FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest--Edit 2015-10-23: FiiO X7 awarded to Brandan Lynch
Oct 10, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #271 of 428
Oct 10, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #272 of 428
  destrozer , your slogan reads smoothly.

Exactly! Slogans are meant to be catchy and smooth!

I hope I win the X7. LOL. 
tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #274 of 428
Elaborating on my original post about magic and someone else's suggestion just a few posts ago, my first slogan might be a bit longer than what you're looking for.

"FiiO - Bringing out the magic in your music" - I like it :) Although it's 7 words I still think that it's simple and desirable. It's the kind of slogan that, I think, would attract the widest audience and extend the company's market reach. However, making it shorter could sound like:

"FiiO - Our Magic in Your Music"
or even just:

"FiiO - Our magic. Your music."
or the other way around

"FiiO - Your Music. Our Magic."
I particularly like the slogan suggestions with the word magic in them because it's such a positive word. However, you could easily replace it with the word sound. For example,

"FiiO - Bringing out the sound in your music."
or

"FiiO - Your music. Our Sound."
This last one really emphasises the uniqueness of the FiiO brand and the superiority of FiiO's sound signature, while being inclusive of all diverse types of music. It touches the individual and tells them what you're about. Thoughts?

Oct 10, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #275 of 428
FiiO, Where music meets fun

FiiO, Music optimized for fun

The reason why dose two are my favorite because you need one slogan in chinese and in english, and those two are very similar to the chinese slogan, just more powerfull, as a slogan should be.

Some others:

FiiO, the sound of music
FiiO, sounds good!
FiiO, old music, new sound
FiiO, musics future
FiiO, how music should be
FiiO, sounds forward
FiiO, sounds like music in your ears

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #276 of 428
Trying again. I'm guessing that what Fiio wants might be a play on words, since the word 乐 is found in both the Chinese words for "music" and "fun". Which all three of my suggestions this time are built around.

1. Music, Melodious Infinity.
This is about as close as I could get to the Chinese slogan as possible, in terms of the play on words and order of words. "Melodious" is described as pleasant sounding, and so implies "fun" or "pleasure" of a sort. It is also a subset of "music" in its meaning, but more importantly, both words begin with the letter M, so this best captures the idea of "音乐,乐". The drawback of this suggestion is that the meaning is somewhat changed, whereby instead of "endless fun" 乐无限, the meaning is closer to "an endless world of fun" 乐快永世, but I guess that happens with languages with different rules.

2. Music, Endlessly Euphonious.
This is the most balanced suggestion, in that like "melodious", euphonious also means pleasant-sounding, suggests fun and is related to "music" and so has that play on words like 音乐 and 乐, but the whole phrase retains the meaning of 乐无限.
Also, it sounds kind of classy.

3. Music, Everlasting Euphoria.
Unlike the other two, "euphoria" doesn't actually have any meaning that directly links it back to music. However, it means extreme joy and fun, which matches the meaning of the slogan. Also, given that quite a few audiophiles use "euphoric" to describe their impressions of music equipment (when they might actually be referring to euphonious), its interpretation among the audiophile community could also give that play on words effect that Fiio might be looking for.

Hope this helps!

Oct 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #278 of 428
Why not simply

Fiio: enjoy

It seems to be exactly what you're getting at; you want your customers to enjoy owning your products, using them and the music they hear from them. Wishing that they enjoy fiio itself would convey all of this. A single word motto is also easy to remember and suggestive of a brand's confidence in it's reputation.

Oct 11, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #279 of 428
  Why not simply

Fiio: enjoy

It seems to be exactly what you're getting at; you want your customers to enjoy owning your products, using them and the music they hear from them. Wishing that they enjoy fiio itself would convey all of this. A single word motto is also easy to remember and suggestive of a brand's confidence in it's reputation.

You're absolutely right.

Sadly, Coca Cola used "Enjoy" back in 2000 and it's likely still protected by trademark law
frown.gif

(Enjoy and Fiio: Enjoy are pretty much interchangable, like in almost all other slogans presented here, as in reality any slogan will accompany the FiiO logo anyway..)
M.

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #281 of 428
They say repetition is key to something becoming catchy, so...

Fun. Innovation. FiiOvation.

wink_face.gif

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #283 of 428
I have a couple:

Fiio = Music Evolved - Fun, Easy, Addictive....

Fiio = Dream Players for music fans

The first one makes the most sense. I work in IT and do our internal marketing. Easy and translate friendly.

The second one is good too but the first one speaks to use, fun and ongoing enjoyment.

Thank you for holding the contest. Looking forward to seeing who the winner is.

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #285 of 428

1. Music, Melodious Infinity.
This is about as close as I could get to the Chinese slogan as possible, in terms of the play on words and order of words. "Melodious" is described as pleasant sounding, and so implies "fun" or "pleasure" of a sort. It is also a subset of "music" in its meaning, but more importantly, both words begin with the letter M, so this best captures the idea of "音乐,乐". The drawback of this suggestion is that the meaning is somewhat changed, whereby instead of "endless fun" 乐无限, the meaning is closer to "an endless world of fun" 乐快永世, but I guess that happens with languages with different rules.

2. Music, Endlessly Euphonious.

3. Music, Everlasting Euphoria.

Hi cyr32, personally speaking ,  the first slogan you made is not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back