FIIO 2024 New Product Schedule-From FIIO James
Feb 3, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #91 of 180
@FiiO

Wonderful new earphones but what we really need is a flagship single DD one.
Come on, bring us the FD19.

batman-batsignal-michael-keaton.gif

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #92 of 180
(11) Active Speaker

Our senior fans might know that FIIO's first product was a small speaker. Later, we stumbled into the unfamiliar territory of the HiFi headphone market. Therefore, we still have a deep understanding of technology and the market for speakers.

In short, in the low-end market, domestic brands like Edifier, have already dominated the market with their advantages in quantity and supply chain, squeezing out any profit margins.

In the high-end market, foreign brands have their brand advantage. After all, they've been in the industry for so many years. Not to mention the technology and sound quality, the market itself is not large. Let alone new brands, even Edifier has not won.

So why did FIIO release the active speaker SP3 in 2023? This goes back to FIIO's product concept of the FIIO HiFi Desktop System. We found that many users of FIIO DAC/Amps use them for both headphones and speakers. Therefore, considering the system configuration and ecological needs, we decided to create a desktop HiFi system for FIIO users, so that these products can be better matched in appearance, functionality, and sound quality.

In 2024, FIIO's speakers will continue to make up for deficiencies, and the two delayed speakers will be produced. If possible, we will also make a more cost-effective entry-level model, the SP1. Below is a brief introduction:

1. SP3 BT
This is to add the Bluetooth reception function to the SP3. The SP3 was originally intended to be paired with FIIO's desktop DAC/Amps or the all-in-one unit R7, as well as FIIO's Bluetooth receivers such as the BR13 and BTA30 Pro. So when we designed it, we didn't consider adding Bluetooth function, because our DAC/Amps, R7, and Bluetooth receivers all support Bluetooth reception.

However, many consumers hope that we can add the Bluetooth reception function so that they can use it even if they don't buy FIIO's desktop DAC/Amps or the R7.

Moreover, we hope to see how much the addition of Bluetooth input function will affect sales. This is the same principle as the K7 and K7 BT.

The SP3 BT is expected to be released in March.

2. SP5
The SP3 is positioned to form the best sound quality and space solution with the R7. Although with the same size (desktop space), the SP3 has its own advantages in sound quality compared with foreign brands, it has an advantage in offer price. However, the sound quality of the speaker (especially in terms of low frequency, dynamics, and maximum THD+N) is still significantly affected by the diaphragm diameter and size of the speaker.

Therefore, the positioning of the SP5 is one level higher than the SP3, and it is still truly independent-driven (both left and right speakers have built-in amplifiers). The appearance is basically an enlarged version of the SP3, and aluminum alloy die-casting technology is still applied.

At present, the SP5 is still in the tuning stage, and we expect it to be released in June.

3. SP1
Looking at the model number, you may know that the SP1 is the entry-level model of FIIO speakers. However, according to the appearance style, we may not necessarily call it SP1, since it looks unlike the SP3 and SP5.

As an entry-level model, the biggest difference is that it will use much lower-cost wooden cabinets (in fact, we are reluctant to make a wooden cabinet series, because it will definitely compete with Edifier).

At present, the appearance design has not been finalized so far. After all, it is challenging to control costs, while making them different and recognizable.

So, at that time, we will introduce some of the solutions that we are satisfied with for you to decide.

Therefore, it is still difficult to determine the release time of the SP1.

In general, FIIO's purpose in making speakers is not to make money, but to create a HiFi desktop system.
Pls Fiio include a sub out on this active speakers and also a function that cuts out the sub-bass from the speakers and the higher frequencies on the subwoofer like Klipsch does with his own active speakers

Feb 3, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #93 of 180
@FiiO are you planning to show FD15 at CanJam NYC next month?
Dear friend,

If the demo is available at that time, we will bring it to CanJam NYC.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 3, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #94 of 180
(13) DD and BA In-Ear Monitors

Let's start with balanced armature (BA) IEMs. We are not very clear about the sales situation of other brands, but FIIO's BA IEMs have never been very successful. First, it may be because we insist on using costly imported driver units. Even though we set our profits very low, our retail price is much higher than other manufacturers that use domestic BA drivers (no offense to domestic BA drivers). Second, we have been relatively restrained by the number of driver units. While others start with ten BA drivers, our unit count doesn't seem as appealing.

However, considering the support from our loyal users, we will still launch FIIO's flagship multi-driver BA IEM model, the FA19, in 2024. It is expected to be available in March. We really need your support for this. If it doesn't sell well, we may have to shut down this product line.

