FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Dec 6, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #122 of 803
i gonna have to do back to back comparisons but the btr1 pairs really well with c5d, Q1mkII and E12.

great way to get rid of stacks

I'm a bit confused by your post, but if by "pairs really well with", you really meant "compares really well with", then I would instantly be un-confused!

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #124 of 803
what i meant was removing the cellphone from the stack equation

Fyi, you quoted my original reply. I had edited it because I thought I figured out where my confusion lie, but I think I see now what you mean.

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #125 of 803
Fyi, you quoted my original reply. I had edited it because I thought I figured out where my confusion lie, but I think I see now what you mean.

noted.

yeah i think the best match would be with the c5d, everything sound really balanced. with the q1mkII maybe it gets a bit edgy, but you can get away with it by regulating gain. e12 might be the lesser match, although quite servicible imo.

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #126 of 803
noted.

yeah i think the best match would be with the c5d, everything sound really balanced. with the q1mkII maybe it gets a bit edgy, but you can get away with it by regulating gain. e12 might be the lesser match, although quite servicible imo.

Thanks.

What I'm quite pleased about is how much I am enjoying most of my gear straight out of the BTR1. That makes for a pretty small stack lol!

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #128 of 803
I've been pairing my BTR1 with either a Q1 on the go or going in to the SMSL VA2 desktop amp at work if I'm using a more power-hungry headphone. It works quite well.

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #129 of 803
What I'm quite pleased about is how much I am enjoying most of my gear straight out of the BTR1. That makes for a pretty small stack lol!

I was surprised by how happy I was listening to the 320ohm Zen 2.0's directly out of the BTR1. Prompted by all of this amping talk though, I thought I'd add in my B&H CC amp into the equation. Holy smokes it sounds good. So the BTR1 works very well on it's own, but can also work incredibly well with various amps (and given how small the BTR1 is, at least its a relatively small stack!)

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #130 of 803
I was surprised by how happy I was listening to the 320ohm Zen 2.0's directly out of the BTR1. Prompted by all of this amping talk though, I thought I'd add in my B&H CC amp into the equation. Holy smokes it sounds good. So the BTR1 works very well on it's own, but can also work incredibly well with various amps (and given how small the BTR1 is, at least its a relatively small stack!)
Yea. I tried it on its own first and was pretty happy with it, but it just wasn't doing some of my planar headphones justice. I have a pair of Sines at work with the VA2 amp, and decided to try that combo out and it was way beyond my expectations for bluetooth audio. I'm pretty happy with this combination, though I just picked the AP60 II DAP that can also stream BT from your device besides just playing directly out and has a slightly more featured AK DAC (4452), so there are now a couple streaming options hehe.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #131 of 803
Yea. I tried it on its own first and was pretty happy with it, but it just wasn't doing some of my planar headphones justice. I have a pair of Sines at work with the VA2 amp, and decided to try that combo out and it was way beyond my expectations for bluetooth audio. I'm pretty happy with this combination, though I just picked the AP60 II DAP that can also stream BT from your device besides just playing directly out and has a slightly more featured AK DAC (4452), so there are now a couple streaming options hehe.

Does the AP60 receive in APTX? I I was all set to get the Cayin N3, but it doesn't receive in APTX, so I waffled. While waffling, I found the BTR1 that ends up satisfying my requirements very nicely (although if the N3 received in APTX, I'd still strongly consider getting it).

Dec 7, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #132 of 803
Does the AP60 receive in APTX? I I was all set to get the Cayin N3, but it doesn't receive in APTX, so I waffled. While waffling, I found the BTR1 that ends up satisfying my requirements very nicely (although if the N3 received in APTX, I'd still strongly consider getting it).

Yes, it seems the AP60 II does support 2-way AptX, and I believe the Shanling M1 and M2s do as well.

Dec 8, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #133 of 803

As TheoS53 mentioned, it does work as BT both ways, and USB DAC both ways. I found the BTR1 more reliable so far, but it could also be my smartphone. I'm using the new Essential phone with the beta of Android Oreo which has known BT connection issues. I've just noticed it more so when using the AP60 II than the BTR1. Both are great devices. The Fiio is very well worth the price (and it's much cheaper than the DAP of course).

Dec 8, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #134 of 803
This is in the marketing literature:

After connecting the BTR1 to iOS devices and some Android devices, you can check how much battery is left in it. For instance, when paired with an iPhone, you can check the amount of battery remaining in the BTR1 under its own special widget.

I have a S7 edge (android), and I couldn't find anywhere to view the BTR1's battery level, so I looked on google play. There are a few "bluetooth battery indicator" apps there. I tried out the BatON app and it seems to be working nicely. An added bonus is that the app is also showing me the battery level of some of my other bluetooth devices as well (such as August EP650 headphones), so that's cool.

Dec 8, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #135 of 803
This is in the marketing literature:

I have a S7 edge (android), and I couldn't find anywhere to view the BTR1's battery level, so I looked on google play. There are a few "bluetooth battery indicator" apps there. I tried out the BatON app and it seems to be working nicely. An added bonus is that the app is also showing me the battery level of some of my other bluetooth devices as well (such as August EP650 headphones), so that's cool.

ive only gotten the battery indicator icon on my nexus 6p with the latest oreo update this week. though i remember a friend having it in his v20 with android 7 well beyond a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back