[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Sep 4, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #646 of 2,088
Thank you for the help. Currently trying btr7. I have mixed feelings about how this device sound using monarch mk2. Do you guys like it?
I am using Monarch MKII.
EQ disabled, Low Gain, Balanced Out, Fast Filter, LDAC encoder forced to 990K in Android Developer Options. Ear to ear smile. :relaxed:
Make sure you max out source volume and control it on device.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #647 of 2,088
Thank you for the help. Currently trying btr7. I have mixed feelings about how this device sound using monarch mk2. Do you guys like it?
For me, the short answer is, yes!

I cannot comment on Monarch MKII, as I have not heard them yet. I have used various IEMs and they all sound fine with the BTR7, some very good.

Coming from various DAC/Amps and Bluetooth devices, including the BTR5, I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised at the improvements made in the BTR7.

The BTR7 is not a Digital Audio Player replacement but it does a good job against older DAPs. Fiio has managed to pack a lot of goodness into it, whilst keeping it a manageable size. Above all, Sound Quality is very good for this type of device.

Sep 4, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #648 of 2,088
I just bought Fiio. I use android phone and until today i still cant connect the Fiio Control app to BTR7. I have tried reinstalling the app and restarting phone and device. Wth is wrong here?
Dear friend,

Sorry to hear about that. Does the issue remain? If yes, please try to clear the pairing for the BTR7 by holding the volume +&- button then reconnect again for check?
How to control the BTR7 in FiiO Control app:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 5, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #649 of 2,088
@FiiO I am also having issues with the Fiio Control App using Android (3.1 apk). It works fine on my iOS device, but on my Galaxy A7 Tab, It just sits at the"Privacy Protection Guideline" window. I have no location permission restrictions enabled on the device. Tried removing/reinstalling - but get the same problem. Has anyone else reported this?

Also, with respect to the "idle poweroff" setting in the status section. If this is enabled, is the expectation that the BTR7 should switch itself off after 'not' playing any music for the given time setting i.e. 3min?

If the music has been paused/stopped on my Android device, but a Bluetooth connection is still established the BTR7 will remain on. Only if I switch the Bluetooth connection - "off" from the Transmitting device, will the BTR7 'poweroff' after the set time. . Is this how it`s supposed to work?

For now, I just go into the app on iOS device then -> Settings -> "Turn off device" to ensure the BTR7 is off correctly.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #653 of 2,088
I bought this thing. the MQA is lit when connected to mobile phone but not when connected to win PC. Any other with this issue?
I dont have the BTR7, but I believe there are settings in the Tidal app you have to make sure are set. Set to hifi as well as exclusive mode, I believe. Are these set?

Sep 5, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #654 of 2,088
Ok, so I got to try the BRT7 with LDAC and connected via USB. I'm amazed how good BT sounds via LDAC 24/96k. This is what sells this device. Once I figured out how to max the BT volume it drove my lcd-i4s to very loud volume in the low 20s. For some songs I cranked into the 40s and didn't really hear any distortion. No way I could keep that volume going for long though. Connected via USB it is better, but just barely. It is more than a match for the QUAD DACs in my LG G8X. With a Phone like this LG I would think getting a device like the BTR7 is redundant. Yet the G8X is an excellent BT host for it. When connected via USB I did notice I lost Wavelet. I no longer had access to its AutoEQ. I had to use the system EQ. But I got that to sound pretty excellent in just a few secs. I like to run UAPP bit perfect, or I could have just used its PEQ. I would say this is a perfect match to drive my LCD-i4s. BT is awesome with this device. As a dongle it is also excellent, but I would probably use it mostly with a phone or watch when out via BT. I will try it next with my laptop to see how it does there. :dt880smile:

For the above test I was using UAC2 setting.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #657 of 2,088
Hello, can anyone describe how much bigger the BTR7 feels vs the BTR5?
I mean is it like "wow this is much bigger" or "doesn't make a big difference" somehow?
Dangerous question to ask if you have followed this thread from the start :relaxed:. BTR7 doesnt feel much larger than the BTR5 its still very pocketable and still easily fits in the palm of your hand if that makes sense? Easily fits in a shirt pocket without it seeming like there is a brick in there.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #658 of 2,088
Dangerous question to ask if you have followed this thread from the start :relaxed:. BTR7 doesnt feel much larger than the BTR5 its still very pocketable and still easily fits in the palm of your hand if that makes sense? Easily fits in a shirt pocket without it seeming like there is a brick in there.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Yeah my bad, I must have missed it somewhere in the 44 pages of this thread.
Shame on me. Additionally, I am not a FiiO expert, I have a BTR5 that is getting "old" and was thinking of what to replace it with. Are there alternatives to the BTR5 except for the BTR7 that you would recommend?

Sep 6, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #660 of 2,088
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Yeah my bad, I must have missed it somewhere in the 44 pages of this thread.
Shame on me. Additionally, I am not a FiiO expert, I have a BTR5 that is getting "old" and was thinking of what to replace it with. Are there alternatives to the BTR5 except for the BTR7 that you would recommend?
I have read a lot of good things about the Quedlix 5K though I haven't personally heard one. I had an OG BTR5 (pre 2021) and to be fair the BTR7 out performs it in every aspect in terms of sound quality, not so much in terms of the lack of a clip on the case but FiiO are working on that apparently. Comes down to what you want from the DAC,
Quedlix 5K from all reports has an excellent PEQ better than the one on the BTR7 if using an EQ is your thing. Perhaps listen and demo both yourself and make a decision from there :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back