We have basically discontinued the production of other old BA IEMs. There may still be some stock available for sale in the market.

As for dynamic driver (DD) IEMs, it's also a very mature category. Maturity actually means limited innovation space. So, what we've seen in the past year is fierce competition. On one hand, there's the battle of budget IEMs. Due to the simple structure of dynamic drivers and limited tuning space, costs are relatively controllable. Therefore, decent sound quality can be achieved at the low price range of DD IEMs.

On the other hand, there are high-end DD IEMs, mainly relying on cables, housing materials, and some rare diaphragm materials to differentiate. As a result, the price continues to rise. After all, affluent consumers objectively exist, and where there's demand, there will be suppliers. This is a reasonable business logic, rather than saying that manufacturers are manipulating prices and exploiting consumers.

Because in a mature, open, and low-barrier market, manufacturers cannot exploit consumers, let alone manipulate prices. Demand creates the market, not the other way around. Of course, fraudulent practices in advertising are another issue.

Therefore, for brands like FIIO, which cannot lower prices and cannot raise them either, life is not easy. Although we have made several cost-effective DD IEMs such as the JD1, JD3 and FD11, and even the FD11 has received good reviews in the market, we have our own principles in market operations and advertising. So, our performance in the domestic market is average, but users in foreign markets still highly appreciate us.

In 2024, FIIO's new DD IEMs will only have one model, the FD15, which is the successor to the FD5. It is expected to be released in April. The FD15 basically retains the classic design of the FD5 in appearance, yet with significant improvements in wearing experience. As for sound quality, you can expect something special, because this time we've used technology from IEMs that are much more expensive in this price range.

Simply put, we're bringing down the technology of high-end dynamic driver IEMs to improve their cost-effectiveness.

Old models like the JD1 and JD3 under FIIO's sub-brand JadeAudio will continue to be sold normally. The FD3/FD3 Pro under the FIIO brand will also continue to be produced and sold.

Looking ahead to 2025, we'll reassess the market changes and product sales in 2024 and consolidate the product lines, no longer subdividing them into so many categories but integrating them into the in-ear series.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 3, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #95 of 180
(14) Retro Series (Cassette, Vinyl, CD)

First, let me share a story. I've been in the audio industry for over 30 years, making me somewhat of a veteran in the field. My interest in audio started when I was young, playing with Walkman devices. Earlier this year, I felt nostalgic and wanted to revisit that youthful feeling by finding a cassette player. After posting about it on the internet, a loyal fan gifted me their old SONY Walkman.

Unfortunately, due to its prolonged storage, the Walkman I received wasn't functioning properly. I then sought out a repair shop to refurbish it.

To be honest, even after the refurbishment, its condition wasn't ideal; it could barely play. This led me to consider making my own cassette player. Since the company's daily operations and existing product lines are well taken care of, and my role within the company is somewhat dispensable, I have the freedom to tinker with things I enjoy during my spare time.

And so, that's the story – creating products I enjoy and sharing them with consumers. I never expected such a big response, both domestically and internationally, including from users and the media.

Afterward, we conducted some serious research and found that there is indeed a considerable number of people who appreciate various retro products, such as CCD cameras, vinyl players, and CD players. Personally, I was also keen on rekindling the nostalgia of my youth.

And importantly, cassettes, vinyl, and CDs don't necessarily equate to inferior audio quality. While it's true that the technical specifications of these old products (signal-to-noise ratio, distortion, frequency response) don't match up to today's 192K/24B high-resolution lossless formats, audio quality isn't solely determined by technical specifications; it also includes tonality. Furthermore, even in terms of sheer technical specifications, they may not necessarily be worse than the 256Kbps MP3s most people listen to.

In fact, the reason these products have faded from the lives of ordinary consumers isn't primarily due to audio quality, but more so because of the user experience. After all, the mainstream music medium nowadays is digital, with 99.99% of it existing in low-bitrate MP3 formats. The introduction of 192K/24B high-resolution lossless formats hasn't phased out the MP3 format.

Therefore, these old products possess both the characteristics of the analog era (warm tonality) and a certain charm. They also serve as excellent decorations when placed at home.

As a result, we've decided to establish a dedicated department to revive (and indulge in) these old products.

Currently, we've planned three products:

1. CP13 Cassette Player
I won't go into detail about the CP13; it's already available for pre-order, with very few spots left.

