4. Alpha3
5. X-Men vs SF
6. Marvel Super Heroes
7. Vampire Savior
8. Marvel vs Capcom 1
9. SF3: 2nd Impact
10. Pocket Fighter

Jan 3, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #47 of 69
I played Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R with some friends. Most of us were fairly new to the game, so it was fun pressing buttons and figuring out interactions. I decided to go with Bridget because I like the mobility options and setting weapons on the screen that opponents have to remember exist. (I play Ramlethal in Revelator 2, for example). Not sure how serious I will get into the game, but I definitely want to explore it more to learn more of the ridiculous things that are possible in it.

Two of us also tried out BlazBlue Central Fiction since it is getting rollback netcode. I went for Litchi because, again, throwing out a weapon and using it remotely from time to time. My friend was trying out Amane, who also has a learning curve. It was fun to play though and I look forward to playing casually with friends from time to time.

Jan 3, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #48 of 69
I played Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R with some friends. Most of us were fairly new to the game, so it was fun pressing buttons and figuring out interactions. I decided to go with Bridget because I like the mobility options and setting weapons on the screen that opponents have to remember exist. (I play Ramlethal in Revelator 2, for example). Not sure how serious I will get into the game, but I definitely want to explore it more to learn more of the ridiculous things that are possible in it.

Two of us also tried out BlazBlue Central Fiction since it is getting rollback netcode. I went for Litchi because, again, throwing out a weapon and using it remotely from time to time. My friend was trying out Amane, who also has a learning curve. It was fun to play though and I look forward to playing casually with friends from time to time.
ARC SYS does such beautiful work.

I wish Capcom would hire ARC SYS to simply redraw their late 90’s sprites in 4k, to relaunch all the Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter III, Vampire Savior, Marvel versus, and CVS games, with all gameplay and frame data totally unchanged.

Just a fresh coat of ArcSys paint on top to sell all those existing assets of perfect 2d gameplay to a new audience:

1. 3rd Strike
2. Marvel 2
3. CVS2
4. Alpha3
5. X-Men vs SF
6. Marvel Super Heroes
7. Vampire Savior
8. Marvel vs Capcom 1
9. SF3: 2nd Impact
10. Pocket Fighter

Imagine ARC SYS redrawing every single frame and background of those classics. And maybe adding a few extra frames in between to smooth out the animations even more. Maybe even some dash animations in games which didn’t originally feature dash.

I bet Capcom could resell all those redrawn games and make nearly a billion dollars when the projects are all said and done.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #49 of 69
I had points on my credit card saved up so I overindulged and bought an MVSX cabinet (like the Arcade 1Up cabs, but this is SNK specific). It comes with 50 games, most of them fighting games. Like it has KOF 94 through KOF 2003, six Samurai Shodowns, the eight Fatal Fury games, Last Blade 1 and 2, and more. Not all of them are fighting games, like there are six Metal Slug games and Sengoku 1, 2, and 3. There are also some sports games I have yet to explore.

I have not had it long enough to explore all of the games, but it has been fun exploring The Last Blade and Garou: Mark of the Wolves for the first time. All in all, a decent cabinet, though I am going to be replacing the sticks and buttons once they come in. The stick uses a circular/octagonal gate and I have become too used to a square gate.

Beyond that, the machine looks nice and the screen is good with decent pixel emulation. SamShoV Special, KOF 98 and 02, The Last Blade, and Garou are the ones I look forward to playing the most (but definitely want to try the earlier iterations of those franchises).

Jan 7, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #50 of 69
I think Last Blade and Garou were both visually outstanding designs for it's time. The character designs and animations were so sleek. It would be cool if Arc Systems would remaster this one. Although the Last Blade looks good, Samurai Shodown is another level when it comes to character design.

