FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Jun 28, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #736 of 803
I am going to test this Bluetooth DAC with my HIFIMAN 4XX headphones against my Mobius. I will be reporting back here for sure.

I rechecked my data information and the brt1k has bluetooth 5.0 while the btr3 has bluetooth 4.2; I apologize for my confusion .

As you might notice by my IWW logo, I liked your tag name too. :)

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #737 of 803
I rechecked my data information and the brt1k has bluetooth 5.0 while the btr3 has bluetooth 4.2; I apologize for my confusion .

As you might notice by my IWW logo, I liked your tag name too. :)

Woot woot. I do believe in being the democratic of audiophiles. I love to share my cans for folks if they want :D

Jun 28, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #739 of 803
Received mine and so far great sound but disappointed that it can’t get me more volume over Bluetooth for my HIFIMANs HE4XX. My Audeze Mobius can get much louder. Maybe I need another Bluetooth receiver.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #740 of 803
Received mine and so far great sound but disappointed that it can’t get me more volume over Bluetooth for my HIFIMANs HE4XX. My Audeze Mobius can get much louder. Maybe I need another Bluetooth receiver.
When I use btr1k with iphone se I set the volume of iphone two steps down from full volume; this gives better volume control for my needs.

iphone gives 16 volume steps while btr1k allows for 32 volume steps.

What source are you using to the btr1k before you output to earphone?

Jun 28, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #741 of 803
When I use btr1k with iphone se I set the volume of iphone two steps down from full volume; this gives better volume control for my needs.

iphone gives 16 volume steps while btr1k allows for 32 volume steps.

What source are you using to the btr1k before you output to earphone?

Strictly my iPhone 8 Plus. I enabled Sound Check on and see if that helps at all.

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #743 of 803
You might want to turn off iphone eq settings and what is the impedance of your earphones?

I run my fiio fa1, fa7, fh5, and sony mdr-1am2 with the btr1k and have no lack of volume problem.

Impedence of my HIFIMANs are 35 ohms which is probably too much for this adapter. I am going to test my iSine LX pair tonight when I get home.

Jun 28, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #744 of 803
You might want to turn off iphone eq settings and what is the impedance of your earphones?

I run my fiio fa1, fa7, fh5, and sony mdr-1am2 with the btr1k and have no lack of volume problem.

I just tested this a few minutes with my iSine LX's and holy shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, I noticed it's much louder with less ohmage at 16 ohms. Definitely the HIFIMAN's are much harder to drive.

Sadly enough the Audeze Bluetooth Cipher cable doesn't even go nearly as loud as these lovely birds.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #745 of 803
The power required consist of voltage and current. In the case of the HifiMan - it needs more current than voltage.and that’s where the issue is. Also, technical correction. It’s impedance, and it’s measured in ohms. It’s not “ohmage”

Jun 29, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #746 of 803
The power required consist of voltage and current. In the case of the HifiMan - it needs more current than voltage.and that’s where the issue is. Also, technical correction. It’s resistance, and it’s measured in ohms. It’s not “ohmage”

I was trying to pun with the word “homage” but the joke was lost on folks here.

Jun 29, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #748 of 803
Jun 30, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #749 of 803
Question for fiio or members:

Is there the advantage of btr1k bluetooth 5.0 battery economy on a bluetooth 4.2 (iphone se) source?

Thank you
Dear friend,

Actually the Bluetooth 5.0 may not help with the sound quality too much compared with the bluetooth 4.2.
upload_2019-7-1_11-54-9.png

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 1, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #750 of 803
Dear friend,

Actually the Bluetooth 5.0 may not help with the sound quality too much compared with the bluetooth 4.2.

Best regards
I did understand that as far as sound there is no advantage to bluetooth 5.0; I did read that battery consumption was improved with 5.0.

My question was concerning this advantage of btr1k with bluetooth 5.0 being used on a device running bluetooth 4.2; do both devices need to be running bluetooth 5.0 to take advantage of this battery consumption improvement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back