Fiio E 6 newby
Apr 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

RJL24

New Head-Fier
Got an E 6. New. To use as a headphone amp while connected to my TV
configuration: TV is LG  37LH30, and has no headphone out jack but has a digital optical audio out connection which is now connected to a Sewell DAC converter (to analog), and the output from there goes to the E 6 amp, and that output to my wireless headphones. 

This setup was smaller and cheaper than purchasing a home theater component without speakers, for well over $200.00

So Plugged E6 in and it charged fully, a blue light came on.

Then I turned it on, and after a while it discharged, fully, I presume.

Charged again, the red light went off, fully charged, I presume.

Have read the battery has a fixed re-charge life.  And then the E 6 must be replaced.

Here's the questions: I have one of those USB A/C adapters.  Can I leave the E 6 connected to my permanent a/c charger while using E 6  as an amp for my headphones?

Any idea what effect this constant connection to the a/c charger may have on the battery or rather the use of the E 6? 

I do not intend to use E 6 as a portable amp. 

(For example, I leave my laptop connected to the A/C charger all the time and that has not damaged the battery.)

Thanks in advance.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 13
Since you have no intension to use E6 as portable, getting a great battery life or not really doesn't make any difference for you. In that case, just plug it into the USB adapter all the time is fine.

Apr 22, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #4 of 13
Will it have any negative effect on the battery to do this?  I am thinking about using one in a similar situation where I don't really intend to use it for portable use, but may still occasionally want to.

Is it better to charge/discharge or to leave plugged in?

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 13
Now that I assume you've been using the E6 for a while, how do you like it? Would you recommend it to me? Because I am looking for a headphone amp (Not necessarily portable) and it seems like a good option.

Aug 25, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #9 of 13
Now that I assume you've been using the E6 for a while, how do you like it? Would you recommend it to me? Because I am looking for a headphone amp (Not necessarily portable) and it seems like a good option.

I own the fiio e6 also.

I would recommend this as it really gives my music an increased volume...and it kinds sorta ups my headphone quality but its not really noticeable as
Most of my headphones are 33 ohms.

I also have a question of my own question of my own about the fiio.

I use the line out for the Sony walkman.

When I use the e6.. I have to turn it to the 2v setting otherwise the bass is distorted.

Is it over loading the amp or what because I am clueless :confused_face_2:

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #12 of 13
No when I don't use it the bass sounds very bloated and not nearly as punchy when I do use it.
When I use the mini 3.5 to 3.5 it sounds fine but its only the lod.
Both are authorized fiio things

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #13 of 13
I guess the distortion, by using the first and largest bass boost function on the e6, is simply due to the low resistance on your headphones or to the lack of high quality? (when I use low quality headphones with this amp, it usually distorts them pretty badly, especially with the 1st bass boost function, or do you have high quality headphones/what headphones do you usually use? If you have somewhat high quality headphones, then the answer would be simply it's low impedance). Usually, I just use the 2nd function if I want more bass, because I find the first function to be overwhelming at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back