FiiO 2023 New Product Schedule
Feb 20, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #61 of 504
(5) Bluetooth DAC/Amps preview and existing product information
In FiiO's history, Bluetooth DAP/Amps were actually a little earlier than compact portable DAC/Amps (USB dongles). They are important devices for many audiophiles who use cell phones to listen to music. Since 2016, FiiO started to develop Bluetooth devices, putting heavy investments in the wireless darkroom, RF instruments and other hardware facilities, Bluetooth antenna as well as software and hardware developers. It is no exaggeration to say that in this market segment, FiiO has become the brand with the most market share and the strongest developing ability in the world.
In 2023, we will not make many improvements in portable Bluetooth DAC/Amps, mainly because the development of Bluetooth technology has been relatively mature. And limited by size, output power and Bluetooth codecs, it is hard to make a big innovation. Here we would like to share our new products and review some of our previous products.
1. BTR15 (New), expected to be available in the fall
The BTR5 is the most successful portable Bluetooth DAC/Amp in the history of FiiO. It has been more than three years since it was released in October 2019. Thanks to the moderate price, exquisite and good-looking appearance, high-end configuration and high output power, it was even difficult to find a rival. Therefore, it was always out of stock.
The popularity of the BTR5 has set a benchmark in main configuration and design for this kind of product: full Bluetooth format support, with a display, both wired DAC and wireless HiFi support, dual DACs, both single-ended and balanced outputs support, an average body/weight.
So, although FiiO released the BTR7 after that, we believe the most classic one is still the BTR5. In 2023, after 4 years since the birth of the BTR5, we will introduce an iterated model of the BTR5. The main reason for this upgrade is that the Qualcomm 8675 has been on the market for too long and Qualcomm was no longer popularizing it, so it may be discontinued. Or, even if it is not discontinued, the lead time may be very long.
The BTR15 is currently under planning, so we don't have many details to share for the time being. But the 2.5+3.5mm output combination will certainly be changed to 3.5+4.4mm following the trend, so it will have a larger body than the BTR5. The Bluetooth chip may be upgraded to the QCC series, and for other features and specifications, we will also strive to make the BTR15 another classic product according to the chip supply and feedback from our early users.

2. BTR3K (existing model)
The BTR3K is also a classic model: full format support, good performance, warm sound quality, and single-ended and balanced output support. Before the BTR5 came out, it was the main model. Although the BTR5 stole its heat, it doesn't need too many functions and doesn't need to be able to work as a USB dongle if only working as a Bluetooth headphone amp. Overall, the BTR3K is tinier and more affordable.
The Bluetooth DAC/Amp market is still mainly for audiophiles. Currently, the BTR5 is more expensive yet with more sales volumes. Therefore, we are not planning to upgrade the BTR3K in 2023. When the chip is out of stock, it would retire naturally.

3. BTR7 (existing model)
In the beginning, we had some concerns about the BTR7. Because for FiiO's product lines, we define portable Bluetooth DAC/Amps as small and compact ones to differentiate them from portable DAC/Amps with Bluetooth reception, such as the Q7.
At that time, we were still uncertain whether to make a Bluetooth DAC/Amp that is bigger, significantly heavier and more expensive than the BTR5. In the end, we followed the principle of "practice makes perfect".
The BTR7 has exceeded our expectations. This should owe to its significantly higher output power than those mobile-powered dongles, plus the higher resolution display, MQA support, and the more popular 4.4mm balanced headphone output.
As a result, the BTR7 not only extends the product line, but also manages to become the hottest-selling high-end Bluetooth DAC/Amp on the market.

This is great news. I own the BTR5 and the BTR7. Both are very good but it’s true that the BTR5 has superior industrial design and a better overall size. Sounds like the BTR15 will be an instant buy for me. I just hope it’s either metal on the back or comes with a nice protective case. I shattered the glass on the back of my BTR5 just by dropping it.

