[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Apr 15, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #1,651 of 2,108
Apr 15, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #1,652 of 2,108
I wonder if it is displaying 32-bit because it is padding the remaining bits with 0s… This is a practice among some DACs and does not change the sound in any way. If I’m right it is not a bug, rather a design decision with no negative effects.
When I first connected it to the iPhone after unpacking, everything was displayed correctly (192KHz/24Bit). After that, I had connected it to the iMac and selected 32 bit/192kHz there. Then reconnected to the iPhone and since then only 32bit, kHz is correct. Maybe I have installed the FiiO App after the first connecting with the iphone.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #1,653 of 2,108
The audio format is not displayed correctly when used as a USB DAC on the iPhone 13. Instead of 16Bit or 24Bit, 32Bit is always displayed. The kHz number is given correctly. I have already tried various cables and factory resets. Software version is V 1.88. For Input Priority, UAC is selected.
I remember some DACs are taking in data always at 32bit to avoid aliasing in the digital volume control and keeping to as close to bitperfect as possible.

I know Topping does treat all inputs as 32bit based on some posts in ASR by the designer.

Apr 16, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #1,654 of 2,108
Dear friend,

Thanks for your kind feedback.
1. What 'Battery saver' mode would you prefer?
2. We have reported this to the engineer. But they are still assessing since the percentage accuracy could not meet our requirement currently.
3. We will report to the engineer for check as well.

Best regards
I hope you took note of the Bug I reported for the spelling mistake in the EQ profile name.

For Battery Saver per se, it would be good to find a way to reduce CPU power as much as it uses currently. Sometimes over wired audio, the DAC starts to get warm/hot, which can be detrimental to it's battery internally and hence having such an option can reduce the power consumption bringing down the heat to its internals without much compromise to the overall user-experience. I know it's easier said than done, but think of it as a Power Saving mode on our smartphones that scale down the CPU usage without impacting overall user experience by much and yet giving significant gains in overall usage over time.

e.g. If you are using C-to-C audio and have this option, then turning it ON would bring down the clock speed of the CPU in the background such that it is not over-utilizing any resources, reducing the brightness to it's minimum and (maybe) turning off the Bluetooth Radio in the background (knowing that the audio is currently being sent over it's C-port). You can also think of how a power-save mode on your smartwatch helps, where battery is even more tinier and hence getting that extra juice really helps it push through a couple of more hours. Alternatively, if you can provide a Bluetooth On/Off toggle in the options, that could save the battery power too (because unlike many others, I don't use Bluetooth audio as much as I do over wired) and hence saving that power can earn me a few extra mins of music.

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for #2 and #3. Will wait for an update.

Apr 17, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #1,655 of 2,108
The audio format is not displayed correctly when used as a USB DAC on the iPhone 13. Instead of 16Bit or 24Bit, 32Bit is always displayed. The kHz number is given correctly. I have already tried various cables and factory resets. Software version is V 1.88. For Input Priority, UAC is selected.
image1.jpegimage0.jpeg
Dear friend,

When connecting the BTR7 via USB and playing 24bit tracks through FiiO Music app, why would the BTR7 show 32bit?

The bit depth displayed on the BTR7 is the bit depth of the song transmission, which is different from that of the track. This is the best compatibility we chose when customizing the XMOS USB AUDIO driver. 32bit is compatible with both 32bit and 24bit. When playing a 24bit track, the 32bit displayed actually means the transmission mode of the USB driver, but does not mean that it is a 32bit file, and XMOS does not upsample the 24bit track.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 17, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #1,656 of 2,108
A few days ago, my BTR7 started to stop playing music while paired to my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. What is happening is, while I am listening to music via UAPP or from Amazon Music, the playback stops (pauses). If I resume the playback, it plays from my phone's speaker. If I will disconnect the BTR7 from the Bluetooth Settings and connect it again, I can listen to music again.

Today, after encountering this for the fourth time, I performed a factory reset from the FiiO App. Now, my BTR7 cannot pass the language screen. The buttons do not function so I cannot pass the first screen.

Any ideas, anyone?
@FiiO ?

The product was purchased new on Oct 2022 from Amazon UK - I've messaged the seller few minutes ago.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #1,657 of 2,108
A few days ago, my BTR7 started to stop playing music while paired to my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. What is happening is, while I am listening to music via UAPP or from Amazon Music, the playback stops (pauses). If I resume the playback, it plays from my phone's speaker. If I will disconnect the BTR7 from the Bluetooth Settings and connect it again, I can listen to music again.

Today, after encountering this for the fourth time, I performed a factory reset from the FiiO App. Now, my BTR7 cannot pass the language screen. The buttons do not function so I cannot pass the first screen.

Any ideas, anyone?
@FiiO ?