2. TT13 vinyl turntable
This one features significant innovations in industrial design and functionality, and is expected to be released in July.

3. DP13 portable CD player
I've shared ID images of this one. It's expected to be released in August or September.

All three products share a commonality: they're not positioned as low-end products. We don't intend for them to be mere decorations or toys; audio quality takes precedence above all, followed by modern industrial design. They're not positioned as high-end either. This isn't because we don't want to strive for perfection, but rather due to external factors and considering our user base.

For example, concerning the cassette player's supply chain, most have essentially ceased production. Some may argue that our design capabilities don't match those of the cassette players from the '80s and '90s, and they would be somewhat correct. However, it's not fair to compare FIIO and a few manufacturers still producing cassette heads with the hundreds of thousands of companies thriving during the cassette's heyday thirty years ago.

Of course, there are those willing to invest significant capital (starting from millions of USD) in revival efforts, and they're likely to achieve some noteworthy results.

Take vinyl players, for example. I don't believe that high-end turntable users today (where even entry-level models cost upwards of thousands) would consider purchasing a FIIO turntable. This isn't a characteristic of FIIO's current typical user base either.

So, we're still committed to offering some products that are more affordable for our loyal users, with audio quality far surpassing those on the market that prioritize aesthetics over sound quality.

In summary, this series of products falls into the category of those I personally like and need. I'm the primary user, so it has to meet my satisfaction first and foremost.

Moreover, based on my satisfaction, I hope to share my joy and achievements with everyone. It's also a fitting time for a retro trend – the world is already so dull, so why not add some color and choices?

Feb 4, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #97 of 180

Let's start with balanced armature (BA) IEMs. We are not very clear about the sales situation of other brands, but FIIO's BA IEMs have never been very successful. First, it may be because we insist on using costly imported driver units. Even though we set our profits very low, our retail price is much higher than other manufacturers that use domestic BA drivers (no offense to domestic BA drivers). Second, we have been relatively restrained by the number of driver units. While others start with ten BA drivers, our unit count doesn't seem as appealing.

However, considering the support from our loyal users, we will still launch FIIO's flagship multi-driver BA IEM model, the FA19, in 2024. It is expected to be available in March. We really need your support for this. If it doesn't sell well, we may have to shut down this product line.

We have basically discontinued the production of other old BA IEMs. There may still be some stock available for sale in the market.

As for dynamic driver (DD) IEMs, it's also a very mature category. Maturity actually means limited innovation space. So, what we've seen in the past year is fierce competition. On one hand, there's the battle of budget IEMs. Due to the simple structure of dynamic drivers and limited tuning space, costs are relatively controllable. Therefore, decent sound quality can be achieved at the low price range of DD IEMs.

On the other hand, there are high-end DD IEMs, mainly relying on cables, housing materials, and some rare diaphragm materials to differentiate. As a result, the price continues to rise. After all, affluent consumers objectively exist, and where there's demand, there will be suppliers. This is a reasonable business logic, rather than saying that manufacturers are manipulating prices and exploiting consumers.

Because in a mature, open, and low-barrier market, manufacturers cannot exploit consumers, let alone manipulate prices. Demand creates the market, not the other way around. Of course, fraudulent practices in advertising are another issue.

Therefore, for brands like FIIO, which cannot lower prices and cannot raise them either, life is not easy. Although we have made several cost-effective DD IEMs such as the JD1, JD3 and FD11, and even the FD11 has received good reviews in the market, we have our own principles in market operations and advertising. So, our performance in the domestic market is average, but users in foreign markets still highly appreciate us.

In 2024, FIIO's new DD IEMs will only have one model, the FD15, which is the successor to the FD5. It is expected to be released in April. The FD15 basically retains the classic design of the FD5 in appearance, yet with significant improvements in wearing experience. As for sound quality, you can expect something special, because this time we've used technology from IEMs that are much more expensive in this price range.

Simply put, we're bringing down the technology of high-end dynamic driver IEMs to improve their cost-effectiveness.

Old models like the JD1 and JD3 under FIIO's sub-brand JadeAudio will continue to be sold normally. The FD3/FD3 Pro under the FIIO brand will also continue to be produced and sold.

Looking ahead to 2025, we'll reassess the market changes and product sales in 2024 and consolidate the product lines, no longer subdividing them into so many categories but integrating them into the in-ear series.
Is the JD7 still around? That's one of my favourite single DD IEM from FiiO line that I'm happy to recommend to anyone.