Feb 21, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #63 of 504
(6) TWS headphones preview and existing product information
TWS headphones are the most popular and profitable product in the consumer electronics market besides mobile phones in the past few years. Like Apple, the profit of AirPods and AirPods Pro is more than the sum of the profit of several Chinese mobile phone brands. One of the main reasons is that TWS headphones greatly facilitate users. Of course, features like active noise cancellation also give users many benefits that ordinary wired headphones cannot provide.
FiiO has also been putting a lot of effort into developing TWS-related products, such as the TWS ear hook series, the UTWS1/3/5, and TWS headphones, the FW1/5, EW1, etc..
But practically speaking, not just FiiO, brands like Sennheiser, Audio-Technica and other big HiFi headphone brands at home and abroad cannot take a place and make money in the TWS market yet. The main reason is that mobile phone brands are the main leaders in this market, while headphone brands are less competitive in any aspect.
However, we have seen a lot of market research reports that exposed that consumers focused the most on sound quality for TWS products. So, will it succeed if developing them with HiFi sound quality? We are still working hard on it, expecting to provide one more choice for our users, so that they can enjoy the convenience brought by TWS without giving up the sound quality.
1. UTWS15 ((NEW), expected to be available in the fall
The UTWS15 is the upgrade model of the UTWS5. The core architecture of the UTWS5 is still the one with the best sound quality among TWS products, because ordinary TWS products still choose the integrated DAC, which has weaker audio performance than the independent HiFi DAC used in the UTWS5. Even for the new TWS from vivo, we later got to know it used an independent DAC because it is attached to the noise cancellation function, but not using it for better sound quality like us.
So, the main progress of the UTWS15 is in some details of the experience, such as the size and weight of the charging case, the size and weight of the ear hook, as well as the new design of the contact connection. Old UTWS5 users are not necessary to upgrade it.
2. FW3 (NEW), expected to be available in the fall
The FW5 is the HiFi TWS earbuds released by FiiO last year, with very high configurations in all aspects, which is essentially fixed with 1 dynamic driver + 2 Knowles balanced armature acoustic solution based on the UTWS5. Although we have tried to keep the cost down, its price is still a little high compared to ordinary TWS products.
Therefore, we may change the acoustic solution to a single dynamic driver on the basis of the FW5 to see if we can expand the market and increase sales with a reduced price.
3. UTWS3 (existing model)
Although the architecture of the UTWS3 is not as advanced as the UTWS5, the addition of the independent headphone amplifier still made a great contribution to the sound quality improvement, especially those dynamic earphones that require high output power with low sensitivity. It is appropriate to connect them with the UTWS3, and the price is reasonable.
By the way, the design, features and sound quality of the UTWS3 were the top compared to similar TWS ear hooks.
UTWS3.jpg
4. UTWS5 (existing model)
The sound quality of the UTWS5 is the top among current TWS products. It is just the right one to help audiophiles upgrade their detachable wired earbuds to TWS ones, convenient and cost-efficient. Therefore, the UTWS5 has also been warmly welcomed by users since its release. From a certain point of view, audiophiles actually do not reject TWS, and recognize the sound quality of the UTWS5.
UTWS5.jpg
5. FW5 (existing model)
We introduced the FW5 earlier, i.e. the UTWS5 + HiFi earbuds. Compared to the UTWS5, it fits more with users' habits of TWS products, while the UTWS5 is a bit like a sports TWS.
All in all, we have no plans to upgrade the FW5 this year. If you are interested in it, don't miss the chance.
FW5.png

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 21, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #66 of 504
(6) TWS headphones preview and existing product information
TWS headphones are the most popular and profitable product in the consumer electronics market besides mobile phones in the past few years. Like Apple, the profit of AirPods and AirPods Pro is more than the sum of the profit of several Chinese mobile phone brands. One of the main reasons is that TWS headphones greatly facilitate users. Of course, features like active noise cancellation also give users many benefits that ordinary wired headphones cannot provide.
FiiO has also been putting a lot of effort into developing TWS-related products, such as the TWS ear hook series, the UTWS1/3/5, and TWS headphones, the FW1/5, EW1, etc..
But practically speaking, not just FiiO, brands like Sennheiser, Audio-Technica and other big HiFi headphone brands at home and abroad cannot take a place and make money in the TWS market yet. The main reason is that mobile phone brands are the main leaders in this market, while headphone brands are less competitive in any aspect.
However, we have seen a lot of market research reports that exposed that consumers focused the most on sound quality for TWS products. So, will it succeed if developing them with HiFi sound quality? We are still working hard on it, expecting to provide one more choice for our users, so that they can enjoy the convenience brought by TWS without giving up the sound quality.
1. UTWS15 ((NEW), expected to be available in the fall
The UTWS15 is the upgrade model of the UTWS5. The core architecture of the UTWS5 is still the one with the best sound quality among TWS products, because ordinary TWS products still choose the integrated DAC, which has weaker audio performance than the independent HiFi DAC used in the UTWS5. Even for the new TWS from vivo, we later got to know it used an independent DAC because it is attached to the noise cancellation function, but not using it for better sound quality like us.
So, the main progress of the UTWS15 is in some details of the experience, such as the size and weight of the charging case, the size and weight of the ear hook, as well as the new design of the contact connection. Old UTWS5 users are not necessary to upgrade it.
2. FW3 (NEW), expected to be available in the fall
The FW5 is the HiFi TWS earbuds released by FiiO last year, with very high configurations in all aspects, which is essentially fixed with 1 dynamic driver + 2 Knowles balanced armature acoustic solution based on the UTWS5. Although we have tried to keep the cost down, its price is still a little high compared to ordinary TWS products.
Therefore, we may change the acoustic solution to a single dynamic driver on the basis of the FW5 to see if we can expand the market and increase sales with a reduced price.
3. UTWS3 (existing model)
Although the architecture of the UTWS3 is not as advanced as the UTWS5, the addition of the independent headphone amplifier still made a great contribution to the sound quality improvement, especially those dynamic earphones that require high output power with low sensitivity. It is appropriate to connect them with the UTWS3, and the price is reasonable.
By the way, the design, features and sound quality of the UTWS3 were the top compared to similar TWS ear hooks.
UTWS3.jpg
4. UTWS5 (existing model)
The sound quality of the UTWS5 is the top among current TWS products. It is just the right one to help audiophiles upgrade their detachable wired earbuds to TWS ones, convenient and cost-efficient. Therefore, the UTWS5 has also been warmly welcomed by users since its release. From a certain point of view, audiophiles actually do not reject TWS, and recognize the sound quality of the UTWS5.
UTWS5.jpg
5. FW5 (existing model)
We introduced the FW5 earlier, i.e. the UTWS5 + HiFi earbuds. Compared to the UTWS5, it fits more with users' habits of TWS products, while the UTWS5 is a bit like a sports TWS.
All in all, we have no plans to upgrade the FW5 this year. If you are interested in it, don't miss the chance.
FW5.png
Will you be adding LDAC support to the UTWS15? LDAC is the only high-resolution Bluetooth codec supported by Samsung smartphones. This is the only thing holding me back from picking one up. AptX LL would be nice too for gaming.

