[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #346 of 3,679
My micro usb to usbc cable adapter finally arrived and I have managed to test out connecting the BTR5 via USB to the LGV30. I was curious to see if I could experience improvements over LGV30 SO audio using the BTR5’s balance out.

Have you changed the BTR5 setting from UAC1.0 to UAC2.0?

Dec 23, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #347 of 3,679
I already have a decent usb dac/amp for my cans, but i was wondering if i i could upgrade my fidelio x1 and use them wirelessly while gaming, (but only if the LL function works.)
actually (for me) the LDAC has no significant delay whether streaming or gaming, everything on point or with insignificant delay, so delay maybe from the Tx?

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #350 of 3,679
A couple of questions:

1. When charging the unit, does the battery icon that animates through the levels of the battery stay on throughout the charging process even when charged, or is it supposed to show a full charge icon of some sort? When plugging the unit it to charge, it only shows the battery level animating from empty to full.

2. For USB mode, I am having a hard time getting it to use USB mode when plugged in and charge mode off. It always wants to pair with the last device. The only way to get this to work is turn of the bluetooth of the devices it was paired to. Anyone else notice this issue?

- Garrett

Dec 24, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #351 of 3,679
Hey guys, I have two questions if you can help me with,

01. How long the battery will last with LDAC Balanced Low Gain and lets say about 75% of volume?
02. Is there a way to replace the battery in future if needed?

Thank You.

Dec 24, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #352 of 3,679
Just got the Btr5 and am wondering about some things concerning the app support:

1. The only way to get app support for the Btr5 is to download the Fiio Music App and connect the Btr5 through „Bluetooth devices“ , right? There is no separate app?

2. I realized a significant sound quality drop when using the EQ! Just switching it on without even changing any frequency causes somewhat reduced treble response and soundstage? Anybody else realized that? If this is really normal than am quite disappointed by the EQ!

3. When I watched the official Fiio tutorials the interface of the app was black! On my iphone it is white! Is there something like a dark mode?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #353 of 3,679
Anyone knows if moving from xdsd to BTR5 will be downgrade or improvement

I was wondering the same question and actually for this reason bought the Btr5! After spending some hours with the device it is still difficult to answer.....so I might end up in keeping both...haha.

1.Coming from the XDSD, the much smaller form factor of the Btr5 is really nice to have, while also having great built quality and not feeling as cheap as the ES100, for example.
2. Btr5 definitely has less background hiss than XDSD!
3. Btr5 has a better Bluetooth connection with less quirks when connecting it to more than one device. After connecting it to different devices I need to repair my XDSD on a regular base...while Btr5 seems super stable and very uncomplicated for switching between devices.
4. Btr5 generally is the more modern device with more codecs etc.
5. Btr5 has playback buttons and a little screen- which makes it more convenient to use than XDSD.
6. Sound quality via BT is maybe on a similar level, though I must say XDSD is slightly more of my taste. It sounds a bit fuller, smoother and more musical while the Btr5 sounds a bit brighter and more tuned towards treble and instrument separation...both is nice and I guess it really depends on your personal preference.
5. Bass and stage enhancement is implemented so well on the XDSD while EQ on the Btr5 did not leave a very good impression on me (see my post above). Might change through improved software hopefully.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #354 of 3,679
Just got the Btr5 and am wondering about some things concerning the app support:

1. The only way to get app support for the Btr5 is to download the Fiio Music App and connect the Btr5 through „Bluetooth devices“ , right? There is no separate App?

2. I realized a significant sound quality drop when using the EQ! Just switching it on without even changing any frequency causes somewhat reduced treble response and soundstage? Anybody else realized that? If this is really normal than am quite disappointed by the EQ!

3. When I watched the official Fiio tutorials the interface of the app was black! On my iphone it is white! Is there something like a dark mode?
There is a separate app, here is the link
I was wondering the same and actually for this reason bought the Btr5! After spending some hours with the device it is still difficult to answer this question.....I might up ending up in keeping both...haha.

1.Coming from the XDSD, the much smaller form factor is so nice, while having great built quality and not feeling as cheap as the ES100, for example.
2. Btr5 has less background hiss than XDSD!
3. Btr5 has a better Bluetooth connection with less quirks when connecting more than one device. I need to repair my XDSD on a regular base while Btr5 seems super stable.
4. Sound quality via BT is maybe on a similar level but XDSD is slightly more of my taste. It sounds fuller, smoother and more musical while the Btr5 sounds a bit brighter and more tuned towards treble and instrument separation...guess it really depends on your personal preference.
5. Bass and stage enhancement is implemented so well on the XDSD while EQ on the Btr5 did not leave a good impression on me (see my post above). Might change through improved software hopefully.
There is a separate app, here's a link : http://fiio-file.fiio.net/FiiO_Music/app-fiio-control-1022.apk

Dec 24, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #355 of 3,679
Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #358 of 3,679
I was wondering the same question and actually for this reason bought the Btr5! After spending some hours with the device it is still difficult to answer.....so I might end up in keeping both...haha.

1.Coming from the XDSD, the much smaller form factor of the Btr5 is really nice to have, while also having great built quality and not feeling as cheap as the ES100, for example.
2. Btr5 definitely has less background hiss than XDSD!
3. Btr5 has a better Bluetooth connection with less quirks when connecting it to more than one device. After connecting it to different devices I need to repair my XDSD on a regular base...while Btr5 seems super stable and very uncomplicated for switching between devices.
4. Btr5 generally is the more modern device with more codecs etc.
5. Btr5 has playback buttons and a little screen- which makes it way more convenient to use than XDSD.
6. Sound quality via BT is maybe on a similar level, though I must say XDSD is slightly more of my taste. It sounds a bit fuller, smoother and more musical while the Btr5 sounds a bit brighter and more tuned towards treble and instrument separation...both is nice and I guess it really depends on your personal preference.
5. Bass and stage enhancement is implemented so well on the XDSD while EQ on the Btr5 did not leave a good impression at all on me (see my post above). Might change through improved software hopefully.

Many thanks for your detailed comparison, the only reason I am interested in BTR5 is indeed the smaller form factor XDSD is still bulky to carry in jeans pocket.

Dec 25, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #359 of 3,679
Many thanks for your detailed comparison, the only reason I am interested in BTR5 is indeed the smaller form factor XDSD is still bulky to carry in jeans pocket.

Yep, I know 100% what you mean. And if this is the most important factor for you, it might be worth considering the switch. Again, SQ wise it’s just little nuances depending on your preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back