FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest--Edit 2015-10-23: FiiO X7 awarded to Brandan Lynch
Sep 25, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #16 of 428
Entry:
Going beyond fun through music << translated slogan

Our passion in every note/ Hearing our passion in every note << slogan based on elaboration :D

GL everyone and thank you Fiio for the contest!

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #17 of 428
Enjoy Music Freedom

or

Joy in Music Freedom

I chose three key words to use in the translated slogan, "music" (音乐), "joy" (乐), and "free" (无限). The reason for "music" is straightforward. "Joy" rather than "fun", to really hone in on the intention of 乐, as "fun" has the additional connotation of amusement or silliness which may not be appropriate. As for "free", something to enhance "endless" and synonyms that are more associated with size, scope, and extent. It addresses 无限's meaning of "unrestricted" and "unconstrained" while also signalling the "unlimited", "endless" possibilities freedom is able to afford. In practical terms, it can fully relate to the four points of elaboration:

1. Freedom to enjoy your music with high quality audio devices that suit your needs.
2. Freedom to connect to your music without cumbersome hardware/software getting in the way.
3. Freedom to find/customize what you want from a diverse product line, at price points that allow you to buy freely.
4. Freedom from after-sales headaches with FiiO customer service.

More broadly, a more profound slogan by association with the concept of "music setting one free" (The Phantom of the Opera anyone?) is a compelling one to tap into, and leaves room for positive open interpretation/reader imagination, and perhaps a deeper connection with the customer. Yet the concept of freedom is powerful and ideologically charged and should be handled accordingly so it doesn't overwhelm the rest of the message the slogan is supposed to convey. Case in point, before I worked in the word "joy" into the translation, I went with "Musical Freedom", using "musical" to hint at a pleasing experience for FiiO users, but the word "freedom" was too dominating there. In the final translation, attaching it to "music" at the end worked well to shift focus to what is important, as in the Chinese original where the powerful "无限" is attached to "fun" instead.

Originally, the thought was to match the format of the Chinese slogan and somehow have "music", or a form of it, as the first word to represent music as first and foremost, but that gave results that just don't roll off the tongue as easily as 音乐,乐无限 read in Chinese does. The original "Music, Endless Fun", and "Music, Freedom of Enjoyment", "Music Enjoyed Freely", and related ideas I bandied around sound a little unwieldy.

After more thought and a reading of FiiO's About page (http://www.fiio.net/about), it's clear customer satisfaction and enjoyment is the top priority, so it felt safe to put "joy" as the first word of the translation, despite not paralleling the Chinese format. The rest fell into place by itself.

Another one just for fun...
Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring > Music, Joy of Man Unbounded > Music, Joy Unbound (Music, Joy Without Limit)
biggrin.gif

And leading back to my original idea, if "freedom" sounds too off-message, perhaps replace it with "unbound(ed)" or "without limit(s)".

Enjoy Music Unbound(ed)/Without Limit(s)

Joy in Music Unbound(ed)/Without Limit(s)

That said, I like how Alicia Keys' The Element of Freedom is translated as 《无限元素》, with her commenting it's about "eliminating all of the boundaries and all the limitations, so that you can feel your freedom and express your freedom in every way you possibly can" or "只要排除所有的界限和限制,你就能变得自由,才能尽情的展现出你的自由。"

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #20 of 428
"EVERBLASTING"

I coined a word I believe perfectly synthesizes the characters for "endless" and "fun" with the added connotation of amplified music. 

It is a portmanteau of "everlasting" and "blast." 

From Merriam-Webster: 

Full Definition of EVERLASTING 

:  lasting or enduring through all time :  eternal

a (1) :  continuing for a long time or indefinitely (2) :  having or being flowers or foliage that retain form or color for a long time when dried

:  wearing indefinitely <everlasting twill pants>

Full Definition of BLAST

a :  a violent gust of wind  
b :  the effect or accompaniment (as sleet) of such a gust

:  the sound produced by an impulsion of air through a wind instrument or whistle

:  something resembling a gust of wind: as  
a :  a stream of air or gas forced through a hole  
b :  a vehement outburst  
c :  the continuous blowing to which a charge of ore or metal is subjected in a blast furnace

a :  a sudden pernicious influence or effect <the blast of a huge epidemic>  
b :  a disease of plants marked by the formation of destructive lesions on leaves and inflorescences

a :  an explosion or violent detonation  
b :  the shock wave of an explosion  
c :  a forceful hit (as in baseball) or shot (as in soccer or golf); especially :  home run

:  speedcapacityoperation <go full blast> <in full blast>

:  an enjoyably exciting experience, occasion, or event <I had a blast>; especially :  party
— blast from the past :  a striking reminder of an earlier time :  something that excites nostalgia

Sep 25, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #23 of 428
Uhm here's my shot:

"Music, an endless journey of emotions"

Soo, can i haz the x7 now
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #24 of 428
"EVERBLASTING"

I coined a word I believe perfectly synthesizes the characters for "endless" and "fun" with the added connotation of amplified music. 

It is a portmanteau of "everlasting" and "blast." 

Wow, I would seriously consider this one :thumbsup:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 26, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #26 of 428
SLOGANS:
1. Seeing what  your eyes can't comprehend.
2. Audiophile grade music without the Audiophile price
3. Fiio, no more "Sorry for your wallet"
4. The Game Changer
5. Setting new Audiophile Standards

Reasoning:
1. Seeing with your ears, providing great soundstaging and layering.
2. Affordable prices that are sure to be the most "bang for back"
3. Head-fi
beerchug.gif

4. Changing the game for affordable devices, pushing the limits of value engineering with the most high value/quality ratio.
5. Setting new entry level standards both in sound, build and user interface.

Sep 26, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #27 of 428
I'd switch it up to be:

Endless Music, Infinite Fun

Or

Endless Music, Infinite Joy

Or

FiiO: Endless Music, Infinite Fun

Or

FiiO: Endless Music, Infinite Joy

Or

FiiO: Endless Musical fun, Infinite customer Joy

Very close to the Chinese slogan, but more awesome. Simple too. :)

Sep 26, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #28 of 428
The Chinese character for "fun" is used twice, so it has to be in there. Fiio's broad line-up and quality are based on "innovation." Fiio is about "music", but also customer service, both of which, when incredibly good, deserve an "ovation." Put it all together and:

Music is Fun. FiiO is FunnOvation.

Sep 26, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #29 of 428
Endless exciting adventure of music

or maybe change exciting to delightful, fun, amusing, pleasurable, pleasant, or any synonym you find better. 
biggrin.gif

Why adventure? cause this is a never ending journey of buying, err, I mean of enjoying things.
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #30 of 428
The Chinese character for "fun" is used twice, so it has to be in there. Fiio's broad line-up and quality are based on "innovation." Fiio is about "music", but also customer service, both of which, when incredibly good, deserve an "ovation." Put it all together and:

Music is Fun. FiiO is FunnOvation.

Hi Hakushondaimao,haha , you got the point of the Chinese character that we used, it is great . For the English slogan, we do need the one is easy to be remembered and said by our fans. just like Nike's slogan : Just Do It.  right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back