[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Nov 13, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #1,171 of 2,108
Dear @FiiO
You have not responded to my post number 1092. Is this a bug or a feature? Also, I have faced one more problem today. The screen started to show a vertical line in the middle. See attached photos. Factory reset does not help. Device is about 1 month old. Always lying on the table and never taken outdoors. Is it a software issue or an issue with my screen and you can provide me with a new device? Purchased on Aliexpress and paid 60 USD for FedEx delivery to Uzbekistan because free delivery takes up to 60-90 days to this country.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #1,172 of 2,108
Dear @FiiO
You have not responded to my post number 1092. Is this a bug or a feature? Also, I have faced one more problem today. The screen started to show a vertical line in the middle. See attached photos. Factory reset does not help. Device is about 1 month old. Always lying on the table and never taken outdoors. Is it a software issue or an issue with my screen and you can provide me with a new device? Purchased on Aliexpress and paid 60 USD for FedEx delivery to Uzbekistan because free delivery takes up to 60-90 days to this country.
Thank you.
Most likely a Hardware issue, not much you can do here. Like most products BTR7 has a 1 year warranty, claim yours and get a replacement.

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #1,175 of 2,108
Dear @FiiO
Thank you.
Your best bet would be to contact support@fiio.com and go from there 🙂

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #1,176 of 2,108
Dear friend,

We will report to the engineer for assessing first.Thanks for the kind feedback.

Best regards
Hello . After updating to 1.85 fiio btr 7 I have a problem that didn't exist before In the main menu Wake up with any key when selected does not remember after reboot Strange situation because it remembers switching to 80 charging the battery Well, in MQA mode it does not show the frequency on the screen in the previous version and it did Regards Will you add more digital filters?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221113_194616_com.fiio.control.jpg
    Screenshot_20221113_194616_com.fiio.control.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221113_194633_com.fiio.control.jpg
    Screenshot_20221113_194633_com.fiio.control.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 0
  • nomqa.jpg
    nomqa.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Nov 13, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #1,177 of 2,108
Dear @FiiO
Thank you.
Dear friend,

I checked with the engineer and he says the sampling rate display in MQA mode has been removed in the new firmware now.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 13, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #1,178 of 2,108
Hello . After updating to 1.85 fiio btr 7 I have a problem that didn't exist before In the main menu Wake up with any key when selected does not remember after reboot Strange situation because it remembers switching to 80 charging the battery Well, in MQA mode it does not show the frequency on the screen in the previous version and it did Regards Will you add more digital filters?
Dear friend,

The problem with setting menu not be remembered is a bug. The engineer will try to solve it soon. The frequency display for MQA has been removed currently since the value could not show correctly.
As for the filters, we will report to the engineer for assessing.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 14, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #1,179 of 2,108
@FiiO
one more bug to be reported - at some point device starts speeding up music by approx 10-15%. First re plugging of btr7 to ipad air 5 helped but later it appeared again and only factory reset helped…
And some clicking/jamming in the beginning of tracks is still there from time to time :frowning2:
FW1.85

Nov 14, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #1,180 of 2,108
In a good way or in not good way? Am yet to upgrade firmware .. so asking.
good but still not good enough, EQ is still required because btr7 is too flat and lifeless.

@FiiO
one more bug to be reported - at some point device starts speeding up music by approx 10-15%. First re plugging of btr7 to ipad air 5 helped but later it appeared again and only factory reset helped…
And some clicking/jamming in the beginning of tracks is still there from time to time :frowning2:
FW1.85
i second this

Normal. I have to charge it twice or thrice a day using 4.4mm boosted on high gain.
Thats terifying tbh, @FiiO something has to be adjusted, just because you can fit thx amp in it not neccessarily it is optimally used

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #1,182 of 2,108
Sorry! I confused it with UA5. I really liked design and form factor of UA5.
Thanks for clarifying about UP5. Let me explore UP5 further.
Checked and seems to be good option. Few differences:
UP5 supports Bluetooth 5.0 whereas BTR7 supports 5.1
Height of UP5 is about 1.5 cm lesser (68mm) vs BTR7 (83.6). Other sizes are more or less same. UP5 (39×68×14.5mm) vs BTR7 (39.6×83.6×14.6mm)
Both are matchbox type with vol wheel on UP5.
THX AAA amp chips seems to be missing from UP5.
Battery life of UP5 is about 11 hrs BAL whereas BTR7 has 9 hrs mentioned.

Rest of the HW components seems same (same dual DAC), same XMOS chip.

Others can provide subjective SQ comparisons but I am not too enthused about UP5 as it seems to lie in between BTR7 and BTR5 in shape and size. Don't see any reason to buy it.

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #1,183 of 2,108
Checked and seems to be good option. Few differences:
UP5 supports Bluetooth 5.0 whereas BTR7 supports 5.1
Height of UP5 is about 1.5 cm lesser (68mm) vs BTR7 (83.6). Other sizes are more or less same. UP5 (39×68×14.5mm) vs BTR7 (39.6×83.6×14.6mm)
Both are matchbox type with vol wheel on UP5.
THX AAA amp chips seems to be missing from UP5.
Battery life of UP5 is about 11 hrs BAL whereas BTR7 has 9 hrs mentioned.

Rest of the HW components seems same (same dual DAC), same XMOS chip.

Others can provide subjective SQ comparisons but I am not too enthused about UP5 as it seems to lie in between BTR7 and BTR5 in shape and size. Don't see any reason to buy it.
It was on my list before BTR7, but I was turned off by numerous issues reported in UP5 thread.
FiiO seems to be more reliable brand than Shanling.

Nov 15, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #1,184 of 2,108
@FiiO just got this jewl , after rocking the BTR5 for a while.....and I have to say BTR7 is mind blowing. Simply put.

One small issue..... Is there any way to improvise a clip for it like the 5 had? maybe 3d print model (if anyone thought about it on the forums, sorry.....just an idea), or do you have in plan to make in the future a clip to clip-on ?
The grey pouch just ruins the look for me....I mean...i like the idea.....but ...the clip is kinda missing. Apart from putting on a beautiful shiny black piece of equipment a grey-ish pouch.
Better than nothing,I guess...

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #1,185 of 2,108
@FiiO just got this jewl , after rocking the BTR5 for a while.....and I have to say BTR7 is mind blowing. Simply put.

One small issue..... Is there any way to improvise a clip for it like the 5 had? maybe 3d print model (if anyone thought about it on the forums, sorry.....just an idea), or do you have in plan to make in the future a clip to clip-on ?
The grey pouch just ruins the look for me....I mean...i like the idea.....but ...the clip is kinda missing. Apart from putting on a beautiful shiny black piece of equipment a grey-ish pouch.
Better than nothing,I guess...
@FiiO has been promising us a case with a clip for a while but we are still waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back