FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Apr 2, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #1,126 of 1,870
So today I received, so far impressed by sound quality. No hiss even with re600, it drives no problem my Panasonic hd10 full size cans. I use it with a Samsung a3 2017 with Oreo, that supports ldac, app is Poweramp. Sound Starts to drop after 6 meters with 2 walls.
One question, If I leave to default without entering developer options, bit depth is 32 and sample rate is 96. So there is upsample, if source is 16 44.1. Who does upsample? Phone or btr3? Is there a way to auto follow file quality? Is it better to enter each time dev options, and manually change? It's a pita...

Apr 2, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #1,127 of 1,870
Dear all,

today i received my btr3
It is connected to iphone XS MAX and i can play music via bluettooth to btr3
The quality is really bad. I guess it is only SBC. the color of the led don't change when i answer phone calls. The earstudio es 100 is much more better
I downloaded the FiiO Music app.Unfortunatly the btr is not to seen in the music app.
I update the firmware. No change.

Any idea what is wrong?

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #1,128 of 1,870
Dear all,

today i received my btr3
The quality is really bad. I guess it is only SBC. the color of the led don't change when i answer phone calls. The earstudio es 100 is much more better
I downloaded the FiiO Music app.Unfortunatly the btr is not to seen in the music app.

Any idea what is wrong?

In theory both the ES100 and BTR3 on an iPhone should be using AAC ... it's the best iOS can do - so really there shouldn't be much difference in SQ

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #1,129 of 1,870
Dear all,

today i received my btr3

Any idea what is wrong?

Hi there,

I use the BTR 3 with an Iphone XR and it always uses the AAC codec by default. The LED on the BTR3 flashes Cyan colour (like turquoise) which confirms this. What colour do you see when connecting? SBC would be a standard Blue colour.

Regarding the quality, in what way to do you find it bad? I also use the device with my Samsung S8 and LDAC codec as well as my iPhone XR with AAC . If i'm really honest i would probably find it hard to tell a difference in a blind test. Both sound great to me. Of course this is all very subjective.

I also used an ES100 previously with same devices/codecs above. I felt there was a slight difference in the sound signature for both, but I would not have said that one sounded better than the other. Just a little different.

Which headphones are you using? If they are hard to drive perhaps that is the issue you are experiencing? Because the ES100 does have more power, especially when using balanced connection?

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #1,130 of 1,870
Hi there,

I use the BTR 3 with an Iphone XR and it always uses the AAC codec by default. The LED on the BTR3 flashes Cyan colour (like turquoise) which confirms this. What colour do you see when connecting? SBC would be a standard Blue colour.

Regarding the quality, in what way to do you find it bad? I also use the device with my Samsung S8 and LDAC codec as well as my iPhone XR with AAC . If i'm really honest i would probably find it hard to tell a difference in a blind test. Both sound great to me. Of course this is all very subjective.

I also used an ES100 previously with same devices/codecs above. I felt there was a slight difference in the sound signature for both, but I would not have said that one sounded better than the other. Just a little different.

Which headphones are you using? If they are hard to drive perhaps that is the issue you are experiencing? Because the ES100 does have more power, especially when using balanced connection?

Hi,

after some hours of using btr3 the sound is more refined now.
I can compare ES100 and btr3 now. ES is more leaner and, the biggest difference, the upper mids and the highs are "smother". The music sounds more grained on btr3. I think that is the result of the more advanced functions for handling the music data in ES100. The btr3 sounds more "fat" with more lower mids and upper bass. That hides some details in the music. By the way i use SD2 from inear-monitoring.

After some trials i get Fiio Music to recognise BTR3. But than i see two BTR3 devices in my bluetooth settings. Don't know why.
The Fiio Music app lost the connection the BTR3 sometimes and i have to reconnect. The EQ function is still not there.
The setting of "hiding" the LED will lost every turn off/turn on of BTR3.
What not worked - the whole day - and i have no idea why is the connection for phone calls.
I can hear music without any problem. If i answer a phone call, i can't hear anything and on the other side of line, nobody can hear me.
I have no idea why. I use iPhone XS.
Any ideas?

Apr 3, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #1,131 of 1,870
Still no EQ for this? I really wanna try this as well, but coming from the ES 100's fantastic EQ I'm not too sure.

Also any recomendations for a short 2 Pin 3.5 mm cable?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #1,132 of 1,870
Dear all,

today i received my btr3

Any idea what is wrong?
Dear friend,

Due to individual preferences, sound quality may be different for different people. When connecting to iPhone device and playing music, the LED indicator would light cyan:
upload_2019-4-4_17-24-3.png

If the BTR3 could not show up in the FiiO Music APP ios version, please try to click the reflash button in the top right button, and press the power button of the BTR3 for several time. Wait for 10s or so then you will see the BTR3 in the FiiO Bluetooth control interface.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 5, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #1,134 of 1,870
Sound quality using Ldac top quality is simply outsatanding. My car stereo system, a simple basic Volvo setup, is brought to new life. Well done Fiio, this is my first Fiio device, but surely you earned a customer!

Apr 5, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #1,135 of 1,870
I have a problem with my Samsung S10 Plus and BTR3.

When I choose the "Optimized for Audio Quality" in Developer Options, audio is stuttering. No problem with the other options.

I never had this issue with my Note9. Any opinions?

Apr 7, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #1,139 of 1,870
Dear friend,

Due to individual preferences, sound quality may be different for different people. When connecting to iPhone device and playing music, the LED indicator would light cyan:

If the BTR3 could not show up in the FiiO Music APP ios version, please try to click the reflash button in the top right button, and press the power button of the BTR3 for several time. Wait for 10s or so then you will see the BTR3 in the FiiO Bluetooth control interface.

Best regards

Dear all,

my BTR3 was defect. It was changed by the shop.
Now the mic is working and the sound is better (but not as good as the radsone es 100)

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #1,140 of 1,870
Hints for next update: settings of Fiio music app are reset to default every time device is turned off. Please let them save.
Dear friend,

Which settings are reset to default in your FiiO music APP? You could try to reset the BTR3 and reconnect for check?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back