FiiO 2021 Spring New Products
Mar 31, 2021 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
This year is a bit special. As usual, we should do better preparations, complete mass production and then hold a formal launch event. Now due to the epidemic, AKM fire, and the accidental information exposure of our M17 by iF official, some of the new products we plan to release have been known and discussed in advance.

Now that this is where we are, we have no choice but to gradually share some information about our new products. But please give us some understanding. Since these products are not ready to go on sale, we are unable to tell you the exact release time and price. Even their functions and performances have the possibility to be adjusted. Therefore, it is not because we try to hide them deliberately, but we just cannot tell you in advance what is undecided.

FiiO's new products include the music player M11Plus, K9Pro and FH5S, which are planned to enter the market in spring, and the M17 in summer which was accidentally exposed. Among them, the most popular ones are the M11Plus and M17. Many people have a lot of questions for me. So, today I would like to talk about how FiiO positioned the three products, and give some suggestions for our old users of the FiiO M11/M11Pro/M15.

1. M11Plus: this model is a replacement for the M11Pro whose chip and display screen were discontinued. To make it brief, it is to upgrade the processor and display screen of the M11Pro. Three models of the M11Plus are planned in the future, the regular edition with the AK4497, the stainless steel edition, and the M11Plus E with ESS DAC that may be released at the end of the year (this is a plan). Due to the small number of the AK4497, and the sales requirement for the global market, the quantity that can be supplied in May is not much. In addition, the cost of the M11Plus has increased a lot, so the retail price will be increased significantly compared to the M11Pro. It is still under consideration.

2. M17: the M17 is a new product for FiiO trying to extend upward its player product line, so there is no substitute relationship between the existing players and it. It is also our attempt at the ultimate form of portable desktop players, especially the ports and driven capacity leaning to desktop systems. It is destined to be a product unsuitable for most people due to its size, weight, heat and price.

In addition, the design style this time is more personalized. Concluding from the current feedback, those who like it like it a lot while there are also many dislikes. This depends on individuals.

So, to summarize it:

If you have never made a purchase of a player before, it is recommended to take the M11Plus. Or, the small amount in stock M11Pro/M15 available from our sales agents is also a very good choice.

If you are an old user of the M11Pro, there is no need to get an M11Plus unless you require a better using experience, like the upgraded processor, enlarged RAM and bigger display screen. Instead, the M15S planning to come out at the end of this year or early next year will be a great consideration.

If you are an old user of the M15 fond of new devices, technologies and ESS DAC, you can take the M11 Plus for fun and later upgrade to the M17. Otherwise, the M15 will be enough, except that its driven capacity is not as good as the M17 and other small deficiencies (slower processor, apple music nonsupport). It is recommended to keep using it for two more years.

Here, I would like to briefly introduce the appearance design of the M11Plus, M15, and M17.

Due to the small supply of the display screen, the M11Plus has upgraded its display to a 5.5 inch one. Plus the stable scroll wheel taking up the space of the battery, the shape of the M11 Plus looks more neat and structured with supple grip sense.

As for the M15, it was specially designed with rounded sides considering the weight and size. Otherwise, we would feel bad when holding it in our hands. In fact, the industrial design of the M15 has been affirmed by users. Of course, the industrial design is not the appearance design. There are still many people who like the design of M11Pro.

The M17 takes a freestyle. Because its design goal is a portable device, small size and lightweight are definitely not the right choice for it. For this reason, it is made like a square box with the highest space utilization. In order to make it look more attractive, we used some sections, decorations, and even RGB atmosphere lights to enrich its shape. Therefore, it is foreseeable that the personalization of its appearance will lead to divided opinions of our users.

At last, from the RK3188 series starting with the X7, to the Exymos7872 series starting with the M11, and to the Qualcomm 660 series starting with the M11Plus, we FiiO is constantly growing and improving. I hope that this new generation can continue the success of the previous two generations and be loved by our users.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 1, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 47
Also very glad I have the m11 Pro which has been a delight to use with IEM's.

I don't plan to drive full sized cans out of a DAP. That's not what they were designed for.

Fabulous information. And the option to choose between AK and ESS chips in the future? i.e. two models will be running concurrently for the m11 Plus?

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #6 of 47

I don't plan to drive full sized cans out of a DAP. That's not what they were designed for.

Fabulous information. And the option to choose between AK and ESS chips in the future? i.e. two models will be running concurrently for the m11 Plus?
I dont think you can choose which version you want since AKM4497 and 4499 is limited right now.. let say if AKM version is sold out then you will have to stick with ESS version..

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #7 of 47
What version of Android for M11Plus and M17? Thanks!
Android 10.

I guess the M11 Plus is the replacement of the M11 Pro with Android 10, new screen and a few other enhancements. No idea about price but probably 800USD. The M11 Plus E has a ES9068AS DAC but it will only be available by the end of the year.

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #9 of 47
Seriously?

I did not know these new DAPs were releasing....

I just sadly sold my M15 because I want to try other DAPs and cannot afford 2 DAPs anymore with a chance I will rebuy the M15 in the future and now there is a M17 and new versions of the M11 Pro and M15...

Things are getting interesting!

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #12 of 47
Ok now I really regret buying my M15 recently, That M17 is sounding mighty appealing right now. Especially Apple Music Support that alone makes me ANGRY (Pun intended). Well if anyone wants to buy a 3 week old M15 you know who to hit up. 😉

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #13 of 47
Great and necessary update to the M11 series with the plus but i am worrying the new Snapdragon 660 SOC update might bring the price up :/

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #14 of 47
Is the M17 targeted at the iBasso Max market? Seems like (at least design-wise) it's leaning that way.

Apr 1, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #15 of 47
Is the M17 targeted at the iBasso Max market? Seems like (at least design-wise) it's leaning that way.
Probably, it would appeal to users like me who are looking for options to drive full sized headphones while I walk around my home.

Also this device can be utilized as a mid level desktop Amp/dac as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back