[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Jul 12, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #1,831 of 2,096
You are of course correct, Tidal can be accessed from within UAPP. I have had UAPP for several years so I am familiar with it! :)

As I mentioned in my response to @vafler86 , I am not sure I understood the specific question. It sounded like they were trying to give the native Tidal app exclusive access after first granting exclusive control to the UAPP app. I was speculating that if this is the case they might want to try dismissing the prompt to grant UAPP exclusive access rather than granting it. Just an experiment.
Hey,
First of all, thank you for replying and you are right. I give permission to UAPP first, then i access the tidal app (not in UAPP) and give the access to it. Should i stop doing that? The reason i do that is because i have downloaded songs to my phone, and i use it offline mode. I have read that you cant download songs in tidal in UAPP. I will try to not give access to UAPP and see if that helps.

What are the recommended settings for BTR7 with tidal? like to optimize sound?

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #1,832 of 2,096
You are of course correct, Tidal can be accessed from within UAPP. I have had UAPP for several years so I am familiar with it! :)

As I mentioned in my response to @vafler86 , I am not sure I understood the specific question. It sounded like they were trying to give the native Tidal app exclusive access after first granting exclusive control to the UAPP app. I was speculating that if this is the case they might want to try dismissing the prompt to grant UAPP exclusive access rather than granting it. Just an experiment.
I was never able to make native app work properly via USB with UAPP installed, they just conflict with each other. The only solution for me was to uninstall UAPP, but then you a limited to 16/48 Android native driver resampling, which sounds pretty crappy.

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #1,833 of 2,096
Hey,
First of all, thank you for replying and you are right. I give permission to UAPP first, then i access the tidal app (not in UAPP) and give the access to it. Should i stop doing that? The reason i do that is because i have downloaded songs to my phone, and i use it offline mode. I have read that you cant download songs in tidal in UAPP. I will try to not give access to UAPP and see if that helps.

What are the recommended settings for BTR7 with tidal? like to optimize sound?
I suggest just to use BT with LDAC which is VERY GOOD on BTR7 and forget all that USB malarkey. And no, UAPP cannot play downloaded Tidal or Qobuz files.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #1,835 of 2,096
If i am understanding it correctly. Everyone just use Tidal in UAPP?
Or
They dont use BTR7 as a DAC, but as a bluetooth receiver?
Most of us uses as a DAC feeded by bluetooth signal.

Obviously you can use it as a USB DAC, but there's better options, like FiiO Q3.

UAPP is kind of worthless if you're using bluetooth, you can use the native app for streaming on Tidal instead.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #1,836 of 2,096
I tried using it as a DAC without giving UAPP permission for BTR7, but now the native Tidal app closes automatically. WIth the bluetooth it sound worse compared to connected. Btw what bluetooth format shoud i use? LDAC or the others?

Jul 12, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #1,837 of 2,096
I tried using it as a DAC without giving UAPP permission for BTR7, but now the native Tidal app closes automatically. WIth the bluetooth it sound worse compared to connected. Btw what bluetooth format shoud i use? LDAC or the others?
LDAC, make sure to max out BT volume on the phone and use BTR7 volume controls.
You can also switch LDAC from default Adaptive to Audio quality (909/990kbps) in Android Developer options, but the change is marginal.

Jul 12, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #1,838 of 2,096
Your experience is very different than mine… I just tested plugging my BTR7 into my Samsung S22 Ultra, dismissed without accepting UAPP exclusive access, started up Tidal native app, granted exclusive access when asked to Tidal, and successfully played an MQA track with no stuttering… not sure what to say. I will try other tracks and more extensive testing, but I am not having the kind of issue you are describing…

Jul 12, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #1,840 of 2,096
Sorry if this has been covered but does anyone have a recommendation for a 3rd party belt clip that can be glued to the btr7 case?

NiteIze HipClip

Jul 12, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #1,841 of 2,096
Jul 13, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #1,844 of 2,096
Jul 13, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #1,845 of 2,096
Your experience is very different than mine… I just tested plugging my BTR7 into my Samsung S22 Ultra, dismissed without accepting UAPP exclusive access, started up Tidal native app, granted exclusive access when asked to Tidal, and successfully played an MQA track with no stuttering… not sure what to say. I will try other tracks and more extensive testing, but I am not having the kind of issue you are describing…
I have stopped giving access to uapp, but give the access to tidal native app only. It doesnt stutter/lag anymore but the app closes automatically, while playing a track and music stops. It doesn't happen if i play over Bluetooth.

It only happens with btr7 in dac mode. If i have ka3, meizu, ugreen or tanchjim space then it works as it should.

Looks like i am the only one having this problem 😕

Users who are viewing this thread

Back