Feb 21, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #67 of 504
UTWS15 ((NEW), expected to be available in the fall
Does it still use the same QCC5141 and AK4332 chipsets then?
Ill still buy it even though I have a UTWS5 already just for the better electrical connection. lol. But I was really hoping to see the main chipset be upgraded to at least a QCC5171 or more preferably the new QCC5181.

Feb 22, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #69 of 504
(7) Hybrid driver IEMs preview and existing product information

The product line of hybrid driver IEMs is the longest product category in FiiO's headphone line, and the most popular type. The main reason should be attributed to the fact that hybrid driver IEMs combine the sound advantages of both dynamic driver and BA IEMs. And after so many years of development with research on electronic and acoustic crossover technologies, the integration of DD and BA units has been greatly improved.

In 2023, we have only planned a new hybrid driver IEM, the FH11. Other models are still very competitive. Currently, we also need a period of time to seek technical breakthroughs and precipitation, and strive to make greater improvements in the next generation of products.

1. FH11 (NEW), expected to be available in the summer
The FH11 is the upgrade model of the FH1S. So it still features the DD+BA setup. The 1st generation is the FH1 released in 2017, and the 2nd generation is the FH1S released in 2019. Now it's almost 4 years. The FH series can be considered a classic, very suitable for junior audiophiles.

Both the FH1 and FH1S feature a plastic shell. But this time, we will make a big adjustment to the design by changing the plastic shell to a metal one, which will improve the performance and texture. At the same time, we will also make a greater innovation in the diaphragm material and acoustic cavity design. The FH11 will go further than its predecessors.

2. FH3 (existing model)
The FH3 is also a classic model continuing the design of the F9/F9 Pro. It has been on the market for almost 3 years now since 2020, and is still very capable and the main model in FiiO's hybrid driver IEM line. The FH3 features 1 dynamic driver and 2 balanced armatures, 5-axis CNC-processed aluminum alloy outer shell and a stereo textured appearance design. It can achieve great balances between low, mid, and high frequencies. With popular sound tuning, esp. suitable for Euro-American pop, it is warmly welcomed in Europe and America.
FH3.png
3. FH15 (existing model)
The FH15 is the upgrade model of the FH5S, featuring 1 dynamic driver and 3 balanced armatures. Also, it is the first product following FiiO's
newest naming rules in 2022.

The FH15 returns to a more comfortable olive cavity for better wearing comfort. It also continues the sophisticated acoustic notch filter devolved from the flagship model. The headphone cable has been upgraded and the plug upgraded to the latest interchangeable type. Besides, it includes FiiO's self-developed HS18 silicone ear tips.
FH15.jpg
4. FH7S (existing model)

The FH7S has a 1DD+4BA architecture and is the iteration model of the former flagship FH7. Based on the FH7, it continues FiiO's latest family industrial design, being bolder and more aggressive. Also, it uses the acclaimed DLC diaphragm with a notch filter design that has rarely been seen in FiiO's previous earphones. It also features a semi-open acoustic design and interchangeable 2.5/3.5/4.4mm headphone plugs.
FH7S.jpg
5. FH9 (existing model)

The FH9 is our flagship and technical masterpiece among FiiO's hybrid driver IEMs using 1 dynamic driver and 6 balanced armatures. It has become a very hot product since its release in 2022. Or we can say that it is the highest-rated IEM in terms of sound quality among audiophiles that FiiO has ever released. They joked that if you have the FH9, you will want to stop being an audiophile.

