FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Jul 17, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #1,427 of 1,870
I am little bit late to the update party but I have finally updated to 1.2 and I can say LDAC connection to the M9 is now way more stable, no random short disruption of the music stream anymore. Thanks FiiO! :L3000:

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #1,428 of 1,870
BTR3 can be used as receiver and trasmiter in the same time ? For example I want to use smartphone - bluetooth - btr3 - bluetooth- earbuds true wireless without any cable ? If not, there is a solution for something like this in the market?

Jul 22, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #1,429 of 1,870
BTR3 can be used as receiver and transmitter in the same time ? For example I want to use smartphone - Bluetooth - BTR3 - Bluetooth- earbuds true wireless without any cable ? If not, there is a solution for something like this in the market?
BTR3 can't be used as a transmitter. If you want to use it as an external equalizer, you can set up Equalizer Pie application on your smartphone. However, it only works with Android 9+. There are some system-wide equalizers for Android 8 (like Equalizer FX), but the system interface is not sufficient and the output quality is very pure. Only bands 60, 230 and 910 can be adjusted on Android 8, so it's impossible to isolate main tone of voice (~180-320).
If you find the signal level of your smartphone is not sufficient, you can try USB Bluetooth transmitters, it should be cheaper, though it's not a wireless solution.
I would recommend an Android 9+ device in not-metal shell. Plastic or glass smartphones usually have higher levels of Bluetooth signal. Years 4-5 ago the best Bluetooth range had HTC and Samsung smartphones. Probable Samsungs are still the best... the specifications have to be checked.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #1,430 of 1,870
BTR3 can be used as receiver and trasmiter in the same time ? For example I want to use smartphone - bluetooth - btr3 - bluetooth- earbuds true wireless without any cable ? If not, there is a solution for something like this in the market?

Why oh, why? a) BTR3 is a receiver not a transmitter. b) if your earbuds are not capable of receiving and processing LDAC/LHDC/aptxHD already what makes you think putting another Bluetooth device in-between is going to rectify this?

Jul 22, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #1,431 of 1,870
b)The smartphone output is weak and I want to use a dac as btr3.

Jul 22, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #1,433 of 1,870
Check Audikast (TC418). It's said to be Class 1 range (100FT / 30M). It's powered and gets input signal from USB. aptX LL, aptX, SBC compatible.
Another option is Avantree c51, it's not so powerful, but can be easily fixed at the neck, if the cable is long enough. I've never used these devices, so you have to check the specification to be sure that's what you need.
I'm pretty sore there are no pure portable wireless solutions on the market, such devices don't make sense. I would still recommend to buy a smartphone with good antenna (not in metal shell).

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1,434 of 1,870
If you use BT earbuds, you will ALWAYS use the Dac in your earbuds. Think about it - BT is digital signal. So your earbuds will receive a digital signal and emit analog sound == Dac.

Adding BT transmitters/receivers in between is only going to add more hops (latency and other issues) and potentially may even degrade the signal if there any unnecessary codec conversions or DAC/ADC conversations depending on the components used

Jul 22, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #1,435 of 1,870
If you use BT earbuds, you will ALWAYS use the Dac in your earbuds. Think about it - BT is digital signal. So your earbuds will receive a digital signal and emit analog sound == Dac.

Adding BT transmitters/receivers in between is only going to add more hops (latency and other issues) and potentially may even degrade the signal if there any unnecessary codec conversions or DAC/ADC conversations depending on the components used
Exactly And this is why I sold my BT earbuds and bought at BTR3. A small 40 CM FiiO Cable (about the same size as a BT earphone cable) connects my Xelentos, or Tin P1 of Tin P3 to the BTR3 and I can walk around all day with 1. Strong Signal and 2. LDAC or aptX HD.
As you said the you will always be using the decoder in the receiving unit. So let the BTR3 or UP2 or ES100 be the receiver and you're golden. I haven't found one BT earphone to have a decent dac or even the LDAC / aptX HD codec.... I asked several manufacturers why and it because of battery life.. Bite the bullet, get a BT DAC and you can use any 3.5 earphone for better range and better sound.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #1,436 of 1,870
IMG-20190710-WA0000.jpg Every day I'm travelling 4h to work with bus.
The problem is when I asleep, my earbuds get out from the ear.I already damaged headphones cable.
Instead using btr3 prefer what I have now...

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #1,437 of 1,870
Hello @FiiO I've got a question about the App. Is there anyway to reset the library. The app took a scan of "All Folders" and now all my old voice mails and system sounds are part of the library. I need to reset and allocate just the "Music" folder. How can this be done? Thanks

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #1,438 of 1,870
Hello @FiiO I've got a question about the App. Is there anyway to reset the library. The app took a scan of "All Folders" and now all my old voice mails and system sounds are part of the library. I need to reset and allocate just the "Music" folder. How can this be done? Thanks
Ok, I figured it out. I went to Settings>Apps>FiiO> and 1. Force Stop 2. Clear Cache 3. Delete Data Then just restart the app and start fresh

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #1,440 of 1,870
Fiio team,

Are there any plans for an updated BTR3 with Bluetooth 5?

Thanks
Dear freind,

Our BTR5 will support Bluetooth 5.0. But the BTR3 may not be updated about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back