FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Nov 24, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #107 of 803
I guess we have to wait for the BTR3 to include all the missing features of BTR1. Maybe that's why it will take 6 months for FiiO to release to market. All those certifications take time probably..

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #111 of 803
I think the real question which should be asked is how audible are the differences (SBC vs apt-X or even AAC), and in a less than perfect environment, will you even notice?

Some may find this interesting - http://www.sereneaudio.com/blog/how-good-is-bluetooth-audio-at-its-best

The article is a little old now, but I think still valid. I have the BTR1 and I think its perfectly OK - especially for non-critical listening.

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #112 of 803
apt-X sounds fine when I use it with my mac but iOS doesn't support it, so it falls back to SBC. SBC was okay with most songs but anything with heavy/complicated production I definitely noticed distortion and when I listened to the same song wired, with apt-X or with my old bluetooth headset with AAC the distortion wasn't there.

Dec 5, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #118 of 803
I got my Fiio BTR1 this morning. I am beyond happy with it so far:
- inexpensive
- very small, but solid and well built, and has a clip on it
- nice controls
- using it with my S7 edge (exynos) in aptx mode I presume, listening to 16/44 flac files.. it sounds very good to my non-golden ears and sounds so close in quality compared to listening straight off of the phone that I'm very happy with it.
- bluetooth connection is solid, no hiss that can hear, range is decent.
- amp is powerful enough for my needs and for most of my gear.
- everything I've tried so far off of it sounds great (graphene and seahf 150 earbuds, vmoda m100's, nighthawks etc)

I'll report back if I find any issues, but as of right now this is going into my "one of the best audio purchases I've made" category.

Thanks Fiio!

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #119 of 803
I got my Fiio BTR1 this morning. I am beyond happy with it so far:
- inexpensive
- very small, but solid and well built, and has a clip on it
- nice controls
- using it with my S7 edge (exynos) in aptx mode I presume, listening to 16/44 flac files.. it sounds very good to my non-golden ears and sounds so close in quality compared to listening straight off of the phone that I'm very happy with it.
- bluetooth connection is solid, no hiss that can hear, range is decent.
- amp is powerful enough for my needs and for most of my gear.
- everything I've tried so far off of it sounds great (graphene and seahf 150 earbuds, vmoda m100's, nighthawks etc)

I'll report back if I find any issues, but as of right now this is going into my "one of the best audio purchases I've made" category.

Thanks Fiio!
I like the way you tell the truth, haha:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Dec 5, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #120 of 803

Users who are viewing this thread

Back