Rock Howard was a great design.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #51 of 69
I wanted to ask you about online games. Maybe someone here likes to play video games as much as I do. Because I'm really addicted to them. And I just can't play any other games but these. So. Would you mind telling me. Do you use any currency exchanges. Because I've seen here that you can exchange them. Or a rolling account?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #53 of 69
After messing around a bit with older KOF games, I decided to get KOF XV. I am still not completely sold on the 3D aesthetic, but the gameplay is pretty solid. Once thing I have come to appreciate with the KOF series is that they will make some mechanical changes between versions, but the core consistent. I have not played 11-14, and there are still a few in the 94-03 series I have not played, but it is a decent series to push buttons with.

I am still not sure who my team will be in XV, but I have been enjoying Maxima and King and I am really hopeful for B Jenet as I like her in Garou.

Mar 14, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #54 of 69
Recently friends got me to go back into Guilty Gear Strive and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R. I love the Guilty Gear aesthetic in general, but mechanically Strive is still a challenge for me. It is funny though as one of the complaints of people coming from older gear games, "Strive has not gatlings", does not apply to me since Ramlethal in Xrd does not have traditional gatlings anyways (gatling being characters can combo punch into kick into slash into heavy slash). The pacing of Strive is very different, but that could be because I am still in my inefficient learning process. My general method is mash a bit, see what works and then be more selective with mashing, gradually refining knowledge of when I can poke with what, what buttons are good, what buttons are situational, etc. It probably does not help that I am trying to learn Zato, but they changed Ramlethal too much for my liking, so I am still not sure who to play.

As for +R, it is the opposite when it comes to speed. Very fast paced, the Force Break moves (EX moves in most other games) are an interesting additional use for meter. Since Ramlethal does not exist in +R, I have decided to go with Bridget. He fits some of the Ram needs of 'I am going to throw my weapon out on the screen, and I can activate it later, so yay for giving my opponent something else to think about'. He also has interesting air movement options which I enjoy. The game still feels a bit too fast for me, and my friends were much more experienced with it so I did not take many rounds, but it was fun exploring options and finding things that work.

Between the two, I will probably practice +R a little more since I feel like I have found a character I like in it, though both are gorgeous and fun in their own ways. I do feel that +R has more of the "everything in this game is bull crazy", though that could just be because it feels more familiar than Strive does currently.

Xrd is still my favorite, even with the bad netcode.

Mar 15, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #55 of 69
I love playing Guilty Gear (I played a bit of Xrd and more recently Strive), but a lot of the more complex interactions definitely send me for a loop haha. I love the aesthetic and the funky story though, I always catch myself watching those long lore history videos by people on YouTube whenever I get back into it.

I think my favorite FGC game series of all time though has to be Soul Calibur. Followed closely by Mortal Kombat for sure. I love the fluidity of Soul Calibur and I'm a sucker for the 8-way run style.

Mar 24, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #56 of 69
Capcom vs Snk 2 was IMO the best fighting game ever, took a lot of skill, popular at the arcades, long lines behind the machine when it was at its peak.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #57 of 69
My friend Streetfightergirl
streetfightergirl1.jpg
streetfightergirl2.jpg

streetfightergirl3.jpg

streetfightergirl04.gif
streetfightergirl5.jpg

Jul 2, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #58 of 69
Here's a new one by Arc System Works. I'm not much into fighting games these days. I think SoulsBorne games has evolved from combination of fighting games and arpgs. And I moved onto that. Good combat mechanics in a dungeon settings and level designs.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #59 of 69
DNF DUEL is a great looking game, but apparently has 6-8 frames of input lag. Which is just wholly unacceptable on so many levels to release a fighting game in 2022 with that much input lag out the box.

Sure, later on a DL patch will fix it, but holy fkk who green lighted it being released like this ?

Aug 25, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #60 of 69
Guys, if you are into fighting games, play souls-borne/souls-like games. They are the new genre evolved from combination of metroidvania and fighting games. You will see what I mean when you play the bosses in Sekiro, etc.. Nioh series, etc.. has that fighting game like complex combat mechanics. Try them.

Street fight 2, basically boss battles

Souls-Borne, boss battles, but in 3d. Your healthbar and boss's healthbar in different locations. Crawling through the dungeon to get to this boss, Metroidvania.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back