FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Nov 21, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #1,637 of 1,870
The BTR3 is a bit of a bugger with my 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro.
Doesn't seem to like it.
It pairs fine, uses LDAC.
But it cuts out for second, ever couple minutes, as if there is interference.
Range is also very poor, cuts out entirely if i leave the room.

I have 2 different sets of Sony BT in ear headphones, that work with no issues with the Shield.
Very rarely do they have any drops or glitches.
They also stay connected around my entire apartment unit.

I have tried to force the used of AptX or AAC etc, via the Android Dev settings, however, that does not seem do anything, even after re-connect, the system will always default to LDAC.

The BTR3 has no such cut out or range issues when it is paired to my Win 10 Laptop(AptX) or my Pixel 3 (LDAC).

Nov 21, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #1,638 of 1,870
The BTR3 is a bit of a bugger with my 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro.
Doesn't seem to like it.
It pairs fine, uses LDAC.
But it cuts out for second, ever couple minutes, as if there is interference.
Range is also very poor, cuts out entirely if i leave the room.

I have 2 different sets of Sony BT in ear headphones, that work with no issues with the Shield.
Very rarely do they have any drops or glitches.
They also stay connected around my entire apartment unit.

I have tried to force the used of AptX or AAC etc, via the Android Dev settings, however, that does not seem do anything, even after re-connect, the system will always default to LDAC.

The BTR3 has no such cut out or range issues when it is paired to my Win 10 Laptop(AptX) or my Pixel 3 (LDAC).
use the fiio player app, connect the btr3 and choose the bt codec to be turned off, in your case the ldac and maybe hwa

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #1,639 of 1,870
use the fiio player app, connect the btr3 and choose the bt codec to be turned off, in your case the ldac and maybe hwa
No. because I want LDAC,,, that is the bloody point of this DAC is that is does LDAC for the better quality.
Also, it has already been told here that HWA is a codec for only Huawei brand devices and is never in use anywhere else.
Second, the Fioo app stopped seeing the BTR3 last time i tired to adjust the EQ.

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #1,640 of 1,870
No. because I want LDAC,,, that is the bloody point of this DAC is that is does LDAC for the better quality.
Also, it has already been told here that HWA is a codec for only Huawei brand devices and is never in use anywhere else.
Second, the Fioo app stopped seeing the BTR3 last time i tired to adjust the EQ.
if your shield cant do with the dropouts, compromise, give and take, try not to be overly obsessed with LDAC, they are good but not THAT good

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #1,641 of 1,870

if your shield cant do with the dropouts, compromise, give and take, try not to be overly obsessed with LDAC, they are good but not THAT good

Fioo app doe snot show up in the app store on the Shield.

It works fine with all other BT devices, the SONY audio products that do use LDAC as well, so it is clearly not a Shield or environmental issue.

It is not a big deal as i just use use the sony headphone when I need to use headphones late at night.

I was just posting here my experience with the BTR3 and the Shield.
There is nothing that can be done further.
Some BT chips just don't get along with others.
And the BTR3 works fine on the phones i have tried.

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #1,642 of 1,870
Fioo app doe snot show up in the app store on the Shield.

It works fine with all other BT devices, the SONY audio products that do use LDAC as well, so it is clearly not a Shield or environmental issue.

It is not a big deal as i just use use the sony headphone when I need to use headphones late at night.

I was just posting here my experience with the BTR3 and the Shield.
There is nothing that can be done further.
Some BT chips just don't get along with others.

android variety is indeed a pain to uniformity

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #1,643 of 1,870
android variety is indeed a pain to uniformity
Uniformity as whole, is inherently insecure. U hack one, u hack them all....looking at u Apple.
I would be using a pure linux device or Win phone...no none used win phone, no malware, viruses, no one cared about the platform...so no one wasted their time to attack the few users there were....
LOLZ

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #1,646 of 1,870
Does the eq only work through the fiio app? I stream amazon music from my iPhone XR. Will the btr3 apply the eq settings to that, or only what’s streamed through the fiio app.
Dear friend,

Did you set the EQ for BTR3 from FiiO Music app-Bluetooth device control -BTR3-EQ instead of the EQ option in FiiO Music app?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 27, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #1,647 of 1,870
Dear friend,

Did you set the EQ for BTR3 from FiiO Music app-Bluetooth device control -BTR3-EQ instead of the EQ option in FiiO Music app?

Best regards

I don’t have one of these yet. I’m trying to decide if it will help with my issue. I have a hearing impairment, about 35% overall, with most of it falling in the midrange and vocal frequencies. I’m hoping with a eq I will be able to boost the midrange so I don’t have to use such a high volume level. As of now I have to use a volume level that causes distortion in the bass and sibilance in the highs, or I can’t clearly hear the vocals and midrange. I just want to have a fuller experience. I guess I’m asking if the device will apply the eq settings to any music played through it, or only music played through the fiio music player. iOS will only apply its eq to iTunes music. thanks.

Nov 27, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #1,648 of 1,870
I have recently upgraded my mobile phone from Samsung S8 to the Samsung Note 10+. With Samsung S8 I found the max volume to be barely just enough. For whatever reason my new Note 10 appears to have about 30% more volume on tap. Sound wise, with the AKG N5005, both phones pair really well with the BTR3.

That said, I will be upgrading to the BTR5 when it becomes more widely available :smile_phones:

Nov 30, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #1,649 of 1,870
I have recently upgraded my mobile phone from Samsung S8 to the Samsung Note 10+. With Samsung S8 I found the max volume to be barely just enough. For whatever reason my new Note 10 appears to have about 30% more volume on tap. Sound wise, with the AKG N5005, both phones pair really well with the BTR3.

That said, I will be upgrading to the BTR5 when it becomes more widely available :smile_phones:
S8 that generation i think is only up to AAC or maybe APTX? Note 10+ has every BT codec except APTX HD, that could be why maybe? android generation difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back