FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Dec 8, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #136 of 803
ive only gotten the battery indicator icon on my nexus 6p with the latest oreo update this week. though i remember a friend having it in his v20 with android 7 well beyond a month ago.

Interesting. I am on 7.0 and just now did an update, but it's still at 7.0, and no bluetooth battery indicators anywhere. So for now the BatON app will be handy for me.

One strange thing I am now noticing though is that the BTR1's battery percentage as reported by BatON isn't going lower than 60% even though I am quite certain that it is lower (it does show as lower for my other devices). So I don't know what's going on there and hopefully I see a solution.

Edit: it went down to 40%, so it appears to be working. It's great being able to see the battery% for battery management :)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #137 of 803
One strange thing I am now noticing though is that the BTR1's battery percentage as reported by BatON isn't going lower than 60% even though I am quite certain that it is lower (it does show as lower for my other devices). So I don't know what's going on there and hopefully I see a solution.

Edit: it went down to 40%, so it appears to be working. It's great being able to see the battery% for battery management :)

My experience has been it only displays in 20% increments (e.g., 100%, 80%, 60%, etc...). Regardless, a fantastic feature indeed! I'm on iOS, btw.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #138 of 803
My experience has been it only displays in 20% increments (e.g., 100%, 80%, 60%, etc...). Regardless, a fantastic feature indeed! I'm on iOS, btw.

Thanks. Yes, that's what I'm seeing as well, but that's definitely fine.:)

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #140 of 803
If anyone is using the BTR1 with SE535s I'd be grateful if you could post your real-world battery life with it, eg continuous listening at a normal listening volume. I'm currently using the Shure BT1 cable and despite its many flaws, battery life is amazing. It's rated to 8 hours but I consistently get more than 12 out of it. I've got a BTR1 on order from amazon and am hoping to get similar battery life.. maybe the SE535s being high sensitivity don't draw that much power? Fingers crossed.

Dec 11, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #141 of 803
If anyone is using the BTR1 with SE535s I'd be grateful if you could post your real-world battery life with it, eg continuous listening at a normal listening volume. I'm currently using the Shure BT1 cable and despite its many flaws, battery life is amazing. It's rated to 8 hours but I consistently get more than 12 out of it. I've got a BTR1 on order from amazon and am hoping to get similar battery life.. maybe the SE535s being high sensitivity don't draw that much power? Fingers crossed.

I have gotten 6ish hours using planar magnetic over ear headphones, which you know, drain power. But most of the time i have the unit plugged in at my desk so thats based off recollection of two times.

Dec 12, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #142 of 803
Hi,
Pardon my noobness.
How does the btr1 compare to dragonfly black, sound quality wise?
Obviously the Dragonfly should sound better, but considering the fact i use mostly 150$ worth iems, should i notice any noticeable differences?
Now i just plug my earphones straight to my sony z3 compact phone, but i was thinking of improving things.
Thanx :)

Dec 12, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #143 of 803
Hi,
Pardon my noobness.
Obviously the Dragonfly should sound better, but considering the fact i use mostly 150$ worth iems, should i notice any noticeable differences?
Now i just plug my earphones straight to my sony z3 compact phone, but i was thinking of improving things.

having both, ill go for the fiio everytime.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #144 of 803
Dec 13, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #146 of 803
Hi,
Pardon my noobness.
Which codec are you using with it? Lack of AAC stopped me getting one.

strangely enough, i use TIDAL both in android and in windows with the BTR1 with no issue what so ever. and as far as i know, TIDAL works with AAC.

tested too with windows and foobar with, flac, mp3 and 24bit flac with absolutely no issue (foobar does the downscaling with hi res as far i know)

im getting delivered the XB10 in a couple of minutes, so ill be comparing both back to back.

Dec 13, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #147 of 803
strangely enough, i use TIDAL both in android and in windows with the BTR1 with no issue what so ever. and as far as i know, TIDAL works with AAC.

tested too with windows and foobar with, flac, mp3 and 24bit flac with absolutely no issue (foobar does the downscaling with hi res as far i know)

im getting delivered the XB10 in a couple of minutes, so ill be comparing both back to back.

Your phone/btr1 combo anyway is probably using aptx. Your comparison with the XB10 will be very interesting.

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #150 of 803

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was revealed a few pages back in the thread the BTR1 does not support AAC--only SBC and aptX.

Just to be clear, you guys are saying the fiio sounds better than the dragonfly?

I had a Dragonfly Red some time ago; take this with a massive grain of salt because I don't have them side by side to compare, but I wanna say I pretty definitively think the DF was better, both in power/driving ability and sound. Although, the DF not being a BT device, I'm not sure how fair a comparison is between the two.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back