FiiiO M6 icons
Jan 21, 2019 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Careyw

New Head-Fier
Hi. The M6 shows small coloured icons in title lists and individual tracks to indicate track quality. These show things like SQ, HQ, HD etc. I can kind of work out what they mean but can't seem to find them explained in user guides etc .The UI is the same as the M7 and M9, generally, and I've checked their manuals too without luck. Any FiiiO gurus out there can help?

Jan 21, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 12
I think it show the quality of the recording:
SQ - Standard Quality
HQ - High Quality
HD - High Definition

Jan 21, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 12
I think the audio quality is categorized according to the sampling rate.
According to FiiO support:
Lossless 44kHz - 88kHz:SQ
Lossless 96kHz - 192kHz: HR
HD was not mentioned in the forum but I believe it covered everything more than that? Maybe DSD?

Feb 16, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #9 of 12
Checking further today, I have SQ, HR, and DSD. So can confirm that DSF files show as DSD icon.
I don't have any HD icons, sp that was a mistake in my original post.
It's all about the bitrate - I have FLACs at lower bit rates thats show as SQ and ones at higher bit rates that show as HR. Makes sense!

Also, as mentioned in the user guide suggested above, MP3's have no icon.

Anyone know if there is an M6 firmware coming ?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #10 of 12
Feb 17, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #11 of 12
Thanks. Upgrading now. Also enjoyed your review. Very happy with mine. A few weird things happening (maybe fixed with FW upgrade) where the playback starts skipping/dropping out when there is stuff happening with the wi-fi connection (like right now while I d/load the FW update). This was really bad when I first got it, but a factory reset resolved this (weirdly). It has only just started happening again now after about 2 months. It may be a memory leak or similar issue therefore.

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #12 of 12
Hopefully firmware update can help you with the issue. I did not face this issue maybe I am not using it very intensively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back