[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Sep 2, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #634 of 2,088
Heya, i've got a quick question.
Does anyone know if you can connect the BTR7 to a Playstation 4 or Playstation 5 as a BT audio source?
Reason im asking is because if i can plug my Focal Utopia via the 4.4mm and be able to sit on the bed away from the tv and watch movies on my ps4. that would be amazing and i'd definitely pull the trigger. I've read that it works with a Nintendo Switch via USB-C interface. so thats ok.
Technically yes but there are issues. I used the BTR7 with my Polaris 2 and Sundaras. When I plugged the BTR 7 into my PS5 it dramatically lowered the power output so I didn't even try to drive any full size cans. I don't blame Fiio for this. Sony has some weird mojo going on. The same happened with the Audeze Mobius when it came out. You should also be aware that 4 pole mic does not work in UAC1 mode so no game chat through the BTR7. That and a couple other minor things caused me to return the BTR7.

It's a fantastic device for IEMs though. It did a well enough job on the Sundaras through the balanced 4.4 but didn't really bring the life out of them.

EDIT: I just realized I misread your question. I plugged mine into the PS5 using the usb c cable. You can't connect BT devices to your PS5 directly. There are many bluetooth adaptors/transmitters that will work with the PS5. I was always worried about lag. I thought about trying the Fiio BTA30 but never pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #636 of 2,088
@FiiO , looks like USB Charge off switch disables wireless charging as well, which is probably not the way it should be.
Dear friend,

We will report to the product manager and engineer for check and assess about that again.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 3, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #638 of 2,088
BTR7 connects to Bluetooth even though I'm playing via USB is this intended? Anyway to shut Bluetooth off when it's being used wired
While you are waiting for another solution, these are obvious suggestions, some or all of which you may have already tried.

If you are using an android phone or tablet, turn off Bluetooth on that device.

If you are using a fixed or desktop setup, check your source selector and use USB port.

The alternative is to go into the Fiio Control App and deselect all Bluetooth codecs.

Let us know how you get on.

Sep 3, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #639 of 2,088
BTR7 connects to Bluetooth even though I'm playing via USB is this intended? Anyway to shut Bluetooth off when it's being used wired
It will connect to bluetooth - the BTR5 does the same. What you can do however is set the order of prescedent - that is to say, from the menu you can choose what input is the preferred input.

Sep 3, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #641 of 2,088
1662247921554.png

Took me a while to finish the BTR7 review. This one is a longer read. I think current owners know already how good the BTR7 is so this is more or less for folks that are on the fence or have no idea about how good a wirless dac amp can be. To me this is one of those sources you had no idea you needed till you own one. I have enjoyed every single phone I tested out on the BTR7. Used it to cut the grass. Do chores around the house. Go for walks while talking to a buddy on the phone. Easily tried over a dozen IEMs and Cans. Played games using it on my laptop, using it in all sorts of situations. Every time the BTR7 performed excellent in every situation. I do a lot of IEM reviews so having a source with a dead black background for music is essential for evaluating IEMs. The BTR7 has quickly become one of the sources I rely on for IEM reviewing.

One aspect I appreciate about Fiio is that they move forward with their designs and never backward. Everything new they make is better than what they have done in the past. This is a statement of their drive and commitment. I appreciate that as a consumer of all things good about audio. My take on the BTR7- https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-btr7.26025/

Sep 4, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #642 of 2,088
I just bought Fiio. I use android phone and until today i still cant connect the Fiio Control app to BTR7. I have tried reinstalling the app and restarting phone and device. Wth is wrong here?

Sep 4, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #643 of 2,088
I just bought Fiio. I use android phone and until today i still cant connect the Fiio Control app to BTR7. I have tried reinstalling the app and restarting phone and device. Wth is wrong here?
You will need to install the latest version 3.1 of the control app from the FiiO website, Google's playstore doesn't have the latest version that supports BTR7. Edit: Version 3.1 is now on Google playstore.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #644 of 2,088
You also have to have a bit....no a lot of patience. Install and wait, but just go about doing other things. I installed the Control App and went back to it a few times that day, but no connection, the next day it was working smoothly.

Sep 4, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #645 of 2,088
You will need to install the latest version 3.1 of the control app from the FiiO website, Google's playstore doesn't have the latest version that supports BTR7. Edit: Version 3.1 is now on Google playstore.

You also have to have a bit....no a lot of patience. Install and wait, but just go about doing other things. I installed the Control App and went back to it a few times that day, but no connection, the next day it was working smoothly.
Thank you for the help. Currently trying btr7. I have mixed feelings about how this device sound using monarch mk2. Do you guys like it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back