The product was purchased new on Oct 2022 from Amazon UK - I've messaged the seller few minutes ago.

Thank you.
I have had a similar problem with my BTR7. I experienced multiple Bluetooth disconnections from my iPhone even when they were close together. I did a reset without problem but the disconnection problem continued, so I have returned it under warranty, having had it for under two weeks. I had updated the firmware when I first received it and it seemed to work well for the first few days. Other Bluetooth devices, including a BTR3, have worked well with the same iPhone 13.

Apr 18, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #1,658 of 2,108
I have a fundamental BTR7 & Mac problem:
The first months my BTR7 worked perfectly on my Mac as USB-Dac, but since I upgraded to Ventura, it does not work anymore at all when I connect it via USB. I can only connect it via BT to my Mac, while it still works perfectly as USB-DAC on my iPad (iOS). I checked the audio settings on Mac OS and it would even not show up there as connected device. And BTR7 firmware is on the newest version.

Anyone having a similar problem or hints for a solution?

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #1,659 of 2,108

Any ideas, anyone?
@FiiO ?

Thank you.
Dear friend,

Please try to reset the BTR7 by clicking the power and volume - button and the same time then restart it. Does the issue remain?

Best regards

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 18, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #1,660 of 2,108
I have a fundamental BTR7 & Mac problem:
The first months my BTR7 worked perfectly on my Mac as USB-Dac, but since I upgraded to Ventura, it does not work anymore at all when I connect it via USB. I can only connect it via BT to my Mac, while it still works perfectly as USB-DAC on my iPad (iOS). I checked the audio settings on Mac OS and it would even not show up there as connected device. And BTR7 firmware is on the newest version.

Anyone having a similar problem or hints for a solution?
Dear friend,

Would you mind trying another usb cable and ports?

Best regards

Apr 18, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #1,661 of 2,108
Dear friend,

Please try to reset the BTR7 by clicking the power and volume - button and the same time then restart it. Does the issue remain?

Best regards
Hi! Thanks! I have done that several times - but it did not bring any changes.
But I think I have now solved the problem, at least in a certain way: I changed the U-Audio settings to UA1.0! Does Mac (I have a quite new Macbook Pro from 1 year ago) not work with UA2.0?

Apr 18, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #1,662 of 2,108
Dear friend,

Best regards
I have managed to access the menu on my BTR7 after leaving it overnight and powering it on, in the morning. I performed a factory reset, unpaired and paired it again with my Galaxy S23 Ultra. Weird things are happening. It connects to Bluetooth and then disconnects after a few seconds. Then it appears to reboot? The buttons are unresponsive.

I have my older phone, the Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro, which I use as a DAP, rarely. I did not have much time to check but it appears to work fine with my Poco phone. It connects straight away and the buttons on the BTR7 function properly. It has not disconnected, so far.

Do you think this is an Android issue? On my Poco I am running Android 12. On my S23 Ultra I am running Android 13. One UI version 5.1

How can I reset Bluetooth or clear Bluetooth cache on Android 13? Do you think this will help?
It was working flawlessly until yesterday.

EDIT: After resetting network settings on Android 13 - the only way I found to delete Bluetooth cache - my BTR7 connects normally again. I have been using it for a couple of hours without any disconnections or pause of playback. I believe the network settings reset fixed the problem on my S23 Ultra.

PS: You must have been contacted by your UK dealer, AdvancedMP3 Players, about my issue. Please, ignore it, I believe the issue is fixed. I will inform them accordingly.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #1,663 of 2,108

Any ideas, anyone?
@FiiO ?

Thank you.
Try to uninstall UAPP, it was messing a lot of stuff for me on S22 Ultra. You don't need it for BT anyway.

Apr 18, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #1,664 of 2,108
Try to uninstall UAPP, it was messing a lot of stuff for me on S22 Ultra. You don't need it for BT anyway.
Now that you mention it, perhaps, maybe, everything started from UAPP! Because I remember getting a notification from UAPP the other day, out of the blue, that it cannot establish connection with the DAC or something? I do not remember exactly. The notification appeared a couple of times. I did not do anything out of the ordinary. I just went to the Developer Settings and set LDAC to 44.1kHz and 900/990 kbps.

Anyways, it seems to work fine now. 👍

Apr 18, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #1,665 of 2,108
Now that you mention it, perhaps, maybe, everything started from UAPP! Because I remember getting a notification from UAPP the other day, out of the blue, that it cannot establish connection with the DAC or something? I do not remember exactly. The notification appeared a couple of times. I did not do anything out of the ordinary. I just went to the Developer Settings and set LDAC to 44.1kHz and 900/990 kbps.

Anyways, it seems to work fine now. 👍
Just for another point of view I output from my HiBy RS6 running UAPP to BTR7 in LDAC and it works beautifully! Clearly YMMV! :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back