Fiio Amp vs Fiio Amp?
Aug 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Allucid

Caution: Incomplete trades.
Which is better, specs wise?
I've noticed the mont blanc is slimmer, but is it better than the E17 Alpen?
What's the difference?
I use my E17 for DAC and Portable use.

Basically, Fiio E17 Alpen vs 12 Mont Blanc?

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 14
Imo the mont blanc is a better amplifier. Its using the lme49000 series operational amplifiers which are exceptional are exceptional with the lme49990 being the best. But its using the 49600 so its a good opamp. The mont blanc is also more powerful than the alpen.

The only thing I see with the alpen is its dac section while the mont is just a amp.

The mont blanc is fiios basicly first attemptvinto a audiophile grade amp. Is has good parts could be better butcwould be more expensive too....I also like the build qualityvof the mon vs the alpen.

So amp vs amp mont blanc is better. Better specs

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 14
Imo the mont blanc is a better amplifier. Its using the lme49000 series operational amplifiers which are exceptional are exceptional with the lme49990 being the best. But its using the 49600 so its a good opamp. The mont blanc is also more powerful than the alpen.

The only thing I see with the alpen is its dac section while the mont is just a amp.

The mont blanc is fiios basicly first attemptvinto a audiophile grade amp. Is has good parts could be better butcwould be more expensive too....I also like the build qualityvof the mon vs the alpen.

So amp vs amp mont blanc is better. Better specs

Okay, thanks. I might get the Mont Blanc.
Is the battery specs better?

It's a mont blanc or a Kindle Fire. Let's see who wins my pocket. :)

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 14
Thoughts between E7K, E17 and E12?

again, the e12 is fiio's introduction to a audiophile grade sound. 

Saying that, I assume my Audiophile-grade headphones would have a better sound.
It's strange. I get better performance from my V-MODA LP2 headphones with the Fiio E17 amp than I do with the V-MODA M100s.
Different sound signatures I guess, but both have plenty of bass, while it seems listening to Daniel In The Den by Bastille muddies up the sound of my M100s.

Sep 23, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #11 of 14
Sep 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #12 of 14
Thoughts between E7K, E17 and E12?

I have the E12 Mont Blanc and E17 Alpen.
Both stellar amps, built like a tank, looks like a Porsche.
Just be sure to check the impedance of your cans x the impedance of the amp. You won't get much out (I learned the hard way) of your amp if your headphones impedance is lower than the amp. E17 and Mont Blanc are the same weight, the mont blanc is the size of a 5G iPod Touch. It's thinner and easier to use than the E17.

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #13 of 14

It's a mont blanc or a Kindle Fire. Let's see who wins my pocket.
smily_headphones1.gif

I believe both are about the same: 12 - 14 hours.

I have the Monte Blanc (1st vers) and use it with my iPod 120GB classic and a LOD cable.  I really like the combo when using with my Vsonic IEMs.  I did try it with my Grados and, to me, I tend to lean more towards my desktop system (Little Dot I+ and Fiio E10 DAC) as it seems a bit more natural the the E12 just hurts some of the frequency points, which I suspect is totally attributed to my iPod source.  I should run a mini cable from the E10 (used as just a DAC) to the E12 and see how it compares.  I'm sure it might do quite well by removing the iPod.

The E12, though, is an outstanding portable amp given its price point of $120 - $130.  Just a few years back, that level of performance would have cost quite a bit more.

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #14 of 14

It's a mont blanc or a Kindle Fire. Let's see who wins my pocket. :)

I believe both are about the same: 12 - 14 hours.

I have the Monte Blanc (1st vers) and use it with my iPod 120GB classic and a LOD cable.  I really like the combo when using with my Vsonic IEMs.  I did try it with my Grados and, to me, I tend to lean more towards my desktop system (Little Dot I+ and Fiio E10 DAC) as it seems a bit more natural the the E12 just hurts some of the frequency points, which I suspect is totally attributed to my iPod source.  I should run a mini cable from the E10 (used as just a DAC) to the E12 and see how it compares.  I'm sure it might do quite well by removing the iPod.

The E12, though, is an outstanding portable amp given its price point of $120 - $130.  Just a few years back, that level of performance would have cost quite a bit more.

I got the Mont Blanc, doesn't work well with my M100s, as they don't benefit from it. Returning it. Getting an LOD for purer sound using FLAC format. I wanted better sound, a LOD will do this, this amplifier will not with my M100s. My LP2s with my E17 ALPEN works fine, improves the sound.
Strange world of amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back