[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Oct 22, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #991 of 2,101
How about just two types of cases, with and without clip, you can still keep ring for lanyard on both?
Because honestly this industrial strength thick velcro solution while ingenious is very unattractive and bulky.

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #993 of 2,101
I just received my BTR7 today, I bought it to give it a try. Can anyone please tell me the meaning of what is showing in the main screen? Right now it shows LDAC 96K/24B.
Why does it show that when I have set the Bluetooth audio sample rate to 44.1kHz, in the Developer settings of my Android phone? @FiiO ?

My very initial impressions: comparing it with my Qudelix-5K, they both sound very close/similar = amazing! The BTR7 feels more powerful. The only downside for me is that the BTR7 needs to be in the same room with my phone to function properly. With the Qudelix-5K, I can leave my phone downstairs and go in all the rooms, upstairs, without losing connection, ever! Both set to LDAC 990/909 kbps.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #994 of 2,101
Screenshot_20221022-223352_FiiO Control.jpg
hey, How can I use peq with the 3.3 version of fiio control ? Any idea.;D.

On the v3.1 fiio control I was able to click on EDIT and change parameters
V1.7.1 btr7

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #995 of 2,101
I just received my BTR7 today, I bought it to give it a try. Can anyone please tell me the meaning of what is showing in the main screen? Right now it shows LDAC 96K/24B.
Why does it show that when I have set the Bluetooth audio sample rate to 44.1kHz, in the Developer settings of my Android phone? @FiiO ?

My very initial impressions: comparing it with my Qudelix-5K, they both sound very close/similar = amazing! The BTR7 feels more powerful. The only downside for me is that the BTR7 needs to be in the same room with my phone to function properly. With the Qudelix-5K, I can leave my phone downstairs and go in all the rooms, upstairs, without losing connection, ever! Both set to LDAC 990/909 kbps.
I saw this on the Fiio website, not sure if it helps answer your ? -

When connecting the BTR7 to a mobile phone via Bluetooth, and switching the bit depth in the developer options of the mobile phone to other bit depth options, why would the BTR7still show 24bit?

You will find that it will also display 24bit under SBC encoding. In fact, this 24bit refers to the audio processing bit depth after decoding through Bluetooth. It is not the same indicator as the bit depth in the developer option of the mobile phone, nor is it the same one as the track itself.

This is related to the internal DSP of the Bluetooth chip QCC5124. To exert the maximum performance and audio processing capability of the DSP, we have adopted the highest 24bit specification. All decoded Bluetooth audio will be processed in 24bit before sending to the ES9219 DAC.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #999 of 2,101
Thank you for the correct reminder. Sorry we neglected to introduce how to use it. Please refer to the two pictures I added.BTR7 CLIP2.jpgBTR7 CLIP1.jpg
No, don't do it this way! The case will be damaged on the first day of use. And the velcro does not look good at all. It's abrasive, let alone it will damage the case after a couple of swapping attempts. There are lots of elegant designs, including this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002537902984.html. Another design: https://www.amazon.com.au/Cellet-Replacement-Removable-Spring-Clip/dp/B0012NVPTO?th=1

Make a socket for the clip at the back of the case. Or simply make a plain BLACK LEATHER case without any clip and we'll attach a third-party clip to it. Whoever does need it. Because some people have to permanently attach a clip to the back of the device itself. Some people attach it to the gray case instead in order to save the wireless charging functionality but for me it's an ugly case that I personally would never use at all.

Oct 22, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #1,000 of 2,101
Thank you for the correct reminder. Sorry we neglected to introduce how to use it. Please refer to the two pictures I added.
This design with the velcro is trying to be too many things for too many people and as such looks hideous. Velcro adds too much bulk, for those that want a lanyard Miter already make something for you in multiple colours (Black, Red, Blue). For those that want to retain wireless charging the existing included case as well as the after market case Miter case already does that. Please @FiiO just make a genuine leather case with a clip (like your first design) in multiple colours including black with the clip slightly higher up.

Attachments

• 20220825-151600.jpg
    20220825-151600.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 31g+pI9TVOL._AC_.png
    31g+pI9TVOL._AC_.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #1,001 of 2,101
This design with the velcro is trying to be too many things for too many people and as such looks hideous. Velcro adds to much bulk, for those that want a lanyard Miter already make something for you in multiple colours (Black, Red, Blue). For those that want to retain wireless charging the existing included case as well as the after market case Miter case already does that. Please FiiO just make a genuine leather case with a clip (like your first design) in multiple colours including black with the clip slightly higher up.
+1 !

Oct 23, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #1,002 of 2,101
I saw this on the Fiio website, not sure if it helps answer your ? -

When connecting the BTR7 to a mobile phone via Bluetooth, and switching the bit depth in the developer options of the mobile phone to other bit depth options, why would the BTR7still show 24bit?

You will find that it will also display 24bit under SBC encoding. In fact, this 24bit refers to the audio processing bit depth after decoding through Bluetooth. It is not the same indicator as the bit depth in the developer option of the mobile phone, nor is it the same one as the track itself.

This is related to the internal DSP of the Bluetooth chip QCC5124. To exert the maximum performance and audio processing capability of the DSP, we have adopted the highest 24bit specification. All decoded Bluetooth audio will be processed in 24bit before sending to the ES9219 DAC.
Thank you :)
The same answer is also posted in the beginning of this thread, I just didn't have time to read it.

So, what do you guys suggest as the optimal settings for Bluetooth on an Android phone? Leave everything at the default? Just forcing LDAC to 990/909 kbps, maybe? My phone defaults to Adaptive LDAC bitrate.

Oct 23, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #1,003 of 2,101
Thank you :)
The same answer is also posted in the beginning of this thread, I just didn't have time to read it.

So, what do you guys suggest as the optimal settings for Bluetooth on an Android phone? Leave everything at the default? Just forcing LDAC to 990/909 kbps, maybe? My phone defaults to Adaptive LDAC bitrate.
For best results use LDAC, go to developer options and force LDAC 990/909 kbps optimised for audio quality :relaxed:

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 3:57 AM Post #1,004 of 2,101
For best results use LDAC, go to developer options and force LDAC 990/909 kbps optimised for audio quality :relaxed:
Thank you, I will do that for when I will keep my phone in the same room. For now, I've set it to aptX Adaptive and I gained some more connectivity range. I can leave my phone to another room and still listen. But it cannot catch up with the Qudelix-5K, I can listen to that in any room or spot on my property, LDAC 990/909kbps. I appreciate the longer battery life and more power, though! Do you think that the BTR7 is capable to drive the HiFI Man Sundara or other planar magnetic headphones?

Oct 23, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #1,005 of 2,101
Thank you, I will do that for when I will keep my phone in the same room. For now, I've set it to aptX Adaptive and I gained some more connectivity range. I can leave my phone to another room and still listen. But it cannot catch up with the Qudelix-5K, I can listen to that in any room or spot on my property, LDAC 990/909kbps. I appreciate the longer battery life and more power, though! Do you think that the BTR7 is capable to drive the HiFI Man Sundara or other planar magnetic headphones?
I don't own either of those headphones so I'm not qualified to answer that question, all I can suggest is to try powering them from the BTR7 and see how you go 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back