[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #3,046 of 3,639
I was watching some comparison reviews on YouTube contemplating the BTR7 as an upgrade and thought this made a nice shot.
20220830_232118.jpg

Aug 30, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #3,048 of 3,639
The mirrored picture is way sharper on the BTR5. :ksc75smile: :sweat_smile:
It is a 4K TV but looks like first generation 720p, I think the extreme close up focus made it looked washed out.

Possibly my BTR5 is my most used audio item (TV/movies every night) and has performed outstandingly but I woke up this morning thinking I might just treat myself to the BTR7. Anyone else upgraded or own both, or sticking with your trusty BTR5? I am just about to start reading the BTR7 thread.

Aug 31, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #3,049 of 3,639
It is a 4K TV but looks like first generation 720p, I think the extreme close up focus made it looked washed out.

Possibly my BTR5 is my most used audio item (TV/movies every night) and has performed outstandingly but I woke up this morning thinking I might just treat myself to the BTR7. Anyone else upgraded or own both, or sticking with your trusty BTR5? I am just about to start reading the BTR7 thread.
Buy it if you need the power 👍😊
Both sounds good 😊

Aug 31, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #3,050 of 3,639

BTR5 is one of those rare products I am so content with I have no desire to upgrade. It does what I want it to for bluetooth use including phone calls, DAC listening from PC, consistently and well. Multipoint works great so when using for music or as PC DAC and a call comes in I can take it. Sound quality rivals some of my more expensive gear. Doesn't take up much space on my desk. I could go on, but conclusion is: BTR5 is a keeper.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #3,051 of 3,639
BTR5 is one of those rare products I am so content with I have no desire to upgrade. It does what I want it to for bluetooth use including phone calls, DAC listening from PC, consistently and well. Multipoint works great so when using for music or as PC DAC and a call comes in I can take it. Sound quality rivals some of my more expensive gear. Doesn't take up much space on my desk. I could go on, but conclusion is: BTR5 is a keeper.
Been a happy user almost a year now, and I think it's great little device!
Was thinking of upgrading to BTR7, but it's not going to be much of an upgrade. I love it the way it is. It's even musically better than my KA3!
The only con is probably that it doesn't have 4.4 balanced output but other than that it is indeed superior :darthsmile:

Sep 15, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #3,052 of 3,639
Been a happy user almost a year now, and I think it's great little device!
Was thinking of upgrading to BTR7, but it's not going to be much of an upgrade. I love it the way it is. It's even musically better than my KA3!
The only con is probably that it doesn't have 4.4 balanced output but other than that it is indeed superior :darthsmile:

My thinking too… until I noticed that the BTR7 has wireless charging. That jets it back up to the top of my list. BTR5 is great but I’d love to be able to charge it and listen to it wired at the same time.

Sep 15, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #3,053 of 3,639
My thinking too… until I noticed that the BTR7 has wireless charging. That jets it back up to the top of my list. BTR5 is great but I’d love to be able to charge it and listen to it wired at the same time.
Yeah you're probably right! I use it mostly wired to my laptop so it doesn't need charging and if I use it more than 3 hours on my phone I just plug it in my pc to recharge while listening :darthsmile: It would've been great if it supports wireless charging though!

Sep 16, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #3,054 of 3,639
I have been using the BTR5 for about 2 years and its been great from the start. However a few days ago I noticed that the volume of sound differs depending on what device it is connected to. So for instance, if I connect the BTR5 to my Samsung tablet and play music at a given volume, it will be louder than if I connect it to my android phone and playing the same song at the same level. I am using the same codec (APTX). I have changed codecs without any different results.

Do any of you have a clue what might be wrong here? I do not think I have had this problem before.

Sep 16, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #3,055 of 3,639
I have been using the BTR5 for about 2 years and its been great from the start. However a few days ago I noticed that the volume of sound differs depending on what device it is connected to. So for instance, if I connect the BTR5 to my Samsung tablet and play music at a given volume, it will be louder than if I connect it to my android phone and playing the same song at the same level. I am using the same codec (APTX). I have changed codecs without any different results.

Do any of you have a clue what might be wrong here? I do not think I have had this problem before.

Is the volume maxed out on both your tablet and phone? Volume should be 100% and use BTR5 to control listening volume.

Sep 17, 2022 at 4:11 AM Post #3,058 of 3,639

Dear friend,

Maybe the Bluetooth output volume of your phone and tablet are different.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 28, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #3,059 of 3,639
There is a option to use Btr5 microphone instead headphones built in microphone? I'm using Btr5 + Sony Mdr 1A for calls and I want to try Fiio microphone.

Sep 28, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #3,060 of 3,639
There are two ways to use the built in micro of the BTR5, afaik.
One as the primary micro, and 2nd as a noise cancelation mic (with cable microphone active).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back