to try it out.

Some background:

Source:  
I have tried it with PC computers at home and at work, but get very low volume from each.

Headphone:  
B&W P5 (1st gen, ~27ohm, I think), Grado SR80 (32ohm) and a pair of quite decent but cheap earbuds.

Settings:  
I have set output on "Playback Devices" on computer to "SPDIF Interface, 3- FiiO USB DAC-E07K"
Have tried computer volume at varied levels, right up to maximum volume output, which yields audible but quiet output from E07K.
E07K is set to max volume (60) and gain at +12dB
Have also tried E07K with USB CHG in both "on" and "off" positions, but no effect

Buddy was using this same unit with his Mac computer, and both Shure in-ears and pair of ATH50.
Says it sounded great.

I am definitely not trying to blow my ears out.
The volume levels when using this are on the edge of barely audible, even when all pieces in the chain are connected at Max volumes.

I'm at a loss.
Can someone help?

Thanks,
Greg

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,629 of 1,676
Something is def wrong. I always have the main volume at 100 and DAC volume never above 40, gain either 0 or 6db.

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #1,630 of 1,676
The E07K is now on sale for only 56$! If interested grab it now! 
http://www.amazon.com/Fiio-E07K-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A9LHLQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450689184&sr=8-1&keywords=fiio+e07k

No I am in no way affiliated with Fiio, just stumbled upon the deal and thought I should share with the community.

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #1,631 of 1,676
I just picked up an e07k for 56.00 Amazon deal. So far so good with Surface 3 Atom. My previous setup was surface 3 out to e11k. Doing a lot of a/b testing and both sound great. E07k warmer, e11k brighter and a bit more soundstage although my ears may be too old and tired to appreciate improvements :)

Fiio Q1 is about 15.00 more the e07k. Different doc but less powerful amp

Any thoughts on how e07k stacks up against its replacement ?

Great thread all!

J

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #1,632 of 1,676
Something is def wrong. I always have the main volume at 100 and DAC volume never above 40, gain either 0 or 6db.

Thanks for the reply, Lurk.

Yes, I figured something must be wrong - I must strain to hear my music at anything below Max volume & gain, and at those settings, it's still quiet.

Does anyone know if there's any concerns with hitting the "RESET" button?
Thought I might try that out next...

Happy Festivus, everyone !

Greg

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #1,633 of 1,676
Any idea how this sounds dac wise in comparison to the HifiMeDiy sabre u2 or the older version.

I also read that the soundstage is wide, but is more 2D, what do you think?

Dec 30, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #1,634 of 1,676
I have a V-Moda XS headphone set right now. I have two options for DACs with this. I'm setting up my friend with his first good headphone system on the cheap. He also just built a tower computer. So, I have the XS headphones already. Would a FiiO E07K Andes DAC/Amp work better or a FiiO K1 Portable DAC + Headphone Amplifier? The first is $56 on Amazon, the second is $40. 
Edit: picked up the FiiO. More options and half price.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #1,635 of 1,676
I'm considering buying this DAC/Amp but am a little concerned about the reviews that mention it is bass-heavy.  I would be pairing it with an Oppo-PM3 headset, which I think has nailed the bass - not too much, not too little.  So, do you think adding this to my setup will disturb the balance with the bass being too overpowered?  Also,  does it work with Apple kit - iPhone 6 plus and macbook pro?  Thanks for your comments and help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back