FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Mar 12, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #1,096 of 1,870
Silicone protective cases for the BTR-3 are now available in China. CNY25 for a pack of 6 cases in different colors.
SK-BTR3.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #1,099 of 1,870
@FiiO do you think the new updates will be due this March?

Any ES100 users here -- can you compare the SQ of the BTR3 -- which between ES100 vs BTR3 sound better?
Dear friend,

I hope the new firmware could be released soon as well. :heart_eyes:The engineer are trying their best to improve the stability still.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 19, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #1,101 of 1,870
Hi All,

Recently bought this unit to pair with my Samsung S8 mobile phone and AKG N5005 iem's. To my surprise, the volume is quite lacking with this setup.. in actual fact, the S8 appears to go louder on its own by roughly 10 - 20% i.e. when i plug my iem's into the S8 headphone jack.

I have played around with quite a few settings with no joy. Anyone else have a similar experience? Or any tips to improve volume from the BTR3?

I will say the sound quality and functionality is very nice for the price. But no good if I can't get to desired volume.

Edit: should have noted that I have tested with streaming music from Tidal and also using VLC to play local files. Same result.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #1,102 of 1,870
Hi All,

Recently bought this unit to pair with my Samsung S8 mobile phone and AKG N5005 iem's. To my surprise, the volume is quite lacking with this setup.. in actual fact, the S8 appears to go louder on its own by roughly 10 - 20% i.e. when i plug my iem's into the S8 headphone jack.

I have played around with quite a few settings with no joy. Anyone else have a similar experience? Or any tips to improve volume from the BTR3?

I will say the sound quality and functionality is very nice for the price. But no good if I can't get to desired volume.

Edit: should have noted that I have tested with streaming music from Tidal and also using VLC to play local files. Same result.

Thanks!
Hi there,

I’m actually using the same setup as you 90% of the time and I have to admit I have never felt the volume to be lacking.

I just did a quick check and cranked the BTR3 right up. To my ears this is very uncomfortable and not something I would want to sustain. I also tried plugging into the S8 directly and cranked up the volume. To me this is similar if not a little quieter. My tests here are subjective and not scientific of course! I’m assuming you have checked on the S8 that any kind of volume limiting is deactivated? Also are you using LDAC codec? I’m not sure if this makes a difference.

I hope this helps.

Mar 19, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #1,103 of 1,870
Hi there,

I’m actually using the same setup as you 90% of the time and I have to admit I have never felt the volume to be lacking.

I just did a quick check and cranked the BTR3 right up. To my ears this is very uncomfortable and not something I would want to sustain. I also tried plugging into the S8 directly and cranked up the volume. To me this is similar if not a little quieter. My tests here are subjective and not scientific of course! I’m assuming you have checked on the S8 that any kind of volume limiting is deactivated? Also are you using LDAC codec? I’m not sure if this makes a difference.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply.

At 100% my current setup is just about ok to listen to most of the time (not too loud at all). But the fact i have hit a ceiling and would like more head room leaves me wanting more (prob up to 20% more).

My S8 definitely goes louder on its own (albeit sounds like trash at max). I have checked lots of setting but will check and double check some more. The fact you are reporting that your BTR3 goes louder is interesting and gives me some hope. I have tried LDAC and other codecs so don't think it makes a difference.

Thanks again.

Mar 24, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #1,104 of 1,870
Hi everyone,

I have some questions regarding the BTR3, thanks in advance. I own a campfire audio atlas and would be pairing it with an iphone SE for reference.

1.) How is the sound quality like paired with an iphone SE (I read iPhones convert all audio to AAC) compared to it being plugged directly to the 3.5mm jack?

2.) How loud does it actually get? For example, is the loudest volume going to be comparable to me plugging my Atlas directly to the jack? I have the Flares pro and my main problem with the bluetooth module is that it doesn't get loud enough.

Thank you.

Mar 28, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #1,107 of 1,870
my s9 headphone jack died. I hope this will be good enough to replace it

Definitely - when you pair you'll have the option to pick LDAC on your S9 and it's a pretty decent codec for most people most of the time (especially on the move)

Mar 28, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #1,108 of 1,870
Hi everyone,

I have some questions regarding the BTR3, thanks in advance. I own a campfire audio atlas and would be pairing it with an iphone SE for reference.

1.) How is the sound quality like paired with an iphone SE (I read iPhones convert all audio to AAC) compared to it being plugged directly to the 3.5mm jack?

2.) How loud does it actually get? For example, is the loudest volume going to be comparable to me plugging my Atlas directly to the jack? I have the Flares pro and my main problem with the bluetooth module is that it doesn't get loud enough.

Thank you.

With iPhone the codec is limited to AAC - so not the best the unit's capable of.

I just did a quick back to back with my Sennheiser HD58X plugged into my Galaxy S10+ direct and through the BTR3
To be honest i couldn't determine a difference in sound levels.... it was loud enough to enjoy but i couldn't push them to the point where i would have to turn it down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back