FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Dec 27, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #200 of 803
please note that my experience was supported by evidence of proximity interference. if there is no near interference from adjacent bt devices, the unit works very good.

Probably the XB10's SQ is very good. One minor yet important thing though that I like about the BTR1 is the proper clip. You clip it on, and it stays where you clip it. I'm not sure that I would trust the XB10's clip so much.

Dec 28, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #201 of 803
Probably the XB10's SQ is very good. One minor yet important thing though that I like about the BTR1 is the proper clip. You clip it on, and it stays where you clip it. I'm not sure that I would trust the XB10's clip so much.

indeed. ive been using the xb10 mostly amped by an external device, and the clip is not oriented in favor of the 3.5 for connection with an external receiver. wich has been kinda of a pain in the ass. in the other hand, the btr1 is better thought in this regard.

it is quite clear the xb10 was thought of and design, to be used as an standalone device, only with a second utility usecase for BT receiver for vehicules.

the btr1 though, is the more versatile device

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #202 of 803
managed to order a BTR1 for £33 so will see if it does what I want it to, now HK sellers are passing on the lower price internationally I'll get an XB10 if it doesn't! As said before my baseline for quality is the fiio E17, and I suppose it's just too dissimilar for anyone to have bothered making a comparison. If either can get close to the e17 SQ then I'll be happy. I have no interest in using a BTR1 AND an amplifier, I want an all-in-one.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #203 of 803
managed to order a BTR1 for £33 so will see if it does what I want it to, now HK sellers are passing on the lower price internationally I'll get an XB10 if it doesn't! As said before my baseline for quality is the fiio E17, and I suppose it's just too dissimilar for anyone to have bothered making a comparison. If either can get close to the e17 SQ then I'll be happy. I have no interest in using a BTR1 AND an amplifier, I want an all-in-one.

i'd owned the e17 several years back, and tested the e17k too.

the detail level of the xb10 is superior to the 2 of them.

Dec 28, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #205 of 803
What about the btr1?

XB10 > FiiO E17 > BTR1?

XB10 > BTR1 > E17?

not shure mathematical symbolism is the most acurate way to represent sound qualia.

i would say though i would probably choose the xb10 and btr1 over the e17

and the btr1 vs the e17k would be more of a personal preference thing.

as a personal choice the btr1 is a more portable and practical use case, than the e17k in early 2018.

Dec 28, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #206 of 803
Thanks. I do mean purely for sound quality alone and ability to drive headphones well, not portability or form factor etc.

I've ordered both, will keep whichever i prefer and sell the other.

Thanks!

Dec 28, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #207 of 803
Thanks. I do mean purely for sound quality alone and ability to drive headphones well, not portability or form factor etc.

I've ordered both, will keep whichever i prefer and sell the other.

Thanks!

i think that is the best strategy to decide wich is "better" choice for ones personal use. get them both and decide. looking forward to your final veredict.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #208 of 803
I'm also looking forward to your verdict. I'm considering this as well as a few others. This appeals to me more though as it means less cables and bulk. I'm considering whether I need it to power my IT01 or if I should just leave it altogether as the iBasso IT01 sounds great even powered solely from my S7 Edge (Exynos). @waynes world how big a difference is there between the S7 Edge vs S7 Edge + BTR1? The IT01 is very easy to drive, it's only 16 ohm.

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #209 of 803
I'm also looking forward to your verdict. I'm considering this as well as a few others. This appeals to me more though as it means less cables and bulk. I'm considering whether I need it to power my IT01 or if I should just leave it altogether as the iBasso IT01 sounds great even powered solely from my S7 Edge (Exynos). @waynes world how big a difference is there between the S7 Edge vs S7 Edge + BTR1? The IT01 is very easy to drive, it's only 16 ohm.

Gee, is your S7 EU or non-EU? I have an EU exynos s8 and it really can't drive my RHA t10i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back