[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Mar 11, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #1,607 of 2,074
@Nick24JJ I don't feel offended I know your struggles with this. I have the older FiiO stuff like m11+ ltd, bta30 as digital ldac transport to my DAC, btr7 and an old q3 markII for my wife. UTWS3 failed 5 months after my initial purchase.
I asked a long time in the m11+ thread for a systemwide EQ, I got the answer that they will implement it eventually. Well technical they stayed true to their word and implemented the PEQ in their FiiO Music Player app, but that is not systemwide as most of the supporters wanted (eg. Apple Music, Qobuzz etc.). The request for a cross feed they simply ignored and I got a A&K HP-Amp for that and have set the idea to get a better DAP on hold until I find one that fits all bills and is way under 3.5k$.
That is the technical side of this theme. The communication side has a lot to do with language and culture.
I worked for a time in some Asian countries and have learned that this behaviour is common. If they are unable or unwilling to do something they either ignore ignore the request or take it to another person.
Calling somebody out for this behaviour is extremely rude in their world. So it isn't uncommon that they will not response to this behaviour either.
I for my self see these products as they are when I receive them. Some minor changes may occur but it will always stay the way it comes out. More or less.
All these brands don't have the capacity like Apple or Samsung to develop their products to perfection, years after the initial development.
I would wish to give you a magic phrase, or a way to solve your problem, or help you get heard but there is no way I know, to change this behavioural dilemma.

Mar 11, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #1,608 of 2,074
Using my mobo integrated Bluetooth works fine, the only problem just can use aptx, no aptx ll or adaptative. Just I'm guessing if this dongle could be a fake or defective.
I don't know which motherboard you have but on my Windows laptop the only Bluetooth codec offered by Windows 11 Home is AAC. I could set aptX with a Registry hack but I didn't bother. There is also an alternative driver. I have not tested/used this driver (yet).

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #1,609 of 2,074
Mar 11, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #1,610 of 2,074
@Nick24JJ I don't feel offended I know your struggles with this. I have the older FiiO stuff like m11+ ltd, bta30 as digital ldac transport to my DAC, btr7 and an old q3 markII for my wife. UTWS3 failed 5 months after my initial purchase.
I asked a long time in the m11+ thread for a systemwide EQ, I got the answer that they will implement it eventually. Well technical they stayed true to their word and implemented the PEQ in their FiiO Music Player app, but that is not systemwide as most of the supporters wanted (eg. Apple Music, Qobuzz etc.). The request for a cross feed they simply ignored and I got a A&K HP-Amp for that and have set the idea to get a better DAP on hold until I find one that fits all bills and is way under 3.5k$.
That is the technical side of this theme. The communication side has a lot to do with language and culture.
I worked for a time in some Asian countries and have learned that this behaviour is common. If they are unable or unwilling to do something they either ignore ignore the request or take it to another person.
Calling somebody out for this behaviour is extremely rude in their world. So it isn't uncommon that they will not response to this behaviour either.
I for my self see these products as they are when I receive them. Some minor changes may occur but it will always stay the way it comes out. More or less.
All these brands don't have the capacity like Apple or Samsung to develop their products to perfection, years after the initial development.
I would wish to give you a magic phrase, or a way to solve your problem, or help you get heard but there is no way I know, to change this behavioural dilemma.
Thanks for your reply :)

From what I read, you had your own fair share of the FiiO experience... Allow me to reply, in random order.

I love my BTR7, as an alternative to my Qudelix-5K. The low battery notification whisper or (gentle) tone was just a suggestion.
The real issue is with my UTWS5s after the latest firmware. They have destroyed LHDC, multipoint and EQ do not work.
IF their attitude is actually like you describe, it is horrible!... Understand that, before myself and others have "called them out", we asked nicely about IF something can be corrected/improved/implemented, and if not, why not. I fail to understand how an honest response can be part of any Culture. I'm not challenging you, I'm just too stupid to perceive it.
Re: FiiO's market share or size, I'm not aware of, but someone was saying that it is a big company. I mean, they can offer the BTR7 in white but they cannot offer an honest response?

Anyways. Sorry for the off-topic. Wish @ChrisOc would offer his opinion. The subject is: Technical Support and Customer Service.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #1,611 of 2,074
Mar 11, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #1,612 of 2,074
Excuse me, are you kidding me? Are you attending the FiiO threads, here? I do, because I own all the FiiO products you can see in my signature. IF you are visiting the respective FiiO threads, have you not observed one or more of the below?

- It takes weeks to address some of the customer's or user's queries, sometimes they ignore them.

- Whenever anyone is asking for a request / additional feature, the copy & paste response is: Dead friend (LMAO), we will speak to our engineer about it. But it never gets implemented! And rarely an explanation is given about why it is not implemented. If you are my "dear friend", dear FiiO rep, you'd at least explain. Incompetency can have an explanation, too!

- Have you visited the UTWS5 thread lately? Have you seen how many people are having issues with the EQ or with multipoint connection? After a firmware update that took months to come, and the majority of us had to install manually because it was not available through their own App?

Please, forgive my tone, it is not that I am attacking you, and I apologise for the off-topic. But I had to state a few facts. Like the abandonware FiiO BTA30 Pro, there's another fact.
This is not official FiiO support forum, but I observed much higher activities from their reps and requests from users finding their way into product here comparing to other brands, even considering the number of threads dedicated to different product of theirs.
So no, can't agree with your observation.