Feb 4, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #98 of 180

ozzy 4 gif.gif

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #99 of 180
(15) Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver Series

Originally, we thought to include this product line and cables with the peripheral series, but later, we thought it was better to have a separate section.

FIIO's Bluetooth transmitter/receiver series mainly aims to address the shortcomings of some old equipment that doesn't support Bluetooth or doesn't support high-definition Bluetooth. In fact, these products have quite large sales volumes and are relatively affordable. However, most of them only support standard Bluetooth codecs, and their craftsmanship, design, and sound quality are not geared towards audiophiles. So, many people have asked us to help solve this problem, and we've taken it upon ourselves to do so.

In 2024, we'll be adding 2 new models to this series.

1. Smartphone LDAC transmitter BT11
This is mainly aimed at mobile devices, especially since iPhones only support SBC/AAC transmission. It's quite a pity not to be able to connect them to high-end Bluetooth receivers.

So, we've designed a very compact accessory that supports LDAC transmission. Simply plug it into the interface of an iPhone, and you'll have LDAC transmission capability. In this way, iPhone users can finally enjoy better Bluetooth codecs.

It's worth noting that, for various reasons, we've decided to only make it compatible with the latest generation Type-C port iPhones and will no longer support the Lightning port. We hope you can understand this decision because the market potential is limited, and although there's a large inventory of old iPhones, consumers are gradually upgrading. We've experienced this firsthand.

Additionally, this accessory will not be priced very high. For us, the main goal is still to help users solve problems and improve the sales of our Bluetooth decoding earphones and other products, rather than expecting significant economic benefits.

Furthermore, the BT11 can also support the Nintendo Switch and can be plugged into computers, laptops, and other devices that support USB audio output to add LDAC transmission functionality.

The BT11 is expected to be available in the summer at an affordable price.

2. Bluetooth transmitter decoder all-in-one unit BTA50
The BTA50 is the flagship of the BTA series, mainly based on the BTA30 Pro with many additional features and ports to improve the user experience, as well as adopting the latest Qualcomm Bluetooth chip.

Currently, this product is still in the planning stage, so any demands or suggestions for the BTA50 are welcome. Here are a few main improvements:

(1) Added XLR balanced line output;
(2) Added quick switching/pairing buttons for multiple devices;
(3) Added a more intuitive large display screen (not yet certain whether it will be a display screen or more lights).

The BTA50 is expected to be available in the fall, with the price yet to be determined, but there will definitely be a significant difference from the BTA30 Pro. These two models are not substitutes but rather have different positioning.

Thus, in 2024, FIIO's Bluetooth transmitter/receiver peripheral products will include the smartphone LDAC transmitter BT11, desktop Bluetooth receiver BR13, BTA30 Pro, and BTA50.
1707182542143.png

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #100 of 180
(16) Accessories and Cables

Let's take a look at FIIO's accessories and cables. These accessories and cables are all designed to serve FIIO's own products. So, our business focus is not on them, but they are still worth mentioning.

1. FIIO multifunction dock DK1 Pro
FIIO started with dock products, mainly because we saw that Apple's iPod dock series (including dock speakers) sold so well. A convenient and easy-to-use dock can greatly enhance the user experience.

The positioning of DK1 Pro is to connect a Type-C smartphone to desktop decoders with USB inputs, creating a very convenient streaming media player.

Of course, some may say that they can buy a cheap smartphone stand and use a USB cable. But the difference is that while this dock outputs audio signals from the smartphone via USB, it can also be powered by the dock while charging the phone. It also supports fast charging (as long as the phone supports the universal PD fast charging protocol).

Furthermore, there are 3 Type-C ports on the dock. In addition to a power supply port and a USB port, you can also plug in a mobile storage device like a USB flash drive, greatly expanding the phone's storage capacity.

Compared to the relatively cumbersome installation and connection of universal stands, the DK1 Pro can be simply plugged in. It supports ordinary smartphones. Also, we've tried it with a 12-inch iPad Pro tablet, which works well.

So, a discontinued Android smartphone + a FIIO Bluetooth remote control + DK1 Pro + desktop DAC/Amp K9 Pro + FIIO SP3 + FIIO FT5, this is a system that may outperform any streaming media player in terms of functionality.

The DK1 Pro is expected to be available in March 2024, with a limited initial quantity (only a few hundred units) because my colleagues are not very optimistic, but I am confident.

