[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Sep 6, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #661 of 2,103
I have read a lot of good things about the Quedlix 5K though I haven't personally heard one. I had an OG BTR5 (pre 2021) and to be fair the BTR7 out performs it in every aspect in terms of sound quality, not so much in terms of the lack of a clip on the case but FiiO are working on that apparently. Comes down to what you want from the DAC,
Quedlix 5K from all reports has an excellent PEQ better than the one on the BTR7 if using an EQ is your thing. Perhaps listen and demo both yourself and make a decision from there :relaxed:
I am using the BTR5 as my to-go amp when I go for walks or just tidy up in the house with a pair of Shure Aonic 5.
To be honest, I have never used the EQ with the FiiO, before that, I had an ES100 that I needed to EQ.
I wish that the Shure would be a bit warmer and rounded around the midrange, particularly with vocals.
Can you give me your take on that?

Sep 6, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #662 of 2,103
Sorry again if I missed that info as well, but how would a BTR7 stand against an AK SP2000?
I am aware that those are different price realms, just trying to evaluate how the BTR7 will fit into my daily listening.
Honestly I have a Astell & Kern SA700 (not quite SP2000) there was a time when Astell & Kern were leaps and bounds ahead of FiiO in terms of sound quality (back in the days of the FiiO X5 gen2/3) but these days not so much, the gap really has closed up a lot since then. I can say that the BTR7 in terms of sound quality is not that far if at all behind the FiiO M11 Plus ESS (wired) in some cases depending on the IEM I actually prefer the BTR7 (when paired with FiiO FD7 for example) over the M11 Plus. Something to keep in mind price does not always equal an increase in performance :relaxed:

Sep 6, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #664 of 2,103
Honestly I have a Astell & Kern SA700 (not quite SP2000) there was a time when Astell & Kern were leaps and bounds ahead of FiiO in terms of sound quality (back in the days of the FiiO X5 gen2/3) but these days not so much, the gap really has closed up a lot since then. I can say that the BTR7 in terms of sound quality is not that far if at all behind the FiiO M11 Plus ESS (wired) in some cases depending on the IEM I actually prefer the BTR7 (when paired with FiiO FD7 for example) over the M11 Plus. Something to keep in mind price does not always equal an increase in performance :relaxed:
If you're looking for the convenience of bluetooth and warm slightly forward vocals perhaps try combining BTR7 with FiiO's new FH7S earphones. The Astell & Kern SA700 has a warmish forward midrange but cost maybe prohibitive and you would loose the convenience of bluetooth.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #665 of 2,103
Sep 6, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #666 of 2,103
I absolutely agree with the price statement, the Mojo is fairly affordable and sounds just awesome. Although I need to admit that the SP2000 is more detailed than the Mojo I think that the little Chord is very good and at times more enjoyable due to its warmer sound signature. The AK depends a bit on the IEMs it is paired with. I just don't want to carry a Mojo+Poly in my shirt pocket if you know what I mean.

Sep 6, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #667 of 2,103
I absolutely agree with the price statement, the Mojo is fairly affordable and sounds just awesome. Although I need to admit that the SP2000 is more detailed than the Mojo I think that the little Chord is very good and at times more enjoyable due to its warmer sound signature. The AK depends a bit on the IEMs it is paired with. I just don't want to carry a Mojo+Poly in my shirt pocket if you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean, I find myself reaching for my BTR7 and FD7 combo connected to my phone more and more these days, such a nice synergy and so convenient without losing a whole lot of sound quality if any.

Sep 6, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #668 of 2,103
I know exactly what you mean, I find myself reaching for my BTR7 and FD7 combo connected to my phone more and more these days, such a nice synergy and so convenient without losing a whole lot of sound quality if any.
Maybe I should consider them as a paired setup. Somehow the FD7s are a bit pricy to do garden work with them. Here in Japan, it is very hot and I am worried about sweat corrosion issues.

Sep 6, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #669 of 2,103
Maybe I should consider them as a paired setup. Somehow the FD7s are a bit pricy to do garden work with them. Here in Japan, it is very hot and I am worried about sweat corrosion issues.
Perhaps ask @Dsnuts regarding the synergy between the new FH7S and BTR7 combo as he has both, I dont have the new FiiO FH7S yet (in transit) however it seems to me that FiiO have started tuning their own IEM's to suit their own product line, FH7S is around US$399 from memory so a bit cheaper than the FD7.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...ed-aluminum-shell.964685/page-2#post-17130167

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #670 of 2,103
Hello, can anyone describe how much bigger the BTR7 feels vs the BTR5?
I mean is it like "wow this is much bigger" or "doesn't make a big difference" somehow?
Screenshot_20220826-192336_Gallery.jpg

From bottom to top:
BTR5, BTR7 and Smartphone.

As you have the BTR5 you will recognise it here.

The BTR7 feels slightly bigger initially and within a few days you will not notice the size difference.

Sep 6, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #672 of 2,103
Perhaps ask @Dsnuts regarding the synergy between the new FH7S and BTR7 combo as he has both, I dont have the new FiiO FH7S yet (in transit) however it seems to me that FiiO have started tuning their own IEM's to suit their own product line, FH7S is around US$399 from memory so a bit cheaper than the FD7.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...ed-aluminum-shell.964685/page-2#post-17130167
I am looking for a bit warmer sound around the mids than the Aonic 5 have. Would the FD7 fall into that region?

Sep 6, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #673 of 2,103
I am looking for a bit warmer sound around the mids than the Aonic 5 have. Would the FD7 fall into that region?
I haven't heard the Aonic 5 but I can say the FD7 sound leans more to the warm side than neutral, a very organic detailed smooth presentation with a slight emphasis on the mid bass region at least my ears. I have tendency to like a warm sound signature and I really enjoy the FD7 probably FiiOs finest IEM overall in my opinion. Perhaps audition them yourself and see what you think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back