FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Jan 11, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #256 of 803
Hi.
I have a question. I am considering buying the BTR1 for using with Fiio F9 and Sennheiser Momentum, both with in-line remote. Will the in-line remotes work as usual? Or will it be override by the BTR1 remote?

I do not have the fiio f9 but I do have the Xiaomi piston 3 and the stock Samsung android headset. the in-line remote (volume and play/pause) did not work on both. You will have to use the BTR1 remote.

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #257 of 803
Hi.
I have a question. I am considering buying the BTR1 for using with Fiio F9 and Sennheiser Momentum, both with in-line remote. Will the in-line remotes work as usual? Or will it be override by the BTR1 remote?
Hi grininja, good question. I have always been using it with my nuforce edc with braided cable (no inline remote) and so have nv think about this before. Just tried it with my sony xb75ap with inline remote. The remote on my sony doesn't work. U can only talk through the mic from the btr1, volume and song skipping have to be done via ur phone. Maybe someone else can try with other brand to see if there is exception.

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #258 of 803
I do not have the fiio f9 but I do have the Xiaomi piston 3 and the stock Samsung android headset. the in-line remote (volume and play/pause) did not work on both. You will have to use the BTR1 remote.
Hi neozengar, ur btr1 have play/pause function? How do u do it?

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #260 of 803
Wow good for you. Me pressing on the middle button does not dp anything. Except if i double tap activates the surround effect. Im using samsung s7 edge.

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #262 of 803
Does the volume button work on the BTR1?
Yes volume button work. The middle button serve no function for me except to activate surround effect. Wondering if is because im playing through spotify..

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #263 of 803
Wow good for you. Me pressing on the middle button does not dp anything. Except if i double tap activates the surround effect. Im using samsung s7 edge.

I use the BTR1 with a Samsung S7. The BTR1's middle button play/pauses the S7, and and the volume button changes the volume (maye just the BTR1 volume though).

Note however that the middle button doesn't work with all S7 apps. It for sure works with the Samsung Music app. It does not work with the Frisky Radio app.

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #264 of 803
I use the BTR1 with a Samsung S7. The BTR1's middle button play/pauses the S7, and and the volume button changes the volume (maye just the BTR1 volume though).

Note however that the middle button doesn't work with all S7 apps. It for sure works with the Samsung Music app. It does not work with the Frisky Radio app.
Think you are right. Might be i'm using spotify. Volume button changes the volume on the btr1 only. The volume on the phone stay the same.

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #266 of 803
I would recommend that you try it with other apps, such as YouTube, Pandora, etc. The button did not work with Spotify before the most recent update. Now it does. I think it is something to do with Spotify.
Oh how do we update the btr1?

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #267 of 803
Oh, that's not good news for me. I was hoping that I could throw the BTR1 in the jeans' pocket and control the music through in-line remote (cause I'm used to it and it is less intrusive and easy to use).
I mean... that's a deal breaker for me, I change the tracks and volume all the time on the go and it's much simple to do it near my neck, either with warm clothes or just a t-shirt.
Btw, I'm using an Xperia XC mostly with Spotify and Sony's music player.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #269 of 803
Oh, that's not good news for me. I was hoping that I could throw the BTR1 in the jeans' pocket and control the music through in-line remote (cause I'm used to it and it is less intrusive and easy to use).
I mean... that's a deal breaker for me, I change the tracks and volume all the time on the go and it's much simple to do it near my neck, either with warm clothes or just a t-shirt.
Btw, I'm using an Xperia XC mostly with Spotify and Sony's music player.

Have you heard of the Xiaomi bluetooth receiver? Though it is not as good as BTR1 in term of sound qualify and battery life (~4-5 hours), it does exactly what you wanted. The in-line remote on the headset works perfectly. It is also much cheaper than BTR1.

Jan 11, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #270 of 803

Users who are viewing this thread

Back