Mar 11, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #1,613 of 2,074
Mar 11, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #1,614 of 2,074
Thanks for your reply :)

From what I read, you had your own fair share of the FiiO experience... Allow me to reply, in random order.

I love my BTR7, as an alternative to my Qudelix-5K. The low battery notification whisper or (gentle) tone was just a suggestion.
The real issue is with my UTWS5s after the latest firmware. They have destroyed LHDC, multipoint and EQ do not work.
IF their attitude is actually like you describe, it is horrible!... Understand that, before myself and others have "called them out", we asked nicely about IF something can be corrected/improved/implemented, and if not, why not. I fail to understand how an honest response can be part of any Culture. I'm not challenging you, I'm just too stupid to perceive it.
Re: FiiO's market share or size, I'm not aware of, but someone was saying that it is a big company. I mean, they can offer the BTR7 in white but they cannot offer an honest response?

Anyways. Sorry for the off-topic. Wish @ChrisOc would offer his opinion. The subject is: Technical Support and Customer Service.
Hi Nick,

I understand your frustration with the lack of response. My view is, there may be various reasons, one of which may be budget constraints, Fiio may be big in the audio world but is a relatively small company in the Tech world. A small team of technical support staff will have to address numerous issues across their range and they cannot support a single device indefinitely.
They may come back to BTR7 support issues but I would guess they have other devices which require their urgent, or more urgent, attention. Our request for device notification of a depleting battery falls down the priority list, as it is not a defect, it is a feature.

As you can imagine, once announced, there would be lots of work going on in the background to get the BTR15 ready for market.

Set all that aside, and when you consider the cultural aspect of it, @Andrew_WOT is correct when he says, their lack of response may be to avoid confrontation in difficult circumstances (may be as simple as not wanting to say, "no" to a customer) and that in itself may be seen as unacceptable in one culture, but in another it avoids unnecessary confrontation.

It requires a bit of patience as they are aware you can vote with your feet (by not buying their products) so if they can, they will respond.

I understand your frustration and I trust you see what I mean, Nick.

Mar 11, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #1,615 of 2,074
No worries, thank you

PS: As for disagreeing with me, I fully respect your opinion, but...the member's posts are there and you can check, yourself, about the frequency of FiiO's responses, and especially for how helpful their support is. If I may give two examples of exceptional customer service and support of the product, Qudelix and iFi come to my mind.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #1,616 of 2,074
Hi Nick,

I understand your frustration with the lack of response. My view is, there may be various reasons, one of which may be budget constraints, Fiio may be big in the audio world but is a relatively small company in the Tech world. A small team of technical support staff will have to address numerous issues across their range and they cannot support a single device indefinitely.
They may come back to BTR7 support issues but I would guess they have other devices which require their urgent, or more urgent, attention. Our request for device notification of a depleting battery falls down the priority list, as it is not a defect, it is a feature.

As you can imagine, once announced, there would be lots of work going on in the background to get the BTR15 ready for market.

Set all that aside, and when you consider the cultural aspect of it, @Andrew_WOT is correct when he says, their lack of response may be to avoid confrontation in difficult circumstances (may be as simple as not wanting to say, "no" to a customer) and that in itself may be seen as unacceptable in one culture, but in another it avoids unnecessary confrontation.

It requires a bit of patience as they are aware you can vote with your feet (by not buying their products) so if they can, they will respond.

I understand your frustration and I trust you see what I mean, Nick.
Thank you very much, Chris! I always appreciate your point of view! :)
I understand. And of course, I have absolutely no issue with my BTR7. It is the UTWS5 that needs work...
Anyway, we will see.

Mar 14, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #1,617 of 2,074
How about beeps instead?

One beep at 20% battery left (which is the ideal place to stop using the device and recharge it (to 80%), if you want to maximize battery life).

Two beeps at 10%, three beeps at 5%.

The beep(s) can briefly interrupt the music playing so they aren’t drowned out.

Just a thought.
Another thing @FiiO could consider is adding a percentage indicator, showing on the screen how much battery level is left. Like 50% left or 20% left. Not in the tiny font size they are currently using but to press a button and immediately see the battery level.

Mar 15, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #1,618 of 2,074
While it would be a nice touch, I doubt it would be easy to implement. The UTWS family is build around voice messages and app control while the BTR7 is designed with display. In that case they have to implement the voice message in the os on top of the graphical user interface.
Dear friend,

Thanks for the understanding. We have also reported this requirement to the engineer before. But it may be not easy to realize and they are still assessing.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 15, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #1,619 of 2,074
Another thing @FiiO could consider is adding a percentage indicator, showing on the screen how much battery level is left. Like 50% left or 20% left. Not in the tiny font size they are currently using but to press a button and immediately see the battery level.
Dear friend,

You could check the battery percentage via the FiiO Control app now. As for your feedback, we will report to the project manager for assessing first. Thanks for the kind feedback.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 15, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #1,620 of 2,074
Dear friend,

You could check the battery percentage via the FiiO Control app now. As for your feedback, we will report to the project manager for assessing first. Thanks for the kind feedback.

Best regards
Even in app it reports in imprecise 20% increments, not really better than the gauge.
Also are there any measured benefits of actually using that undercharging to 80% feature. Have you done any testing you can share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back