FiiO 2022 Autumn Launch Event·III on Sept. 29. See you then.
Sep 29, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #31 of 72
The K7 features an all-aluminum alloy construction, carefully finished with CNC and other processes. Its elegant black color is perfectly complemented by the gold accents of THX and Hi-Res Audio badges topped with a splash of color from the RGB lights for a thoroughly luxurious appearance. Thanks to ADC curve reconstruction, experience a smooth 112 steps of adjustable volume free of channel imbalances and noise for a more natural and smooth volume adjustment. It only measures 55mm thick, and features commonly used USB, optical, coaxial and RCA inputs, as well as 6.35mm SE, 4.4mm BAL and RCA outputs to provide you with more options.
In terms of parameters, the SNR under BAL output goes more than 120dB; noise floor under SE output is less than 4.4uV while BAL output is less than 7.7uV. The whole device only weighs 610g. A light body makes for robust performance.
As a result, the K7 can be used in varieties of cases- connect to computers and laptops via a USB cable, or to active speakers and audio players to form a desktop audio system.
That's all for the desktop DAC/Amp K7. The MSRP (in the US market) goes to 199.99 USD. It will be available on our AliExpress Store in October. Please keep an eye on our official news for more details.
Thanks for not adding Bluetooth. I don't use it and not interested in paying for it.
Now just the € RRP would be interesting?

Sep 29, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #33 of 72
Q7 will beat all other portable dac/amp with the price and features in the market today.
I think it would go even further, this is akin to a portable K9. The abililty to go total-DC means it's powerful and versatile so much it can mog a LOT of competitors and at a great price!

Sep 29, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #35 of 72
Hi @FiiO , the Q7 looks fantastic!
Couple of questions:

- Will the usb c input be UAC1 compliant to use it with consoles such as the ps5/Nintendo switch?
- Will the Q7 be compatible with Fiio App to use the parametric equalizer? Hopefully with added high and low shelf filters that are missing at the moment.

Thanks!

Sep 29, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #36 of 72
Pricing is good. K7 looks like a superb entry level gear. I was expecting more like an affordable upgrade type of product with more power though. Most people already have entry level gear. Give us high power affordable dac amp combo to drive currenty hungry planars, HE6se etc.

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #38 of 72
Both K7 and Q7 looks great! Though I hate USB-B :relaxed:
How noisy is fan in the Q7 stand?
Is Q7 really that hot or the stand is more for convenience/long listening sessions?
Thanks
Probably same one as m17. Sound demos from reviews showed it as being loud.

Sep 30, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #39 of 72
The selling price of the FiiO K7 is very attractive.
The M11S, which recently went on sale in Japan, was more expensive due to the exchange rate and global situation. I would be happy if the price of the K7 can be kept down in Japan.

Sep 30, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #41 of 72
1. Both the K7 and Q7 can be connected to the PL50, and their required DC voltage is 12V;
2. The Q7 supports UAC1.0 mode;
3. The Q7 does not support LINE IN, but it supports LINE OUT (including balanced LINE OUT).
Please comment below if you have any questions about the two machine!
11875413.gif

Attachments

• 1664521006196.gif
    1664521006196.gif
    8.4 MB · Views: 0
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 30, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #43 of 72
I currently own an E10K + AKG K7XX Headphones

I love how compact this thing is, and that it's powered by USB.

Do you have plans for a USB C Powered K5 or K7 approach? Or maybe a more powerful K3?

I would hate having a separate barrel connector, but I do need something more powerful than your E10K or K3 options.

Thoughts?

Sep 30, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #44 of 72
Please comment below if you have any questions about the two machine!
Hi @FiiO — I asked this earlier but it got buried in the pace of the thread:

Could I connect a turntable phono preamplifier to the RCA input, connect powered speakers to the RCA output, and use K7’s volume knob to control the level of the analog audio signal sent to the speakers?

Sep 30, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #45 of 72
To sum up, the main features of the Q7 are as follows: 16-core XMOS XU316 USB DAC chip, ES9038PRO, THX AAA 788+ module exclusively used in desktop devices, Qualcomm flagship Bluetooth QCC5124 chip, MQA full decoding, PD fast charging support, 5 mixed gain levels, color display, rich inputs and outputs, incredible output power, superior SNR and THD+N, etc. For more details, please check on the product page on our website.
The MSRP (in the US market) goes to 749.99 USD. It will be available on our AliExpress Store in October. Please keep an eye on our official news for more details.
By the way, we conducted a survey on the usage scenarios of portable DAC/Amps, and found that more than half of the users use them to bundle with their mobile phones. In order to achieve a better experience for users who are accustomed to bundling, we are planning to develop a magnetic bundling kit to adapt to the Q7. Put the phone on the kit, and bundle the kit with the Q7 leatherette case with the magnetic suction. If you have any suggestions, please leave us a message. We will step further based on your needs.
That's all for the launch event. Thank you so much for your attention. See you next time~~
@FiiO thanks for the updates. Just wanted to ask, is the output power of the Q7, in its various modes, per channel output? Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back