2. Furukawa monocrystalline copper upgrade cable LL-RC
This is a swappable to dual 3.5mm plug cable, mainly used for matching FIIO headphones, but also suitable for some other brands of headphones. The wire core material is a 4-strand, 560-core coaxial braided structure of Furukawa monocrystalline copper. We have already used up our stock of Furukawa monocrystalline copper wires specifically stored, and this wire material is purchased from Furukawa and reprocessed in Taiwan. It comes in lengths of 1.5 meters and 3 meters, and the FT3 later producing will also switch to this wire material.

Here we would like to mention that Furukawa stopped producing monocrystalline copper wire bases for the HiFi industry a long time ago, but audiophiles need to distinguish between monocrystalline copper and monocrystalline copper wire bases. Monocrystalline copper wire base is made from monocrystalline copper material. So some brands say that the wire is Furukawa monocrystalline copper secondary smelted. You can ponder over the mysteries of this yourself.

Anyway, being able to continue using Furukawa monocrystalline copper is something worth celebrating.

The LL-RC is expected to be available in February.

3. Pure silver headphone upgrade cable LL-RD 2024
This is a swappable to dual 3.5mm plug cable, mainly used for matching FIIO headphones. The wire material is a 4-strand, 392-core pure silver wire base, the same specification as our current LC-RD earphone upgrade cable on sale. Its length is 1.5 meters, expected to be available in March 2024.

This cable is mainly to meet the tuning needs of some headphone users. Pure silver wire is believed to effectively enhance the brightness and richness of high frequencies, making it a commonly used cable admired by audiophiles.

Next are some upgraded models of old cable models with a brand-new design, characterized by a new elliptical shape, integrated casting process, gold-plated plugs with better feel, and texture. All wire cores have been upgraded to pure copper silver-plated wire, and they come in short, medium, and long lengths.

Some of these cables have already been stocked, and we hope to arrange for promotion and listing after they arrive. Otherwise, we really won't be able to keep up.

4. OTG charging cable (LT-TC5)

5. Dual RCA analog audio cable and RCA coaxial cable (LR-RCA4)

6. Digital audio coaxial cable (LC-RCA5)

7. Dual-head XLR balanced signal cable (1.5m)

8. Other Cables

Additionally, we will gradually introduce some other cables to meet the connection needs of our various products, such as 3.5mm to coaxial/optical cables, and dedicated cables for desktop devices.
Here are all the new product previews for 2024. There will inevitably be some adjustments and changes during the actual execution process. Therefore, this information is provided for reference only.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #101 of 180
2. Bluetooth transmitter decoder all-in-one unit BTA50
The BTA50 is the flagship of the BTA series, mainly based on the BTA30 Pro with many additional features and ports to improve the user experience, as well as adopting the latest Qualcomm Bluetooth chip.

Currently, this product is still in the planning stage, so any demands or suggestions for the BTA50 are welcome. Here are a few main improvements:

(1) Added XLR balanced line output;
(2) Added quick switching/pairing buttons for multiple devices;
(3) Added a more intuitive large display screen (not yet certain whether it will be a display screen or more lights).
Glad to see this, Im definitely in for one.

The ability to see bluetooth devices on the screen and have a selector for which one(s) to pair with is an absolute must. That is what made the BTA30 almost unusable.

Feb 11, 2024 at 6:30 AM Post #103 of 180
I would definitely buy upcoming M27 only if it will have an an option of user easy replaceable batteries inside on the go (a few 18650 accumulators). This is my main wish. Because the main problem that comes with modern expensive DAPs is an old/swollen battery replacement after some time of heavy usage. When I pay 1k + €/£/$ for a DAP I want to have futureproof long lasting device, otherwise it is a waste of money, and better worth buying desktop dac/amp with top grade conponents for that price. This is my point of view from many years experience.

Attachments

• 20221201-113335_.jpg
    20221201-113335_.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 0
Feb 11, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #105 of 180
I would definitely buy upcoming M27 only if it will have an an option of user easy replaceable batteries inside on the go (a few 18650 accumulators). This is my main wish. Because the main problem that comes with modern expensive DAPs is an old/swollen battery replacement after some time of heavy usage. When I pay 1k + €/£/$ for a DAP I want to have futureproof long lasting device, otherwise it is a waste of money, and better worth buying desktop dac/amp with top grade conponents for that price. This is my point of view from many years experience.
Absolutely agree. What a waste of money and materials due to a component that, sooner or later, has to be replaced. A simple, user friendly procedure for changing the bartery, as well as available spares, are badly needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back