The unique features of the FH9 are the titanium shell, precise acoustic filtering, interchangeable tuning nozzle, and pure silver headphone cable. The sound is neutral and atmospheric with a wide soundstage that can greatly handle all types of music.
FH9.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 22, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #70 of 504
Please release a UTWS with the standalone AptX LL, instead of only the adaptive Aptx version.

Aptx Adaptive latency is higher than AptX LL. And even if I could get deal with that, I don't trust Aptx to reliably decide whether I am listening to music or playing games. I do both at the same time. And I'd rather not use a 'game mode'. I trust Aptx LL more than a game mode for Aptx Adaptive. It's also incompatible with my BTA30 Pro.

I really want a UTWS, but its useless for me without Aptx LL. Playing games is literally my job, which supports my audio hobby in the first place.

I will continue using the BTR series until you decide to end support for the Aptx LL. If that happens, I will have to find another brand product or find old Fiio products in the used market and learn to replace batteries.

As mentioned, I play games and listen to music. So as another suggestion.. a multipoint feature that mixes both audio simultaneously would be amazing.

I only say these things, because I love your products. I have a BTA30, BTA30 PRO, BTR3K. Also a UTWS3 for my wife. I wanna use it, but no Aptx LL. :frowning2:

I'm also very interested in your Planar IEM. I'd love to be able to recommend your new products to my gaming viewer audience, instead of just your classic products.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #71 of 504
Please release a UTWS with the standalone AptX LL, instead of only the adaptive Aptx version.

Aptx Adaptive latency is higher than AptX LL. And even if I could get deal with that, I don't trust Aptx to reliably decide whether I am listening to music or playing games. I do both at the same time. And I'd rather not use a 'game mode'. I trust Aptx LL more than a game mode for Aptx Adaptive. It's also incompatible with my BTA30 Pro.

I really want a UTWS, but its useless for me without Aptx LL. Playing games is literally my job, which supports my audio hobby in the first place.

I will continue using the BTR series until you decide to end support for the Aptx LL. If that happens, I will have to find another brand product or find old Fiio products in the used market and learn to replace batteries.

As mentioned, I play games and listen to music. So as another suggestion.. a multipoint feature that mixes both audio simultaneously would be amazing.

I only say these things, because I love your products. I have a BTA30, BTA30 PRO, BTR3K. Also a UTWS3 for my wife. I wanna use it, but no Aptx LL. :frowning2:

I'm also very interested in your Planar IEM. I'd love to be able to recommend your new products to my gaming viewer audience, instead of just your classic products.
I 100% agree. Not to mention that the Steam Deck only supports AptX LL and not AptX Adaptive.

Mar 8, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #74 of 504
(8) Open earbuds preview and existing product information

1. FF1 (NEW), expected to be available in the fall
The FF1 is actually intended to replace our earliest EM3/EM3K, to provide a budget model for users. The design is not yet finalized, so you can still give us any suggestions.

All in all, we hope that the FF1 can not only meet most users' preference for the special tone to earbuds, but also can keep the price down, so that our users can afford to take one at home, one in the car, one at the office...

2. FF3 (existing model)
The "drum" type design of the FF3 is impressive, and has been acclaimed by users. It was quite hard to design such a special product that took good care of acoustic performance. So were the FF3 and FF5. This is our determination to pursue innovation.

The FF3 still adopts the bass-enhancing acoustic flute design which results in robust bass, stainless steel housing, silver-plated monocrystalline copper cable, as well as interchangeable 3.5/4.4mm audio plugs.
image (1).jpeg
3. FF5 (existing model)
The FF5 adopts the latest design language. We can see there is a connection in the ID design between the FF5 and the over-ear headphones FT3 released in early 2023. The biggest difference with the FF3 is that the FF5 is our first earbud model with a detachable cable with the latest carbon-based diaphragm. The tuning is different from the FF3. It focuses on vocals. Besides, the stock cable has also been upgraded.

The FF5 was joked about by users as the most successful product of FiiO in 2022 after it was released. It is out of stock now.
image (2).jpeg

We hope that we can always be here with those who love earbuds. As time goes by, earbuds may disappear, but we will cherish the times when they are still here.
image (3).jpeg

Mar 8, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #75 of 504
As time goes by, earbuds may disappear, but we will cherish the times when they are still here.

Maybe I’m an optimist but I doubt this will happen. Wired will continue to be relevant.

Anyway, I’ve had the FF5 for about a month and they’re superb. The fit could be better but the sound is fantastic. The FF3 is on my “to-buy” list now for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back