FiiO A5 or Chord Mojo
Jun 10, 2018 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21
I was thinking about getting a Mojo for a discounted price, but someone recommended that I get a FiiO A5 instead.

On the specs page, the Mojo outputs 720mW at 8Ω and 35mW at 600Ω, and has an output impedance of 0.075Ω.

The A5 outputs 800mW at 32Ω and 150mW at 300Ω, and has an output impedance of <0.3Ω.

I think that the A5 is more powerful, but it seems like the Mojo is more popular in the headphone community. Which one should I get?

I'll primarily be using these with my ZMF Auteurs.

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #2 of 21
Pretty sure the Mojo decimates anything from FiiO due to having a far better DAC, also the Mojo doesn't have many sound altering components in its output stage which is good.

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 21
Pretty sure the Mojo decimates anything from FiiO due to having a far better DAC, also the Mojo doesn't have many sound altering components in its output stage which is good.

+1000000. The only question is whether your source has USB out. Because the Chord Mojo does not have analog in. Otherwise the A5 is only an amp, the Mojo is a superb DAC and an amp. You can also use coax input to the Mojo.

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #4 of 21
As stated above the A5 is only an Amp so very different in purpose to the mojo , your decision should be based on the Source device you're using (& quality of it's DAC). I bought an A5 to boost the volume on my AK70 Mkii DAP (via headphone port) and it's a good portable amp (drives HD660s reasonably well), but I did suffer double amping SQ degradation. I eventually bit the bullet and purchased an iFi iDSD BL which hooks up to the AK70 Mkii via usb directly into the DAC on the iDSD.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 21
I think it is a little weird to compare A5 and Chord Mojo because A5 is just an amp but Mojo is a DAC/AMP combo. If you can get Mojo at a good price, why not? It is always a good choice for lots of people in this community (including me).

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 21
I think it is a little weird to compare A5 and Chord Mojo because A5 is just an amp but Mojo is a DAC/AMP combo. If you can get Mojo at a good price, why not? It is always a good choice for lots of people in this community (including me).

Because if my DAC is good enough and A5 is comparable to the Mojo, then I might as well save some money and get the A5. But if the Mojo is actually better, than I might just get that instead.

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #9 of 21
yeah pretty much
It makes more sense now. What DAC are you using? I think having a stack (separated) will be better as compared to a combo because you will have more flexibility in changing. You can do this to mojo because if not mistaken it can bypass its built in amplifier.

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #11 of 21
Do V30+ support line out? If not connecting an amp would it cause a double amplification? I know that there is an external aux device mode but I am not very sure whether it is the line out mode. I am using G6 btw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back